does anyone have this?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
slinkyjr
Band: an1matron1x

does anyone have this?

Post by slinkyjr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:23 pm

hello, i just got the new DSI Prophet 08. i have only played around with a few of the patches, i will get into it more when i return home in a couple of days. i am just wondering if anyone else has had a chance to play with it and get their first impressions with it.
thanks,[/img]
Rogue, Minimoog, LAMM(w/blue LEDs), MemoryMoog+, PolyMoog keyboard, PolyMoog synth, Jupiter 8,VP-330, JD-800,TB-303, Polysix, 2600, Odyssey, Quadra, Xpander,Matrix 1000,Prophet 5,Pro-one,Prophet 600,Prophet 10, Nord 2X, Virus KC,Prophet 08

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Post by wiss » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:31 pm

do you have special edtion or the standard? I do plan to go into A.H. and give it a whirl...
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

code green
Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Post by code green » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:37 pm

please post as thorough a review as you can muster when you've played withh it some--the people want to know!

megawatt

Post by megawatt » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:45 pm

oh man! I have one on order through Nova but the don't have their stock yet.... Where did you order yours through?
OP-1, RYTM, A4, CS-50, PUSH

filtermod

Post by filtermod » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:30 pm

maaan!
I'm jealous...and broke!
Let us all know how you like it.

slinkyjr

Post by slinkyjr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:55 pm

megawatt wrote:oh man! I have one on order through Nova but the don't have their stock yet.... Where did you order yours through?
i had one on preorder at novamusik, kinda long story, but after calling DSI, and searching around, i was able to get one sent to me on friday from robotspeak. Steve, seems like a nice guy, really helpful, and hopefully i will buy more stuff from them. novamusik should have some now, because they started shipping already. so, you should be getting yours very soon. after you do get it, please post a review of what you think of it. :D i would love to hear opinions.
Rogue, Minimoog, LAMM(w/blue LEDs), MemoryMoog+, PolyMoog keyboard, PolyMoog synth, Jupiter 8,VP-330, JD-800,TB-303, Polysix, 2600, Odyssey, Quadra, Xpander,Matrix 1000,Prophet 5,Pro-one,Prophet 600,Prophet 10, Nord 2X, Virus KC,Prophet 08

slinkyjr

Post by slinkyjr » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:56 pm

wiss wrote:do you have special edtion or the standard? I do plan to go into A.H. and give it a whirl...
i have the regular, non-special edition.

StepLogik
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Vorpal Sword, Chain Mail +3, Ring of Invisibility, Staff of the Magi, Boots of Speed

Post by StepLogik » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:21 pm

oh man i'm jealous

im trying to decide right now if i should get on the waiting list. i always said if DS made another analogue polysynth i'd buy it but i gave up after he seemed into the DSP stuff. so i went out and got a P5 and had it restored, upgraded, and midi-fied.

of course, now that i've bought the P5, DS makes the P08 :lol:

they are very different machines though, so I'll probably end up getting one anyway.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:14 am

I can't find any closeups of the panel anywhere, so can you tell me if it has that awesome Polymod section from the P5?

I've only tried softsynths (have Prophet-V from Arturia), but that feature alone is so easy to make crazy stuff with.

Shanesaw
Gear: Ultranova, Minibrute, Microbrute, Spark, microKORG, microX,

Post by Shanesaw » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:08 am

Congrats! Seem like your one of the first to get one, well, the first to post that you posses one. Just out of shear curiosity, what serial# is it?

neandrewthal

Post by neandrewthal » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:21 am

Bitexion wrote:I can't find any closeups of the panel anywhere, so can you tell me if it has that awesome Polymod section from the P5?

I've only tried softsynths (have Prophet-V from Arturia), but that feature alone is so easy to make crazy stuff with.
According to manual, well according to me from reading the manual it has a much more powerful polymod section, where pretty much anything can modulate anything including any of the four lfos modulating the speed of each other, the amount of each other the amount of the envelopes, probably nothing special to an Andromeda owner but for me it's mind-blowing.
What happens at fondue stays at fondue!

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:36 am

So it's more like a mod matrix now then. What I like about the P5 polymod is that there is no menu diving, you just turn the knobs and immediately get the results.

QQ1

Re: does anyone have this?

Post by QQ1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:14 am

slinkyjr wrote:hello, i just got the new DSI Prophet 08. i have only played around with a few of the patches, i will get into it more when i return home in a couple of days. i am just wondering if anyone else has had a chance to play with it and get their first impressions with it.
thanks,[/img]
Granted you haven't had much time to spend with the synth, what are your initial thoughts?

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:27 pm

Bitexion wrote:So it's more like a mod matrix now then. What I like about the P5 polymod is that there is no menu diving, you just turn the knobs and immediately get the results.
It's not a menu, you press a button to choose which of the 4 mod slots you're using, then there are 3 knobs for source, amount and destination. Immediate results.

edit to say what i really meant
Last edited by Stab Frenzy on Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

slinkyjr

Post by slinkyjr » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:25 am

Shanesaw wrote:Congrats! Seem like your one of the first to get one, well, the first to post that you posses one. Just out of shear curiosity, what serial# is it?
oddly enough, i thought that it should be a real low serial number, but alas it is 0322.