What is the best alternative to the FR-777??

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
ThinkTanx
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Post by ThinkTanx » Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:50 pm

I should have never made this thread. It has driven my GAS to stratospheric and dangerous levels. :D

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:12 pm

ThinkTanx wrote:I should have never made this thread. It has driven my GAS to stratospheric and dangerous levels. :D
Well, the good thing is that you have a Voyager that will fetch alot of cash...the bas news is that you have to find a 777 and when you do...pay over $1200 or so these days.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

shagghie

mods to the Silver FR-777?

Post by shagghie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:25 pm

JSRockit wrote:Man, I have to hand it to you folks that won't sell your stuff even for outrageous prices. I'd sell that silver one and buy two black ones... ; Is there any other differences besides color shaggie?
Haricots, too;

Yeah, Jered installed the muffler mod at the factory for the original intended purchaser. Where as once the normal 777 sounded like a Ducatti, it now sounds like a Harley being hacked up by a chainsaw with a twist of lime.

I also very painstakingly replaced the LEDs with white LEDs on the 1,5,9,13 steps, and Blue LEDS on the rest. Those switches are no longer able to be ordered exactly the same way by the manufactured, so desoldering the switch mount points with new ones was impossible. So, i had to literally cut down into each switch to address the LEDs themselves. OK, not as easy as it sounds...the LED's leads have to be bent 90 degrees, twice, in order to fit the switch LED threads. It was retarded and took me a month to complete. I used up my full customer service time with Jered in the process...b/c unknown to me, the LEDs actually are 'in' the circuit design itself, and at one point I lost clock because i didn't connect the dots.... long story.

Alas the knobs are replaced with very expensive aluminum shaft knobs that match the rest of it.

I used to have two 777's but had to (effectively) sell first in order to buy this one from Stormboy, whom bought it from the Sweetwater dealer, that obtained via a gear/studio swap/trade with G&R.
The earlier 777 I had had two mods, one of which I really liked...it allowed the envelope to have infinate decay, so I could pad drone out for days with it...

bakeded
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by bakeded » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:57 pm

:-#
Last edited by bakeded on Tue May 12, 2009 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

shagghie

Who wants a MINT FR-777? Speak up now or forgetaboutit!

Post by shagghie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:23 pm

OK, I have a private stock, never-been used FR-777 that I've been holding out on. OK, it's been used a few times here and there to A/B with my Silver FR-777..... but this one is museum ready. You can tell in a second, as if a human hand has never touched it.

I'm not advertising this on the gear list yet...figured give you guys a chance first to submit best offers on it. This thing is like, brand new...probably the SINGLE best example on planet earth, since usually these get played live a lot (like my silver one...you can tell it's been used!).

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone...but PM me if you are have as bad of gas I think you are.

Too bad you guys all missed this one... this FR-777 sold for only $200!
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/849-Fe ... enameZWDVW

:p suckas
Last edited by shagghie on Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bakeded
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by bakeded » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:35 pm

Last edited by bakeded on Tue May 12, 2009 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

shagghie

Post by shagghie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:16 pm

ThinkTanx wrote:I should have never made this thread. It has driven my GAS to stratospheric and dangerous levels. :D
I have magic red anti-gass pill. Which will you choose, the red pill, or the blue pill? Once you decide, you will never be able to go back.

see above and PM me.

signed,
X-gas

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: Who wants a MINT FR-777? Speak up now or forgetaboutit!

Post by JSRockit » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:13 pm

shagghie wrote:OK, I have a private stock, never-been used FR-777 that I've been holding out on. OK, it's been used a few times here and there to A/B with my Silver FR-777..... but this one is museum ready. You can tell in a second, as if a human hand has never touched it.

I'm not advertising this on the gear list yet...figured give you guys a chance first to submit best offers on it. This thing is like, brand new...probably the SINGLE best example on planet earth, since usually these get played live a lot (like my silver one...you can tell it's been used!).

Shhhhh, don't tell anyone...but PM me if you are have as bad of gas I think you are.

Not nice... :wink:

shagghie

Post by shagghie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:19 pm

Just to clarify... I really DO have a museum example FR-777, never been used sitting right here in front of me that I am going to sell to the higest bidder from here and/or AH. If I get a strong offer here, I won't bother opening it up to AH. The little joke ebay thing was just for fun, but I'm worried maybe someone might think i was joking about the actual mint 777 we're talking about here! Keep the bids coming, so far so good.

s
JSRockit wrote:
shagghie wrote:OK, I have a private stock, never-been used FR-777 that I've been holding out on. OK, it's been used a few times here and there to A/B with my Silver FR-777..... but this one is museum ready. You can tell in a second, as if a human hand has never touched it.

shagghie

Post by shagghie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:20 pm

Just to clarify... I really DO have a museum example FR-777, never been used sitting right here in front of me that I am going to sell to the higest bidder from here and/or AH. If I get a strong offer here, I won't bother opening it up to AH. The little joke ebay thing was just for fun, but I'm worried maybe someone might think i was joking about the actual mint 777 we're talking about here! Keep the bids coming, so far so good.

s
JSRockit wrote:

shagghie

Pics of Museum condition FR-777 (for sale, SD, CA)

Post by shagghie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:18 am

This is the one you want. A 777 in this good condition (e.g. unplayed, brand new) hasn't sold like this in a decade...

bakeded
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by bakeded » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:23 am

Last edited by bakeded on Tue May 12, 2009 6:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:02 am

Well, two questions... why are you selling it shaggie, when you want a back up (unless you want the loot from this one and you already know where to get another one that might not be so perfect) and why are those who want this so bad not biting (or are you privately)?

shagghie

Post by shagghie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 1:30 am

JSRockit wrote:Well, two questions... why are you selling it shaggie, when you want a back up (unless you want the loot from this one and you already know where to get another one that might not be so perfect) and why are those who want this so bad not biting (or are you privately)?
I'm selling it because I have to trim down my studio and I can't 'afford' to have TWO 777's from a purely pragmatic point of view. Between the two, of course I can't sell the silver one, so I took the brand new one out of the box and sighed, realizing I have no real choice. I'm willing to trade for a 999 if anyone is interested, even blondes are OK.

ThinkTanx
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Post by ThinkTanx » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:25 am

Hmmm... just seeing this. About to send a PM.