Underwater sequencer

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
filtermod

Re: Underwater sequencer

Post by filtermod » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:20 pm

synthetic88 wrote:I was just checking out an underwater dive report when I saw this, no joke!

Apparently there's a Roland MSQ-700 60 feet underwater off Redondo Beach, CA. One hopes it was broken before it got there...

Original post:

http://diver.net/bbs/posts002/73026.shtml
that would be such a great album cover!
is that pic copywritten or public domain?
you can't fix stupid

synthetic88

Post by synthetic88 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:48 am

It's copyright of the photographer. You can contact him at the link in the first post to ask about licensing it. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free. :)
Andromeda • Voyager • Super Jupiter + Programmer • TX-802 • Two GigaStudio PCs
http://www.jefflaity.com/studio

filtermod

Post by filtermod » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:44 am

synthetic88 wrote:It's copyright of the photographer. You can contact him at the link in the first post to ask about licensing it. Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's free. :)
right on, that's why I asked :)
you can't fix stupid

m03

Post by m03 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:49 am

kyodai wrote:looks to be in pretty good condition. I wonder how long it's been down there.
It doesn't look like it's been there long at all. I'm guessing that the photo is "staged".

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:58 am

m03 wrote:I'm guessing that the photo is "staged".
It's gear snuff! Sick perverted bastards!
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

synthetic88

Post by synthetic88 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:21 am

It's really not. Look at the original post, on a diver web board. The guy doesn't even mention the Roland, he talks about fish the whole time. But it's probably only been there for a week or so.
Andromeda • Voyager • Super Jupiter + Programmer • TX-802 • Two GigaStudio PCs
http://www.jefflaity.com/studio

sonny1
Gear: Lots of Gear. I don't know. Gear is only about 1/4 of the equasion anyway. 1/4 is who you play with and 1/2 is what you dowith the gear you have.
Band: Press Two for Panic!!!

Post by sonny1 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:48 am

synthetic88 wrote:The guy doesn't even mention the Roland, he talks about fish the whole time. But it's probably only been there for a week or so.
This is still bizzare. Who would take it on a boat....much less toss it into the ocean. What in hoppes of a diver going down there and taking a photograph of it? Hmmm, sounds like something I would do.

I think I'm more concerned about the mental stability of the one who put it there, rather than the shock that it IS there.

My father and I were fishing in a smallish lake in northern Mississippi. His line got snagged on something on the bottom of the pond. We were able to take the oar of the rowboat and dig his lure out of the mud. we also pried a Gretch Country Gentleman out of the mud as well. Pretty much intact. We saw the neck breech the surface of the water...(not a very deep lake) and my dad grabbed it, pulled it the rest of the way out and TA-DA a vintage 60's guitar! (that was totally trash, but confoundedly cool at the same time.)

Sonny.
Korg Triton (2001), Ensoniq esq-1, Casiotone 401, Suzuki Omnichord version 200 (electric autoharp). E-MU Ultra Proteus, Ensoniq QS-R. Yamaha RX-8. Yamaha QX-21,Yamaha AN1x