The Blofeld Site Is Up

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
sequence

Post by sequence » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Andy_X69 wrote:
bigbadbarns wrote: Oh wait... is the USB just for transmitting and receiving midi? not audio? or patch editing?
I know. It pisses me off that Waldorf currently do not allow you to send audio over USB (and its a USB2.0 connection, so its not as if it cannot send audio!). If you only have 2 outputs, and 16 timbres, you have a serious bottleneck.

If they allow audio out via USB2.0, and ideally audio input as well, I would buy a Blofeld in a flash (NOTE THIS WALDORF!!! ADD AUDIO I/O VIA USB2 IN THE NEXT UPDATE AND YOU WILL INCREASE YOUR SALES AND MAKE MORE MONEY!!!!!)
Jesus, b***h b***h b***h! :roll:
twentyfirst century fizMO man

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:57 pm

what a great demo! Is it using the drum maps of the Blofeld? Because I didn't see this feature in the spec list.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:55 pm

carbon111 wrote:I for one don't want to pay that much more for a Blofeld ;)
At its current price, preorders for initial shipments are already selling out, Waldorf should have no problem selling a ton of these :D
Yeah, I agree. Waldorf have done an amazing job on this synth, and at this price one can't complain on anything. The only thing I could wish for, was a midi out. But then again it's no problem getting by without it. More outs & ins aren't an issue at all for me.

DocT

Post by DocT » Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:15 pm

crystalmsc wrote:
what a great demo! Is it using the drum maps of the Blofeld? Because I didn't see this feature in the spec list.
Drums are from Spectrasonics Stylus.

DocT

Post by DocT » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:16 pm

Just a single wavetable based sound:

http://www.trippler.net/files/blo/tabloid.mp3

F5D

Post by F5D » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:24 pm

It is ok for me that Waldorf have cut corners with blofeld and it doesn't have midi out, thru or more outputs. I usually always use 1 sound per synth anyway so this is no problem for me. And the vocoder... I have never really used any vocoders or inputs of any of my synthesizers so that doesn't matter either.

Especially I like that Waldorf did not try to make any usb integration like virus ti. That needs so much resources that the company would not survive if they had to support everybody and fix the plugin all the time. MIDI + audio always work and it is a much better idea to put the effort in making a bug free standalone synthesizer and spend the rest of the time building the stromberg. :)

I already made some room for the Blofeld on my workstation. Come on thomann / waldorf. :wink:
F5D @ SoundCloud, futuresounddesign.com - sounds for your synthesizers

T7
No Longer Registered

Post by T7 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:12 pm

DocT wrote:Just a single wavetable based sound:

http://www.trippler.net/files/blo/tabloid.mp3
Love it. :)

SecretAsianMan

Post by SecretAsianMan » Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:59 am

F5D wrote:Especially I like that Waldorf did not try to make any usb integration like virus ti. That needs so much resources that the company would not survive if they had to support everybody and fix the plugin all the time. MIDI + audio always work and it is a much better idea to put the effort in making a bug free standalone synthesizer
+1

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:14 pm

just had a Blofeld in for review and its just an incredible sounding piece of kit. the levels you can take sound editing to is amazing, very very deep and at that price they are gonna sell like hotcakes. very inspiring, well done Waldorf. 8)
htttp://www.myspace.com/jazzdoctor73
htttp://www.jd73.co.uk

LP/Voyager/Source/Moogerfoogers/NordStage/Logan SM2/Solina/Memorymoogplus/MicroKorg/B3+122RV/ClavD6/Rhodes Suitcase73x2/EmuE4K/YamahaEx5/Dx100

dusk

Post by dusk » Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:48 pm

Already written my Nord Lead 2X ebay description. 8)
"Let's have a drink" is one of the most frequent phrases in use today.

It is an invitation to share time and communication around the consumption of a psychoactive drug.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:59 pm

Any updates on the release date?
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:31 pm

Well when I preordered my Blofeld last week the salesguy called me back later that afternoon and said he had just talked to the Waldorf rep and they (Sweetwater) wouldn't be getting them until late January.
:(

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:34 pm

Jeez...late January now? Every week a week or two gets added on. I remember getting an e-mail from Waldorf in July saying they'd be released in August. :lol:

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Well I hope that's not the actual timeframe, perhaps they are being overly cautious.
It would be a shame cause a lot of people were hoping to put this under the tree for Christmas, I know I was. Now I'll just have to print out a picture of it and put a bow on it. :lol:

I'm curious what other shops are telling their customers who preordered it. I know Novamusik was supposed to get their first shipment around Christmas.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:04 pm

precipice wrote:I know Novamusik was supposed to get their first shipment around Christmas.
They told me they know of nothing new.