Synths the Big 3 should release ^.^ (photoshoppers welcome!)

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:12 am

AN2x is a CS2x with wood sides and painted pink. I'll pass. Funny tho.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:35 am

megawatt wrote:
RobotHeroes wrote:
megawatt wrote:what's the obsession with battery powered synths and things needing to be small? I hate you I hate you I hate you. *scurries away*
He went on the Price is Right and won a lifetime supply of batteries. He is a set man...lucky bastard. I never have batteries when I need them and luckily I never need them.
nice remix there :? 8) Duke Nukem is NEVER coming out.
"Hail to the king, baby." He has been here the entire time. I guess you never saw this...

God Mode - Unmasked
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

megawatt

Post by megawatt » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:07 am

RobotHeroes wrote:
"Hail to the king, baby." He has been here the entire time. I guess you never saw this...

God Mode - Unmasked
I'm a Kotaku obsessive with gaming issues. :D
If that was him in Halo he still sucked.

I'm still gunning for the kaostribe

It's so easy

multitrack sequencer with transport controls.

64 parts (ok 16 to keep it cheap)
loop sampler from Kp3
tuned samples - from ESX
R3 synthesis
PCM Drums
Sample chopper for drums
Kaos FX
magic and flashy lights

basically a KP3 mixed with a EMX-1 ESX. I guess lose half the knobs, tubes and buttons but get a larger screen with transport contols and a few encoders or faders. But use a MUCH larger touchpad - think lemur.

and make it powered by rechargeable batteries.
OP-1, RYTM, A4, CS-50, PUSH

pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by pricklyrobot » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:12 am

megawatt wrote: and make it powered by rechargeable batteries.
Can't anything that runs on regular batteries be powered by rechargeable batteries by, you know, buying rechargeable batteries and putting them in it?
Arturia MiniBrute -- bits o' Euro -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:15 am

megawatt wrote:
RobotHeroes wrote:

God Mode - Unmasked
I'm a Kotaku obsessive with gaming issues. :D
If that was him in Halo he still sucked.
If you think he sucks then this will change your mind.

Ventrilo Harassment - Duke Nukem Forever

At the end it sounds like the person wants to cry. :lol:
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

megawatt

Post by megawatt » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:28 am

RobotHeroes wrote:
If you think he sucks then this will change your mind.

Ventrilo Harassment - Duke Nukem Forever

At the end it sounds like the person wants to cry. :lol:
Oh snap - I'm dyin! I love the mod

oh it's like negativeland mixed with crankyankers and well LOTR

megawatt

Post by megawatt » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:31 am

pricklyrobot wrote:
Can't anything that runs on regular batteries be powered by rechargeable batteries by, you know, buying rechargeable batteries and putting them in it?
Yes!

divineaudio
Gear: far too much.
Band: metria

Post by divineaudio » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:46 am

zmd wrote:the colors rock, i'm so tired of us being the only ones without color options...i mean really, how many boards come in multiple colors? the voyager is the only one i know of
and the sh101.

you could always call up the forat brothers. :o

clusterchord
Band: Nimbus Dei

Post by clusterchord » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:04 am

already posted tihs on p08 thread, and it aint from big three, but this is what i'd want:

jupiter · oberheim · prophet · sh · moog · andromeda · ppg wave · vs · waldorf · yamaha · eii · casio
rhodes · solina · acetone · eurorack · system100 · förster · lexicon · eventide · space echo · svc350 etc

Windreaper

Post by Windreaper » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:30 am

If Roland were to make the V-Synth work like it's supposed to, I'd be a happy man.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:06 am

megawatt wrote:
I've got to ask Rocket with respect - and don't take this the wrong way please... what's the obsession with battery powered synths and things needing to be small? I've seen your studio picks and it just looks like you need to invest in a proper 2 tiered stand.
Well, for one...I'm lazy... I don't like unplugging and plugging in things all the time and live in an old apartment that has a lack of power outlets. Even with power strips...I run out of outlets quickly. With battery powered stuff...I can move things in and out with out even getting out of my seat when I record. Two teir stand? for what? My moog and my CS01? Two teirs are useless to me since I am not going to stand and play. I'm very picky and am very content with my set-up right now.

Small and battery powered is always cool IMHO... how can you diss that? I've always loved portable stuff since I was a kid... walkmans, gameboys, cameras, boomboxes, etc. I grew up with alot of battery powered toys.

By the way, I only own one battery powered synth...the CS01. I like them, but ultimately...they have to be useful.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:08 pm

clusterchord wrote:Image
even this is the type of synth that I would opt for the keyboard version if I ever get it. But that module and photoshop works looks cool!
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

xibalba

Post by xibalba » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:38 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
clusterchord wrote:Image
even this is the type of synth that I would opt for the keyboard version if I ever get it. But that module and photoshop works looks cool!
wow that looks really cool i would just want all of my keyboards to have a rack/tabletop version put out but still with all the knobs attached. I love having minimal small setups. i just dont understand why more companies dont do this to all of their products, i mean with the way midi is now you should just have one controller linked to several desktops or rack mounts

megawatt

Post by megawatt » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:41 pm

JSRockit wrote:
megawatt wrote:
I've got to ask Rocket with respect - and don't take this the wrong way please... what's the obsession with battery powered synths and things needing to be small? I've seen your studio picks and it just looks like you need to invest in a proper 2 tiered stand.
Well, for one...I'm lazy... I don't like unplugging and plugging in things all the time and live in an old apartment that has a lack of power outlets. Even with power strips...I run out of outlets quickly. With battery powered stuff...I can move things in and out with out even getting out of my seat when I record. Two teir stand? for what? My moog and my CS01? Two teirs are useless to me since I am not going to stand and play. I'm very picky and am very content with my set-up right now.

Small and battery powered is always cool IMHO... how can you diss that? I've always loved portable stuff since I was a kid... walkmans, gameboys, cameras, boomboxes, etc. I grew up with alot of battery powered toys.

By the way, I only own one battery powered synth...the CS01. I like them, but ultimately...they have to be useful.
I wasn't dissin just curious - your reasons are totally justified and cool - you've got your own style that works for you.

I guess I tend to leave all my gear connected and synched to each other rather than just working with 2 or 3 things but that's cool too.

The Kaossilator has totally won me over to battery powered gear btw - that thing looks sweet!
Regarding 2 tier stands - I do tend to stand while I write but have it so that I can easily use the gear on top from sitting down to - it's allowed me more surface space for more gear!

smallsynth
Gear: jp03, dx21, bass station, k-station, gnat, buzz, cs01-mkii, eml-101, eh-401
Band: resterisk

Post by smallsynth » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:59 pm

JSRockit wrote:I don't like unplugging and plugging in things all the time ....
i hate it when, during the creative process, you have to search for the right adapter, and then make room to plug it in. also, for playing live, it's so much easier to set up when you don't have to plug everything in and deal with that many more cords on a small stage.
JSRockit wrote:By the way, I only own one battery powered synth...the CS01. I like them, but ultimately...they have to be useful.
true.
pricklyrobot wrote:
i'm not sure what exactly megawatt was referring to, but some synths actually charge batteries when you plug the synth. doesn't the xiosynth do this? and via usb? or am i just imagining the perfect battery powered synth now. no, in my dream, it sounded better and had an internal speaker.
RobotHeroes wrote:He went on the Price is Right and won a lifetime supply of batteries. He is a set man...lucky bastard. I never have batteries when I need them and luckily I never need them.
ha!

some years ago my girlfriend was in an accident while riding a bicycle. she broke her collarbone among other things. the doctor prescribed this strange electro charge thing that was supposed to stimulate bone growth. the prescription came with -- i kid you not -- two boxes of 9volt batteries. two boxes. by box, i mean, like over 50 or something.

anyways, she only used a few batteries before she had finished with the machine. so she gave the boxes to me. i'm not recommending this as a strategy for meeting your electrical needs... but it will be years before i have to plug in a pedal effect, or my EH400.

-geoffrey smallsynth