XS pricing and pre-order

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
SWAN

Post by SWAN » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:24 pm

sensorium wrote:I've also been bequeathed the honor of a few precious moments to spend with this unbelievably lovely piece of analogue history. The sound of this synth is like getting a back massage followed by a happy-ending consisting of 11 throbs of liquid love gushing. As I twisted the filter, turning that lovely saw wave into an equally blissful sine, I had visions of Christ passing bread out to poor children in Guadalajara. The attack is so quick and precise, that it delicately shaved every last hair from my scrotal and mailed them to Mother Teressa herself (in heaven). It's so fast that it passed the speed of light, distorting time in such a way that it made a sound before I even pressed a key.

This, my friends, is no ordinary synth. It is the single most important piece of carbon, since Han Solo was thawed from his carbonite prison.
LOLOL

crufty

Post by crufty » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:02 pm

Nice post shag.

sounds like its time to swap out the racks with berhinger gear...

"NO--NOT MY DIGITAL COMPRESSOR STACK!"

An XS, though I initially was not turned on by it, is probably in my 08 future.

Of course the demos pose the obvious question: when is FR going to produce a drum machine?

shagghie

Post by shagghie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:25 pm

crufty wrote:Nice post shag...Of course the demos pose the obvious question: when is FR going to produce a drum machine?
Answer: Not soon enough!

However, I think JM of JoMoX will keep us more than happy between now and then!

s

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:08 pm

Damn, what a thread :lol: Shagghie's poetic praise has even wet my appetite for an XS. To tell the truth, the mp3 demos have done absolutely nothing for me, but as we all know, they're just mp3s...

- CM

lovedroid
Gear: MEK, LP, uQ, P6, BS, SQ80, UF8, WS, Omen6, Sonar
Band: New Modern Angels

Post by lovedroid » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:21 pm

LOL!
This thread is pure poetry!
I hope that the synth will live up to the expectations you build up here... :)

shagghie

Post by shagghie » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:23 pm

lovedroid wrote:LOL!
This thread is pure poetry!
I hope that the synth will live up to the expectations you build up here... :)
I don't know a single person who's played it that hasn't walked away impressed and needing Gas-X pills. Apart from that, I'm only one guy that has a very peculiar/particular taste for what I like in a synth, and I'm only one set of ears, and I only produce electronica in a home studio...so, same disclaimer as before...try to hear it yourselves before you pull the trigger.

All poetry aside, the thing just kicks major a*s. Anyone here NOT seen the youtube videos already? www.youtube.com/shagghie there's an XS 'playlist' of 5 videos there.

I though the mp3 were really really good. A lot of them focused on lead sounds that are 'classic leads'.... but perhaps what isn't translating is the sense of power/electricity the XS seems to posses. It's got that tone that says 'analog!', but not 'vintage analog'. Instead it's more 'Power/voltage/attack' sounding. Dangit, boardering on poetic again. I'll stop.

See you all at NAMM...> I know where I'll be hanging out!

s

SWAN

Post by SWAN » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:49 pm

Carey M wrote:Damn, what a thread :lol: Shagghie's poetic praise has even wet my appetite for an XS. To tell the truth, the mp3 demos have done absolutely nothing for me, but as we all know, they're just mp3s...

- CM
I had a chat with the UK distributor and he told me that he had been sent a CD from Jared with higher quality examples and that really showed the quality of the machine. He wasnt the most charismatic of guys but I could tell in his voice tone that he thought the XS sounded special. Naturally I asked for a copy but he wouldnt as apparently Jared isnt keen on too many pre-production demos being available...
Shagghie's poetic praise

lol yes intoxicating - poetically interspersed with the word 'balls'.

Thank you for those GAS inducing vids Shagghie! I bet they have done a lot for the Promotion of the XS-number 5 has had over 5,500 views (although some will be repeats from GAS fiends like myself I assume). Makes me wonder why more synth developers dont do more YouTube Video promotion. And your caveats for synth desire certainly match my own. :)

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:30 pm

crufty wrote:Nice post shag.

sounds like its time to swap out the racks with berhinger gear...

"NO--NOT MY DIGITAL COMPRESSOR STACK!"
hilarious. reminds me of "NO, NOT IN MY MOUTH!"... i'm even hearing it in Bart Simpson's voice.

bakeded
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by bakeded » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:45 am

:-#
Last edited by bakeded on Tue May 12, 2009 6:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

breitt

Post by breitt » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:50 am

bakeded wrote:Anyone want to make any guesses as to when the XS will be released?
December 32nd.
Elektron Analog 4

haricots
Gear: 5U modular, Tetra MAPS, MD UW, XS, 777, Pro One, JX-3P, Wavestation, Pulse+, Drumstation, S-760

Post by haricots » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:21 am

how am i supposed to ask Santa for this if it doesn't get released soon!!! :cry:

30h5
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: SH-2, JV-880, D-110, M-1000, CS-15, FR-777, FR-XS, ESQ-1

Post by 30h5 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:38 am

I noticed on the FR website, it now says late December, early January for the first units. Bummer. :?

neandrewthal

submit already you f**k cuntbag!

Post by neandrewthal » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:39 am

haricots wrote:how am i supposed to ask Santa for this if it doesn't get released soon!!! :cry:
Ask FR for the schematic. The elves will build it for you.
What happens at fondue stays at fondue!

bakeded
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by bakeded » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:25 am

:-#
Last edited by bakeded on Tue May 12, 2009 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jazzpunk

Post by Jazzpunk » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:53 pm

30h5 wrote:I noticed on the FR website, it now says late December, early January for the first units. Bummer. :?
I'd rather FR take their time and deliver a quality piece of kit than rush it out to meet the projected deadline. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.