XS pricing and pre-order

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
30h5
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: SH-2, JV-880, D-110, M-1000, CS-15, FR-777, FR-XS, ESQ-1

Post by 30h5 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:56 pm

It has been a tough wait. Made even tougher with the mk2 Elektron products coming out and being in a similar price range. I have to assume those of us who stuck with it will be rewarded in the long run. The delays have to be for good reason and Jered is probably having a tough time with this too considering how long the XS has been in development, I sure he wants to get the damn thing out as well. I've waited this long, I have a few weeks more in me.

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:51 pm

SWAN wrote: I had a chat with the UK distributor and he told me that he had been sent a CD from Jared with higher quality examples and that really showed the quality of the machine. He wasnt the most charismatic of guys but I could tell in his voice tone that he thought the XS sounded special.

What has the amount of charisma the distibuter has got to do with how good the XS sounds :?:

SWAN

Post by SWAN » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:56 pm

Acid Mitch wrote:
SWAN wrote: I had a chat with the UK distributor and he told me that he had been sent a CD from Jared with higher quality examples and that really showed the quality of the machine. He wasnt the most charismatic of guys but I could tell in his voice tone that he thought the XS sounded special.

What has the amount of charisma the distibuter has got to do with how good the XS sounds :?:
What I was trying to say was that he spoke in a totally monotone voice-but when he started to describe the XS-his voice tone suddenly lifted like he felt it was something really special. He was excited. It was supposed to add feul to the fire of XS hype ;)

pretty ridiculous really....to be judging a synth from the tone of a distributors voice-but thats all I got! lol

idiotboy

Post by idiotboy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 1:57 am

I see by this thread I'm in good company. I have to keep myself from checking for Jered's e-mail every hour of the day. :D

Anyway, here's a YouTube video that pans around the Analogue Haven NAMM booth, and momentarily lands on our beloved XS.

I watch it every hour on the hour. Help me.
:lol:

Acid Mitch

Post by Acid Mitch » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:43 pm

SWAN wrote:
Acid Mitch wrote:
pretty ridiculous really....to be judging a synth from the tone of a distributors voice-but thats all I got! lol
It did seem ridiculous when I read it.
You sound like a salesmans dream. Is your house full of veg-o-matics and encyclopedias ?

SWAN

Post by SWAN » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:38 am

Acid Mitch wrote:
SWAN wrote:
Acid Mitch wrote:
It did seem ridiculous when I read it.
You sound like a salesmans dream. Is your house full of veg-o-matics and encyclopedias ?
ha ha-I can see why you might get that-but this is lost in translation. In the UK salespeople are not often pushy like in the US (generally speaking). They often hate their job and have no shame about showing it. No 'have a nice days' here. Also this guy was VERY boring. He got excited talking about the XS from what he had heard. Thats it. it was quite genuine-not sales pitch, and Ive had experience I working in sales in London and New York. Thats over thank god. ;) I hate sales.

Anyway-if we had some REAL god-damn news about the XS we wouldnt be resorting to this sort of garbage! I apologize to anyone checking for new interesting info!

Its almost as bad as the Prophet 08 thread......which hangs around like a lingering smell....

Jazzpunk

Post by Jazzpunk » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:24 am

idiotboy wrote:I see by this thread I'm in good company. I have to keep myself from checking for Jered's e-mail every hour of the day. :D

Anyway, here's a YouTube video that pans around the Analogue Haven NAMM booth, and momentarily lands on our beloved XS.

I watch it every hour on the hour. Help me.
Why do you keep watching that one when you could be watching any of the five video clips where the XS is actually in action?!

pix

Post by pix » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Entropy Farmer

Post by Entropy Farmer » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:28 pm

pix wrote:here's a picture of it at NAMM

http://www.fdiskc.com/syn/namm/2008/FutureRetroXS.html
I want everything in that picture, and space to fit it all in.

idiotboy

Post by idiotboy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:47 pm

Why do you keep watching that one when you could be watching any of the five video clips where the XS is actually in action?!
1. Because this video is newer, thus represents an XS that is less prototype and more release-ready product.

2. I have watched Shaggie's five videos so often I can recite them word for word (".....it's rattling my balls...)

:-)
Last edited by idiotboy on Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

idiotboy

Post by idiotboy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Let's go ahead and show the photo from NAMM:

SWAN

Post by SWAN » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:27 pm

At last there is an alternative to Shaggies 'Balls' videos!

idiotboy

Post by idiotboy » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:57 pm

my GAS is a swiftly rolling river, which knows know bounds......

:shock: :D

crufty

Post by crufty » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:10 pm

yup. i get it now. damn.

edit: the more I watch the more I think about the stereotypes of synth builders. Moog = warm, creamy, fat. FR = ACID. I know XS does more then that, but thats all my ears hear--probably because thats all they wanto hear. Don't change FR, don't change!

derma_tek
Band: Derma-Tek

Post by derma_tek » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:56 am

i'm totally sold on the XS now :)