So I found a couple synths

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
goober

So I found a couple synths

Post by goober » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:13 pm

One is actually a keyboard found at a thrift store and its brand name is Miracle. I've tried looking to up but turned up no information. It has only 8 preset sounds, and you can split 2, but the piano actually doesn't sound too bad. Another one I saw at my church in the basement, it's a general electrics organ, it has a little stand, but when I press the keys, the sound doesn't stop and it just keeps going, I was surprised at how loud that thing can get. Anyways are these synths a rarity, or of good quality? Also any extra info would be great.

WDW

Post by WDW » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Would this happen to be the Miracle? http://thewarpzone.classicgaming.gamespy.com/piano.html
http://reviews.harmony-central.com/revi ... Piano/10/1

That was the first and sixth hit from a Google search..

If it is not it, then please provide photos or more information to help us help you.

Thanks.

WD

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:07 pm

Nintendo?
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

goober

Post by goober » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:29 pm

oh my this is it! I read about that but didn't think it was related to nintendo wow, I'm going to have to pick it up.

Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Post by Johnny Lenin » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:44 pm

I'm coming late to the party here, so I don't know if this is totally out of line, but I've seen a couple of Casio CZ-3000s go for $100 or less on eBay lately. I had one years ago and really liked it, and it's an often overlooked instrument that suffers from the Casio brand-name. But it has some great sounds and, though it's a pain to program, it is doable. I'm trying to decide if I want to step in the wayback machine and get another one.

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:48 pm

There's many more presets in that thing ... there's supposed to be an overlay that explains it (still vague). Some nice percussion sounds in there too..

CloudOnAFly

Re: So I found a couple synths

Post by CloudOnAFly » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:46 pm

goober wrote:One is actually a keyboard found at a thrift store and its brand name is Miracle. I've tried looking to up but turned up no information. It has only 8 preset sounds, and you can split 2, but the piano actually doesn't sound too bad. Another one I saw at my church in the basement, it's a general electrics organ, it has a little stand, but when I press the keys, the sound doesn't stop and it just keeps going, I was surprised at how loud that thing can get. Anyways are these synths a rarity, or of good quality? Also any extra info would be great.
I have a miracle in my room. I regularly use it. Give me a second, i'll tell you how to navigate the patches...

it's not on right now (like turned on). but hold down the synthesizer button, and press volume up or down to switch banks... If that doesn't make sense..try it..and it should.

My parents bought it for me when i was wee earth-clan worm.. they wanted me to learn piano. It had a printer port i think ..to connect it to the pc. it had a fancy little application that let you play duck hunt, and music, staff and all.

i heard more recently that nintendo had a cable and a nes cartridge to connect it to the nes. but i havne't been able to find those parts.

overall i like the thing. I've made some really nice fanfare...random c**p for like medieval settings..

i have the overlay..not sure where it is right now....you could probably find a pic of it. i just memorized how it worked...

it has one bank for each potential volume led..

i hope that helped :D
...simply put..

Metasonix is the choice for all self respecting meta-humans...
(meta-humans currently known are trolls, orcs, dwarves, dragons.....)

goober

Post by goober » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:03 am

CloudOnAFly wrote:
goober wrote:One is actually a keyboard found at a thrift store and its brand name is Miracle. I've tried looking to up but turned up no information. It has only 8 preset sounds, and you can split 2, but the piano actually doesn't sound too bad. Another one I saw at my church in the basement, it's a general electrics organ, it has a little stand, but when I press the keys, the sound doesn't stop and it just keeps going, I was surprised at how loud that thing can get. Anyways are these synths a rarity, or of good quality? Also any extra info would be great.
I have a miracle in my room. I regularly use it. Give me a second, i'll tell you how to navigate the patches...

it's not on right now (like turned on). but hold down the synthesizer button, and press volume up or down to switch banks... If that doesn't make sense..try it..and it should.

My parents bought it for me when i was wee earth-clan worm.. they wanted me to learn piano. It had a printer port i think ..to connect it to the pc. it had a fancy little application that let you play duck hunt, and music, staff and all.

i heard more recently that nintendo had a cable and a nes cartridge to connect it to the nes. but i havne't been able to find those parts.

overall i like the thing. I've made some really nice fanfare...random c**p for like medieval settings..

i have the overlay..not sure where it is right now....you could probably find a pic of it. i just memorized how it worked...

Is it just me or do you find the piano sound impressive? I thought it sounded pretty nice, its not breath taking but it ain't bad coming from 1991, and on a little keyboard like that. Yeah I saw that it had a cable of some sort and the miracle in the shop looks a little different its button's are green.

CloudOnAFly

Post by CloudOnAFly » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:20 am

odd. mines just all black. it's an original. i have all my software still and the original box (i think it's holding some other instrument right now).

I love the harspichord and the piano on it. the barking dogs, and the birds and machine guns are great...

but the former really are where it shines...

i haven't used it for recording yet.. but i have blown guitar amps with it ><
...simply put..

Metasonix is the choice for all self respecting meta-humans...
(meta-humans currently known are trolls, orcs, dwarves, dragons.....)

Tyler2000
Gear: HS-60, MG-1, CS-5, ESQ-1, CZ-101, DR-110, MR-10, MDP-40, EA-1, ER-1, ES-1, Trixer, SDS-9, Califorian 365, toys, guitars, ukes, etc.

Post by Tyler2000 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:45 pm

If you decide you don't want it, I would be glad to buy it off of you. I've always kinda wanted one of these.
so what do I put down here now?

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:04 pm

I bought a Miracle a number of years ago to use as a controller. When I got it, I had no idea it was so sought after. This one did have the cable, too. I eventually sold it to a collector of Nintendo stuff. It worked great as a controller, though! Good size to set stuff on top.

Not sure what the other thing is - can you post a photo?

Woof! - Scott
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Post by Synthaholic » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:22 pm

I used to have one of those. It had some cool sounds, and it was my first velocity sensitive keyboard.

On one of the presets you could hit one range of keys to get a "THWACK!" sound, and another range of keys said "Ouch!" So I would have fun going "THWACK! Ouch! THWACK! Ouch!" ;)

Or "Quack, quack, quack, BLAM! BLAM! BLAM!.... Ouch!"
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda

goober

Post by goober » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:45 am

CloudOnAFly wrote:

So I went back to the thrift shop, and I tried holding down the volume button while pressing a note, ohhhh I bet I'm supposed to press the bank button huh? haha.. anyways I asked how much he wanted for it and he said 20 bucks, the right speaker has a little bent up, but otherwise its in good enough condition.