My SH-101 Video

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Did you like this video?

yes
42%
kinda
17%
no
42%

Total votes: 12

PLP
Gear: OB-8, DSI Tempest, Virus TI2, Korg VolcaBass, Nord Lead 2X

My SH-101 Video

Post by PLP » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:39 am

Made a quick demo of the SH-101 basics. Not Arpeggiator / Sequencer demo in this one... maybe next time :)

Gotta love the SH-101
Not your typical Dj http://www.djpuzzle.com

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:52 am

um. ah.

Gearwire dot com? Oh man the best videos that they have are when they film company demos. Your video was a little better than the one they did of the SH-201, that one was bad just like the Moog LP one.

All in all you were missing the walk through from the walk through really. When you got into playing and tweaking knobs you could've verbally said what you were doing while you were using. Know what I mean? It was pretty much "Hey guys...and there you have it." :?: For someone that wants to learn about the SH-101 its a "What did I just watch?"

Off the top of my head I would recommend Marc's videos as a template, yes AG you are the man.

AG's Youtube

In speech class I realized when I was really into something, knew what I was talking about and was comfortable the um's and ah's go away. You seemed either uncomfortable, not familiar enough or both. Get real familiar with your subject and outline some bullets and yer good to go. Sure helps me out.

Now that I've watched this video I remembered about my brothers SH-101. It's a little beat up and needs some love. Now I want to buy it off him and rebuild it's body with wood and metal.

:D

Good luck with the vids man. That tenori-on looks interesting but something about the monome...
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

PLP

Post by PLP » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:59 am

RobotHeroes wrote:um. ah.

Gearwire dot com? Oh man the best videos that they have are when they film company demos. Your video was a little better than the one they did of the SH-201, that one was bad just like the Moog LP one.

All in all you were missing the walk through from the walk through really. When you got into playing and tweaking knobs you could've verbally said what you were doing while you were using. Know what I mean? It was pretty much "Hey guys...and there you have it." :?: For someone that wants to learn about the SH-101 its a "What did I just watch?"

Off the top of my head I would recommend Marc's videos as a template, yes AG you are the man.

AG's Youtube

In speech class I realized when I was really into something, knew what I was talking about and was comfortable the um's and ah's go away. You seemed either uncomfortable, not familiar enough or both. Get real familiar with your subject and outline some bullets and yer good to go. Sure helps me out.

Now that I've watched this video I remembered about my brothers SH-101. It's a little beat up and needs some love. Now I want to buy it off him and rebuild it's body with wood and metal.

:D

Good luck with the vids man. That tenori-on looks interesting but something about the monome...
But... that wasn't a SH-101 video... :( AND! he was talking and moving waaaaaay too fast if you're trying to appeal to the laymen.

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:26 am

It's cause marc is enthusiastic. Marc is heavy metal about synths. :headbang:
When you're all about something it comes out in the way you talk about it. Marc I think he is asking for subtitles hehe. You could do that but slower?

Even the "laymen" wants to learn a little something. It's your chance to show what you know. Don't be like those gearwire guys...seriously. I gave them a chance and watched several of their videos. :roll: Never again unless I am in the mood for some possible comedy. :D

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

PLP

Post by PLP » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:32 am

RobotHeroes wrote:It's cause marc is enthusiastic. Marc is heavy metal about synths. :headbang:
When you're all about something it comes out in the way you talk about it. Marc I think he is asking for subtitles hehe. You could do that but slower?

Even the "laymen" wants to learn a little something. It's your chance to show what you know. Don't be like those gearwire guys...seriously. I gave them a chance and watched several of their videos. :roll: Never again unless I am in the mood for some possible comedy. :D
Thanks for the feedback. I totally appreciate it. The whole video thing is really new to me. For years I've been confined to my studio producing and editing audio stuff for Sony so this video bit is like a new exploration in to a virtual social environment. PS I don't like Heavy Metal anymore I did when I was 13 and I'm 34 now so that heavy metal image does nothing for me.

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:43 am

No problem. It's a lot better than saying "Good" or "That was nice." For the next episode add explosions and special effects. If I were making demos my videos would be ridiculous and full of nonesense...kind of like my posts on here. Awesome...I need a camera.

PLP

Post by PLP » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:50 am

RobotHeroes wrote:No problem. It's a lot better than saying "Good" or "That was nice." For the next episode add explosions and special effects. If I were making demos my videos would be ridiculous and full of nonesense...kind of like my posts on here. Awesome...I need a camera.

I like my HDV Cam. You should see what I'm REALLY working on. It's not music related and it's really ridiculous. Stick around and hopefully I'll be able to post it here before I get banned. :)

In the meantime watch this

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=18032913

Gear: TB-303, MC-505, MC-09, V-Synth GT, FR-777, FR-XS, MFB: Synth II, EMU Proteus 2500/CS, FS1R, Supernova II, Fusion 6HD, ER-1 MKII
Band: 23, A23P, Piss Ant

Post by 23 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:19 am

Mr. Gainsay.....
enthusiastic....yes.

Know a lot...yes.

However, I'd say that his only problem is that he comes up short on his understanding of various technicalitites at times.

But yeah, he rocks.

matrix

Post by matrix » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:54 pm

William Enroh's are the absolute best:
http://youtube.com/user/williamenroh

Marc's are great as well, of course.

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:55 pm

Don't worry man, I stutter a lot in my videos too. It's really hard when you are doing a take with no reference.

Vxster

Post by Vxster » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:08 pm

Just a quick reminder that we have a sticky for synth videos.

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:14 am

nice .. you like Boddingtons too!

crow

Post by crow » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:58 am

JUGEL wrote:nice .. you like Boddingtons too!

BODDIES :: The Macc Lads

Well you ain't been goin' down the pub,
You ain't been playing darts,
You ain't been doin' what you should,
You've been hangin' out with yer tart.
You've got fer get some Boddies down thee,
You know where it's at,
You've got to get some ale inside thee,
'Cos you're a f**k' twat.
The Bear's Head's not the same without you,
You've stopped buying flares,
Seen you drinkin' halves of larger,
You've even been washing your hair.
You've got fer get some Boddies down yer,
We've had quite enough,
You've got fer get some ale inside thee,
'Cos you're a f**k' puff.
You've got fer get some Boddies down thee,
You've been where you shouldn't,
You've get fer get some ale inside thee,
'Cos your a f**k' c**t.

Ahhhhh....get it doon ye. :pottytrain3:
...and ah just thought, cuntin well hit it!
GOAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

PLP

Post by PLP » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:08 pm

Vxster wrote:Just a quick reminder that we have a sticky for synth videos.
my bad, sorry. newbie <-- ------

@Crow - LOL!

Vxster

Post by Vxster » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:51 pm

PLP wrote:
Vxster wrote:Just a quick reminder that we have a sticky for synth videos.
my bad, sorry. newbie <-- ------

@Crow - LOL!
Indeed. No problem, just check the stickies in each forum.

:)