machinedrum & monomachine MKII

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:44 pm

RobotHeroes wrote: Thank you Mr. Sensible Von Obvious. The birds are chirping, the sky is blue and it's great to be alive too. I am not pissed off like some of the owners but like the wave of guys on Elektron-Users I am disappointed, mainly because well I just got them.
Eh, fair enough, I only got my UW a couple of months ago, and I'd sure like 4 bar patterns on it, but I'll live. This sort of thing is bound to happen, particularly with processor driven gear, I guess there is something to be said for analogue in this regard.

Also, enough with the jpegs, ok?
virb.com/ookpikk

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:53 pm

Since it's you and I liked that set you did I will edit out Mayor McCheese and Betty White. If it was someone else asking I would probably post more.

*thug hug* :)

Anyone see any being unloaded yet? I've only seen 2 with no price change.
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:01 am

Thanks! I didn't realize anyone was actually listening, that's usually how it works on student radio!

There's a guy unloading his MDUW right here, post is from this morning...
Maybe I could buy a bunch of Mk1 MnMs and make a sort of house with them.
virb.com/ookpikk

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:06 am

Really? The college stations here in so cal play some good stuff. I like them because they aren't like mainstream radio and play a lot of variety, local artist and well good music.

I just saw that one and thought about throwing in the rubber chicken but I don't want to displease the mods. :lol: Like House music or a Monomachine fort? If it tumbled apart it would probably hurt. Couch cushions and boxes will suffice.

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:10 am

I'm thinking a super-stylish loft, with the Mk1s all positioned so that the buttons were on the inside, with speakers in and out.

With the radio station thing, people never call in, so even though I'm sure we have some listeners, it's impossible to tell how many...even after years of doing it, people still say they feel like they don't have an audience :)
virb.com/ookpikk

synapsecollapse
Gear: MS20 Mini, Eurorack stuffs, Elektron Machinedrum, Venom, iPad mini, DX7

Post by synapsecollapse » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:31 am

GeneralBigbag wrote: There's a guy unloading his MDUW right here, post is from this morning...
Maybe I could buy a bunch of Mk1 MnMs and make a sort of house with them.
easy tiger. :compress:

a MnM fort sounds awfully cool, but save a used one for me, ive been on the lookout before the mkii was announced.

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:29 am

synapsecollapse wrote:ive been on the lookout before the mkii was announced.
How much you got on my 1 month old MnM with the plastic still on the screen. A goat and 3 sheep? :lol:

synapsecollapse

Post by synapsecollapse » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:37 am

RobotHeroes wrote:
synapsecollapse wrote:ive been on the lookout before the mkii was announced.
How much you got on my 1 month old MnM with the plastic still on the screen. A goat and 3 sheep? :lol:
for you, 4 sheep. if you take that iisb link out of your signature, ill even consider 5 sheep.

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:42 am

Wow 5 sheep? You do know that a sheep is $333 dollars and a Goat is $100 right? I don't want to rob anybody.

Another victim to the link. :lol:

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:27 am

Hmmm, the elektron site seeems to be down at the moment, anybody saved pictures of what the new ones look like?

We have been saving up to get a MnM for a while and have almost got all the cash together for one, now this happens. Would people call me crazy if I decided to try and find a mkI MnM going cheap? The 64 step sequences sound good, but if I can save a few hundred bucks I'm not sure I need it. Ditto the user waves, already got a V-Synth and an Evolver (two Evolvers soon :)).

So yeah, anyone who wants to ditch their almost new mkI MnM stupidly cheap give me a PM. :D

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:35 am

The MD is the one that got the 64 step upgrade the MnM already has it. They look just about the same just like 12mm thinner, I think I don't remember. I just got them both so this bummed me out but not enough to drop the price that much lower than the normal used price, especially not on the MnM. :P

I think the MnM costs $100 dollars more too. It's more like an internal/manufacturing upgrade/change because some original parts are no longer made. I wish I had 64 steps on the MD-UW but the more I think about it the more whatever this news becomes. OS upgrades are more of a jump for joy, yeah Elektron fix the bugs that are already here instead of making new bugs to ignore us.

Hows that V-Synth? If I decide to get any user wave business I think I will give my money to Roland or Clavia instead.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:51 am

Rad, maybe we'll be able to find one on closeout or something.

No need to be bummed about the resale price unless you want to sell them, and they both still do what you want them to so it doesn't matter.

The V-Synth is awesome, it's great fun to play cause of all the real-time controllers and the keybed is really nice. The VA section doesn't sound all that analogue but I like it anyway. Being able to run a sample and an analogue modelled wave through an amp sim and then a filter is pretty cool. :shock:

Don't give your money to Roland, mkI V-Synth keyboards are a bargain on ebay at the moment, I've seen them go for US$900. Everybody should have one at that price, I just wish I could find the expansion cards for sale at a decent price.

synapsecollapse

Post by synapsecollapse » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:05 am

RobotHeroes wrote:Wow 5 sheep? You do know that a sheep is $333 dollars and a Goat is $100 right? I don't want to rob anybody.

Another victim to the link. :lol:
drat. i always get the going rates confused between goats and sheep confused.

and the link ... i hit it a few weeks back before people started warning about it. it was a difficult time in my life, and i am glad it is over now.

back on topic, i dont know that i am very excited about user waves either as a V-Synth owner, anyone looking to get rid of their OG MnM here?

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by RobotHeroes » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:07 am

Oh yeah that's what I mean. :lol: $900 sounds a lot nicer than the over 2K for the Nord Wave. $5-600 sounds even nicer for a Nord Modular, but not wave fun there. :?

As for closeout I don't think anyone has any left. Let's see who was keeping keyboard versions in hiding. Scoundrels! :P

Wiglaf
Gear: I don't even remember half of it
Band: width full

Post by Wiglaf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:34 am

This doesn't change my desire for a MD at some point...but the weak dollar means that point is getting further away. Still, the 64-step bit sounds nice...would work well in conjunction with the new OS for the Sequentix P3.
"I thought all you did was push a button and sounds came out!" - Mom on synths
"Not quite, Mom." - Me on synths