Keytars: Why the insane prices?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
sonny1
Gear: Lots of Gear. I don't know. Gear is only about 1/4 of the equasion anyway. 1/4 is who you play with and 1/2 is what you dowith the gear you have.
Band: Press Two for Panic!!!

Post by sonny1 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:16 pm

We only sell the CDs at shows. But yeah, pretty much I think we'll be giving it away on myspace and our website (if we ever get it back up and running) I play music fro music. I don't care about $$ I do other s**t for that. I Write and compose and give it away pretty much. Why should I sell it, my name isn't Herbie Hancock...People don't know me. As a musician you should want people that like your music to have your music. and that's what this first album is doing. getting it out there. We've gotten more people at our shows for it. I'd rather have a 200-300 person audience then sell a couple of CDs.

I'm really thinking of building a keytar now. Like getting a Paia fatman and converting it to battery voltage....they getting a M-audio two octave controller...hooking the midi up inside the case. I think it could work.if not the batteries just put an extentionchord on the Fatman for a pigtail.

I'll see what I can do. :lol:
Korg Triton (2001), Ensoniq esq-1, Casiotone 401, Suzuki Omnichord version 200 (electric autoharp). E-MU Ultra Proteus, Ensoniq QS-R. Yamaha RX-8. Yamaha QX-21,Yamaha AN1x

Box
Gear: Roland JP-8000
Roland JX-3P
Roland JX-8P
1972 Wurlitzer Console Piano
Band: Neo Decorum
Location: Land of oscillators, filters, and other really cool looking stuff.

Post by Box » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:36 pm

sonny1 wrote:I'm really thinking of building a keytar now. Like getting a Paia fatman and converting it to battery voltage....they getting a M-audio two octave controller...hooking the midi up inside the case. I think it could work.if not the batteries just put an extentionchord on the Fatman for a pigtail.
I was actaully going to build a fatman and use a controller for board and build a case for it. Cheap Moog. :P
Help our very own Maschinengeist (Stéphane) by making your next purchase or repair with him! Click the logo for more info!

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:20 am

Box wrote:I was actaully going to build a fatman and use a controller for board and build a case for it. Cheap Moog. :P
Good idea - but how will you power them both?

sonny1
Gear: Lots of Gear. I don't know. Gear is only about 1/4 of the equasion anyway. 1/4 is who you play with and 1/2 is what you dowith the gear you have.
Band: Press Two for Panic!!!

Post by sonny1 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:52 am

OriginalJambo wrote:
Box wrote:I was actaully going to build a fatman and use a controller for board and build a case for it. Cheap Moog. :P
Good idea - but how will you power them both?
I would just mount a two way socket from an extention chord directly in the case. plug both the fatman and the controler into this.
Korg Triton (2001), Ensoniq esq-1, Casiotone 401, Suzuki Omnichord version 200 (electric autoharp). E-MU Ultra Proteus, Ensoniq QS-R. Yamaha RX-8. Yamaha QX-21,Yamaha AN1x

minime123
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by minime123 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:21 am

just realized today that our yamaha kx5 "didnt work" cause there was no midi cable plugged in. clever feature, like a guitar effects pedal auto power off when no audios plugged in.
weve still got some work to do on it, but we will hopefully have another keytar on the market at the end of next week :) maybe...[/quote]
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER
- We Buy Sell Trade Repair Vintage Synths
- We Buy Broken Gear & Parts Too...
- Huge Selection, Dependable Service
- https://tonetweakers.com