Jean Michel Jarre Gear p**n

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:13 pm

Nice to hear those guys making a few mistakes. Even with his stunning sequencer like accuracy, Mr. Rimbert doesn't quite nail the bass line :) I feel better about my technique now...

nordlead22

Post by nordlead22 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:28 pm

Great photos but I'd love to get my hands on the complete score for oxygene instead of those piss poor versions in the songbooks that miss about 8 tracks from each song.

I presume I list my synths;

NORDLEAD 2 keyboard, KORG DW6000, ROLAND JD800, ROLAND JP8000,WALDORF Q keyboard (beautiful limited edition with wood ends and stunning livery), WALDORF XTK, YAMAHA CS1X. All sequenced by a mint AKAI ASQ10.

ColorForm2113
Gear: tin cans and rubber bands
Band: Me twiddling in the corner...

Post by ColorForm2113 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:06 am

neandrewthal wrote:
Soundwave wrote: I think there's still life in the old dog yet. 8)
You mean like this?

WOW im slow!!! lol i just got the still life comment..... :oops:

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:39 am

nordlead22 wrote:Great photos but I'd love to get my hands on the complete score for oxygene instead of those piss poor versions in the songbooks that miss about 8 tracks from each song.
Which ones do you have? The piano arrangement versions are very good, and would guide you towards figuring out what the other parts are. The name of the guy who did those escapes me, but he used to play piano for Jarre and do the choir arrangements. Anyway, they're the most recently published books of Jarre's sheet music.

PS, just between you and me, I draw the line at listing my gear in my sig. I think doing that is a bit sad. And anyway, my list wouldn't fit :twisted:

Soundwave

Post by Soundwave » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:35 pm

Another good way is to try a good MIDI file and view it as a staff/score in your host sequencer.

madtheory wrote:PS, just between you and me, I draw the line at listing my gear in my sig. I think doing that is a bit sad. And anyway, my list wouldn't fit :twisted:
Hey I personally don't do it just to show off, :? it's for others to see the kind of gear I'm into or to ask about the stuff I have. I've had a few personal messages in the past regarding the stuff I've listed in my sig that isn't necessarily on a current thread.

Soundwave

Post by Soundwave » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:37 pm

Double post! :P
Last edited by Soundwave on Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by madtheory » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:15 pm

I was just kidding... did you miss the part where I said " and anyway, my gear list wouldn't fit :twisted: " :)

Soundwave

Post by Soundwave » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:55 pm

madtheory wrote:I was just kidding... did you miss the part where I said " and anyway, my gear list wouldn't fit :twisted: " :)
I suppose it only works with minimal setups, I have enough trouble sqeeezing the handful I have. :roll:

nordlead22

Post by nordlead22 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:54 pm

I have all the songbooks and the most comprehensive one would be Waiting For Cousteau - though even that is limited. The midi files available are basic and often incorrect.

The rest ( mostly put together by Sylvain Durand )just tend to give a max of about 4 parts and in the case of the sequences are terribly simplified. Most of the earlier ones where produced by the Matrisequencer playing in irregular time signatures over the songs main 4/4 structure,starting and looping at random to never sound static or repetative. But then again, I imagine that a full production score would be enormous and of use only to nerds like me.

I have painstakingly unpicked the majority and have them safely stored in my ASQ10. A printed score however would be fascinating.

Question; are there programs available that would allow me to print off my sequnce data as score?

Soundwave

Post by Soundwave » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:36 pm

nordlead22 wrote:
Question; are there programs available that would allow me to print off my sequnce data as score?
I think Sebelius does that but it ain't cheap.

If only there was a notation to that little percussive synth solo on the latter half of the original Equinoxe 7. :(

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by madtheory » Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:42 pm

nordlead22 wrote:Question; are there programs available that would allow me to print off my sequnce data as score?
Finale Notepad. It's free.

nordlead22

Post by nordlead22 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:32 pm

I'm not quite sure what part you mean when you say 'percussive solo' at the end of the Original album version of Equinoxe 7. Your don't mean the white noise sequence??

If you can be more descriptive, I may be able to help.

Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE

Post by Joey » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:04 pm

Soundwave wrote:
nordlead22 wrote:
I think Sebelius does that but it ain't cheap.

If only there was a notation to that little percussive synth solo on the latter half of the original Equinoxe 7. :(
I'm pretty sure if you record those sequences as midi data on any software sequencer (cubase, logic, etc), you can open the scores editor and then print that midi data.
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

Soundwave

Post by Soundwave » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:43 pm

nordlead22 wrote:I'm not quite sure what part you mean when you say 'percussive solo' at the end of the Original album version of Equinoxe 7. Your don't mean the white noise sequence??

If you can be more descriptive, I may be able to help.
My mistake it comes in around 1.21 and is a kinda percussive portamento sequence that also drifts in at 4.35 pans right 5.10 and has a delay on the left side. Its not a consistent sequence which is why I said it was more an arpeggio solo type melody which hangs subtly in the background.
You never hear this on any live versions and its on no MIDI file I have but if anyone has an accurate version? \:D/

spiral

Post by spiral » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:33 pm

I've asked this in other places (so don't mind if you have already heard this question elsewhere), and just to collect more opinion, I'm going to ask here.

What do you think, which synth was used for Equinoxe 4 sequence.
Most people think It's ARP2600, and so do I, but something tells me it could be Oberheim two-voice.
So what do you think and why

thanks