New Dave Smith Instruments site

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Ski

Post by Ski » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:55 pm

tallowwaters wrote:err...actually it was a joke because DB's post was doubled.
err... So was mine! :wink: Gotcha.

CTB

Post by CTB » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:47 pm

Ski wrote:So if you want to hear some very raw, completely unprocessed sounds from the P'08, you might be interested. If you're looking for a slick polished demo song, this stuff of mine definitely doesn't qualify.
Ski,
THANKS! Exactly what I was looking for. Muchas muchas gracias.
:D
CTB

ElRhodeo

Post by ElRhodeo » Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:06 am

You know what's funny? When I first heard about the Prophet 08 2 weeks ago, I had bought a Prophet 5 just a few days earlier. At first I was afraid (I was petrified... no wait) I could have made a mistake.
But the Prophet 5 (Version 3.2) sounds sooo good, I've never had such a great sounding synth before. And I have a feeling that the Prophet 08 might sound a little to clean for my tastes... on the other hand, the demos are not really good. I'll definitely check out the 08, too.

Dave Bryce

Post by Dave Bryce » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:55 am

tallowwaters wrote: err...actually it was a joke because DB's post was doubled.
I wuz a victim of our good friend the Critical Error screen... :?

dB
Alesis Andromeda (x2)/QS8/QSR/NanoBass/Ion, Casio VZ10M, DSI PEK (x2)/PER/MEK/P'08, Korg M3/WSSR/M1R, Kurzweil K2000/PC3, Macbeth M5, heavily modded MiniMoog, Nord Electro 2, Oberheim OB5, Roland V-Synth XT/MKS80/MKS70/JD990/D550, Yamaha MOTIF ES8

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:33 am

Dave Bryce wrote:
tallowwaters wrote: err...actually it was a joke because DB's post was doubled.
I wuz a victim of our good friend the Critical Error screen... :?

dB
it always makes me think of those multiple sample stabs in "19"
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

sizzlemeister

Post by sizzlemeister » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:34 am

Dave Bryce wrote: I wuz a victim of our good friend the Critical Error screen... :?

dB
Speaking of, yo DB, was DS going crazy last week? Usually he responds promptly to emails but I've sent him two a week apart and nothing from him yet. I can understand, obviously, things were probably whacko for him at DSI World HQ, but I hope nothing is amiss.

Dave Bryce

Post by Dave Bryce » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:37 am

sizzlemeister wrote: yo DB, was DS going crazy last week? Usually he responds promptly to emails but I've sent him two a week apart and nothing from him yet. I can understand, obviously, things were probably whacko for him at DSI World HQ, but I hope nothing is amiss.
Nah. He was on vacation last week, and as you have surmised, this week has been...hectic. ;)

dB
Alesis Andromeda (x2)/QS8/QSR/NanoBass/Ion, Casio VZ10M, DSI PEK (x2)/PER/MEK/P'08, Korg M3/WSSR/M1R, Kurzweil K2000/PC3, Macbeth M5, heavily modded MiniMoog, Nord Electro 2, Oberheim OB5, Roland V-Synth XT/MKS80/MKS70/JD990/D550, Yamaha MOTIF ES8

binderyhelper

Post by binderyhelper » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:54 pm

Does anyone think that there will be Prophet '08s offered that my be different that the first offerings...ie lite blue Pitch and Mod. wheels as an
option on the standard Prophet '08?

Moog did this with the Voyager and for a small amount of $ I was able to
get the lite blue wheels option. However, I feel (my opionion only) that Moog got a little carried away with different versions after the original offering. Folks put up a lot of money for something that was to be special and only to find out that almost anything with the exception of Bob Moog's
signature would be available down the road.

I guess a wide variety of options could be considered good or bad, depending on how you look at it.

Congrats to ALL at DSI!!!