This takes the cake!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
nsbhp2
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Roland JV-1080, Korg Legacy Collection, the impOSCar, Korg DS-10, MicroKorg, Roland JP-8000, Casio CZ-1000, Korg Monotron, Korg Kaossilator

This takes the cake!

Post by nsbhp2 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:02 am

OK, I know people can be stupid on eBay, but this takes the cake:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-MS20iC-Synthes ... dZViewItem

I should put mine up right now with a 'Buy It Now' of $899!

Peace!
Scott
Last edited by nsbhp2 on Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

gfriden

Post by gfriden » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:17 am

Well, thats kinda what they go for over in Europe these days, what with the $ being at an all-time low and all. But I notice the buyer is from the US, so that's a bit strange. I guess s/he had the geld and a lack of patience to wait for one that went at a sensible price.
Art is not a copy of the real world. One of the damn things is enough.

nsbhp2
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Roland JV-1080, Korg Legacy Collection, the impOSCar, Korg DS-10, MicroKorg, Roland JP-8000, Casio CZ-1000, Korg Monotron, Korg Kaossilator

Post by nsbhp2 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:28 am

gfriden wrote:Well, thats kinda what they go for over in Europe these days, what with the $ being at an all-time low and all. But I notice the buyer is from the US, so that's a bit strange. I guess s/he had the geld and a lack of patience to wait for one that went at a sensible price.
You do realize that is NOT a real MS-20, but the USB controller that comes with the Korg Legacy Collection. The controller and the software can be had for maybe $200 US at the most.

Peace!
Scott

hfinn
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://soundcloud.com/heath-finnie

Post by hfinn » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:44 am

I love how it's also missing a knob.

gfriden

Post by gfriden » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:47 am

nsbhp2 wrote:
gfriden wrote:Well, thats kinda what they go for over in Europe these days, what with the $ being at an all-time low and all. But I notice the buyer is from the US, so that's a bit strange. I guess s/he had the geld and a lack of patience to wait for one that went at a sensible price.
You do realize that is NOT a real MS-20, but the USB controller that comes with the Korg Legacy Collection. The controller and the software can be had for maybe $200 US at the most.

Peace!
Scott
Ahahhhahhh! No, I just had a quick look at the ad and thought it was the MS-20. Yeah, that's weird! Wonder if the poor sucker made the same mistake I did? :lol:

micahjonhughes

Post by micahjonhughes » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:50 am

You need at least 2 suckers to get the price bid up that high.

nsbhp2
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by nsbhp2 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:51 am

hfinn wrote:I love how it's also missing a knob.
LOL, I missed that part. CLASSIC! :roll:

gfriden

Post by gfriden » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:57 am

micahjonhughes wrote:You need at least 2 suckers to get the price bid up that high.
Well, here's one, so I guess there are plenty of us! :lol: Mind you, I would have taken a closer look if I had really been bidding...

ThinkTanx
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Post by ThinkTanx » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:15 am

This happens a lot with these things. One problem, imo, is that most people don't realize the Legacy Controller is called the MS-20ic. So, sellers call it the MS-20ic Synthesizer (with no mention of Legacy Controller anywhere). That's bullshit, because we all know it ain't a synthesizer. It's also tough to understand the scale of the thing in a picture. I understand what Korg was doing in trying to make it look so realistic, but I don't think they thought about this possible negative impact.

I have seen this done before, reported it to eBay and they shut it down. It looks like this one got through. I feel bad for the bidder.

Zamise
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Rollhand P00
Band: Quantum-Source

Post by Zamise » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:17 am

And or a shill, seems lots of shills these days.
<ZQS> [....<OII>.....soundcloud player v2.42.....................link]

nsbhp2
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by nsbhp2 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:20 am

ThinkTanx wrote:I have seen this done before, reported it to eBay and they shut it down. It looks like this one got through. I feel bad for the bidder.
This is like the third or fourth auction I've seen listed like this. Two got shut down by eBay (I know I reported one), and the other two (this one included) made it to the end. I just can't believe that people don't take the time to ask questions about the item. Yes, the seller is an evil bastard, but the buyer is a moron for not finding out what it is they are bidding on.

Scott

Box
Gear: Roland JP-8000
Roland JX-3P
Roland JX-8P
1972 Wurlitzer Console Piano
Band: Neo Decorum
Location: Land of oscillators, filters, and other really cool looking stuff.

Post by Box » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:16 am

I feel horribly sorry for that guy... Buying something that's practically useless to him for that much.... Wish there was a way to let the guy know he got screwed over...
Help our very own Maschinengeist (Stéphane) by making your next purchase or repair with him! Click the logo for more info!

ThinkTanx
Gear: Elektron MnM SFX-6, MD UW MkII * Virus TI * Moog Voyager S.E. * Lemur * Ableton, FM8, Massive, FAW Circle * Distressors, Great River * Genelec 8050A

Post by ThinkTanx » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:34 am

nsbhp2 wrote:Yes, the seller is an evil bastard, but the buyer is a moron for not finding out what it is they are bidding on.

Scott
Oh, I agree, but not everyone is as synth or eBay savvy as those who post around here, ya know?

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:34 am

Jesus, that's the worst f**k scam I've seen. Sending a useless MIDI controller to someone that bid $1200..Might as well have filled the box with bricks.

insky

Post by insky » Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:47 am

It would be a lot worse if it didn't say it came with the USB CABLE. Really it's the persons fault for thinking that an MS-20 came with a USB CABLE. Some mistakes are very expensive. That being said the seller is a douchebag.
Stuff I own:
X Station
ESQ-1
JX-8P
Poly 800
MaxiKorg 800DV
Elka Rhapsody 610