Share your pdf-manuals/jpg-synth-ads etc.

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
konvert

Share your pdf-manuals/jpg-synth-ads etc.

Post by konvert » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:21 am

Hieyeyall.

I've been slowly collecting manuals for different synths/effects, mainly just for fun and for possible future use for myself and others of course.

If you feel like contributing, I'd be happy to receive all kinds of manuals (in electronic format) and synth-ads (electronic format also)!

What I've got at the moment, can be seen here:

http://konvert.net/manuals

This is by no means meant to be complete manualbase but it's nice to have few manuals lying around in case somebody has lost his/her own and needs to find it.

so, if you felt a sparkle in your heart:

manuskat [at] gmail . com

Also, some simple synth-demos can be found here:

http://konvert.net/demos
Vermona DRM1 mk2, Casio CZ-1000, MaM VF-11, Boss PC-2, Korg Minipops Junior

oberheim
Gear: Lots of Korg's, Kawai's, Roland's, Akai's and Emu's. Plus a Yamaha, Nord and Oberheim.

Post by oberheim » Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:37 am

:D That's a great idea, there's too many rip-off sites charging for pdf's and print outs of old manuals. Well done! I'm sure I've got a few manuals that I can contribute...
[RO] SH101, D550, D-110 JV1080, MKS70, S750, S550 [KW] K1r, K5m, R-50 [AK] S700, S1100, [EMU] ESI32, ESI2000, Proteus 1 [KRG] EX800, X5dr, M3r, Wavestation SR, P3, Symphony, DW6000, DSS1, DS-8, Poly61, S3, DDD1, [NV] A Station, [OB] Matrix1000, [NRD] MicroMod, [YAM] TX7

portland
Gear: Elektron Machinedrum UW+, GEM S2, Roland S-760, Korg SDD-3300, Kawai Q-80, Yamaha TG-77, Yamaha 01x, Adam A7s, Logic Studio, Reaktor 5
Band: Romeo Alfa

Post by portland » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:33 pm

Though you can get any Roland or Yamaha manual for free from their respective websites.

Entropy Farmer

Post by Entropy Farmer » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:00 am

I found my Morpheus manual here - there are several others

m03

Re: Share your pdf-manuals/jpg-synth-ads etc.

Post by m03 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:25 am

konvert wrote: This is by no means meant to be complete manualbase but it's nice to have few manuals lying around in case somebody has lost his/her own and needs to find it.
Careful not to violate any copyrights by doing so.

I've seen people on other forums get themselves into legal trouble by doing something similar. Even if the company or product no longer exists they could have sold the right to reproduce the manuals to someone else.

konvert

Re: Share your pdf-manuals/jpg-synth-ads etc.

Post by konvert » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:47 am

m03 wrote:
konvert wrote: This is by no means meant to be complete manualbase but it's nice to have few manuals lying around in case somebody has lost his/her own and needs to find it.
Careful not to violate any copyrights by doing so.

I've seen people on other forums get themselves into legal trouble by doing something similar. Even if the company or product no longer exists they could have sold the right to reproduce the manuals to someone else.
Yes, that occurred to me also. Though let's say I'm feeling reckless and anarchist so I'll take the plunge. I just can't see some company owning the rights for some manual taking the steps pursuing legal actions against me.
If that happens, well, too bad for me.
It's not like I'm compiling huge database of expensive stuff or anything. Mainly for the joy of COLLECTING :lol:
I collect, therefore I am.
Vermona DRM1 mk2, Casio CZ-1000, MaM VF-11, Boss PC-2, Korg Minipops Junior

sam
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by sam » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:04 am

The good thing about these forums is sharing information.

Roland have always been very helpful to me with schematics.

I have collected many manuals and schematics over the years and would share this information at no cost.

It's the right thing to do.... :D

BTW...This is not an attack on anyone selling pdf's...If people want to buy it's their choice.....I don't give a monkeys..... :D
Roland Vp330 mk1.SH101.juno 6.OSCar.ARP odyssey..Tonus 2600..omni.
ms20/50. OBX.
Prophet 5
Wasp.EMS AKS.