I need something that fits my needs.

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Eyoda12

I need something that fits my needs.

Post by Eyoda12 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Help! I have just bought a microkorg as my first step towards techno production. I now need a peice of hardware that will do drums, and most importantly, record input and play it back as a loop. I know I could just go with something groovebox-like and just run my synth through it, but I have no clue where to start. I've found some software that fits my needs, and I do own a midi interface, but i'd rather use hardware for it cannot easily crash. Then i can just record it to tape, convert to CD, and if I need to, edit it. I've been looking at the MC-303 and its brothers from roland, but If anyone has any better reccomendations, please state them!

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:53 pm

MPC1000 is the best way to go. You can just sample your korg over and over for example...

drum machine ... does loops well. ... very open ended ... there's multiple ways to do the same thing.. works to your style.

I know it's more exciting to buy something with sounds already in it, but to be honest an MPC is all I can relly suggest.. of course there is other good stuff out there ... but that's for you to figure out on your personal journey through gear ... it's too subjective for me to really tell you what to buy.. but I know you can't go wrong with an MPC.

Helix

Post by Helix » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:20 pm

The MPC1000 is pretty expensive but it would probably suit you best if you really must have hardware.
I would on the other hand recomend software and especially FL Studio. Download the demo version and try it out!
XTk 30v, Q, Voyager RME, Indigo, Polymorph, Braintech Transistorbass 3

Soundwave

Post by Soundwave » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:00 pm

ER1
EM-1
EMX1
Rave-o-loution 309?

I'd avoid the MC303 like the Black Death, its a stinker and you'll want shut of it again after a month.

CloudOnAFly

Post by CloudOnAFly » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:43 pm

Soundwave wrote:ER1
EM-1
EMX1
Rave-o-loution 309?

I'd avoid the MC303 like the Black Death, its a stinker and you'll want shut of it again after a month.
i really disliked the mc303 i had for a couple days. It just seemed like easy tasks were complicated to perform. (i prefer my es-1 to it)
...simply put..

Metasonix is the choice for all self respecting meta-humans...
(meta-humans currently known are trolls, orcs, dwarves, dragons.....)