The Blofeld Site Is Up

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
User avatar
sequence
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:09 am
Location: Wallowing in my pit of filth

Post by sequence » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:33 pm

So.... how did this thread get 'jacked into discussions of Ion and Micron features and how they compare to Blofeld?? WTF?? :shock: It's like comparing an apple to a walnut, they are soooooo different! Can we TRY to keep the discussion focused on Blofeld?? Please??

(oh and let's can the Evolver comparisons as well. I would think, that except for the price, it'd be better to compare Blofeld/Stromberg with John Bowen's Solaris.)
twentyfirst century fizMO man

User avatar
kaffekick
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:32 am
Contact:

Post by kaffekick » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:10 pm

sequence wrote:So.... how did this thread get 'jacked into discussions of Ion and Micron features and how they compare to Blofeld?? WTF?? :shock: It's like comparing an apple to a walnut, they are soooooo different! Can we TRY to keep the discussion focused on Blofeld?? Please??

(oh and let's can the Evolver comparisons as well. I would think, that except for the price, it'd be better to compare Blofeld/Stromberg with John Bowen's Solaris.)
+1

Even though I was the one comparing the Blofeld to the Evolver it was a reaction against to comparison between the Blofeld and the Micron.
If you've tried the Blofeld you will understand that they can't be compared. Apples and oranges and years of development between them!

Now I will focus on the VA I have waited for a very very very long time!
Gear: Yamaha Electone B-405

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Post by JSRockit » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:21 pm

So, who was lucky enough to get the first shipment?
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
sequence
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:09 am
Location: Wallowing in my pit of filth

Post by sequence » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:42 pm

kaffekick wrote:Even though I was the one comparing the Blofeld to the Evolver it was a reaction against to comparison between the Blofeld and the Micron.
That's cool, the Evolver comparison doesnt tweek me as much as the comparisons to Ion and Micron tho. What's next, Blofeld vs. Microkorg?? :lol:

So here's mine: I wish the desktop Evolver had that spiffy lcd screen Blofeld has, life would be sweet!

Also I'm very psyched about this new "wave" (NPI :lol:) of hardware wavetable synthesis development and production. Hopefully, Emu is taking notice, and will develop something new using Ensoniq's transwave technology they hold ownership rights to. Then, hope flies on gossamer wings....
twentyfirst century fizMO man

User avatar
Soundwave
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 888
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by Soundwave » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:56 pm

Waldorf should put the Blofeld engine into a groovebox type package, it would give Elektron something to think about. 8)

felis
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 8:44 pm

Post by felis » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 pm

sequence wrote:
... What's next, Blofeld vs. Microkorg?? :lol: ....

The Microkorg has two audio ins and a keyboard (mini though it may be). :lol:

So, does anyone actually have a Blofeld yet? I'll probably be getting one eventually, but I'm on the sidelines for a while.

User avatar
sequence
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:09 am
Location: Wallowing in my pit of filth

Post by sequence » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:43 pm

oh ha f**k ha :lol:
twentyfirst century fizMO man

User avatar
killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:22 am
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood
Location: California, US

Post by killedaway » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:54 am

what happened to the guy who said Sweetwater shipped his out?
1.5.9.13
1.5.9.13

User avatar
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 2862
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:15 am
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline
Location: Synth Garden
Contact:

Post by crystalmsc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:32 pm

Soundwave wrote:Waldorf should put the Blofeld engine into a groovebox type package, it would give Elektron something to think about. 8)
yes, specially with the drum maps and a drum machine style sequencer.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Post by JSRockit » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Soundwave wrote:Waldorf should put the Blofeld engine into a groovebox type package, it would give Elektron something to think about. 8)
They'd have to add a killer multi-track sequencer though...that is what makes the Elektrons unique.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Post by JSRockit » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 pm

killedaway wrote:what happened to the guy who said Sweetwater shipped his out?
I guess he is lucky enough to be using it instead of blabbing about it...
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:22 am
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood
Location: California, US

Post by killedaway » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:08 pm

JSRockit wrote:
killedaway wrote:what happened to the guy who said Sweetwater shipped his out?
I guess he is lucky enough to be using it instead of blabbing about it...
if that were true, he wouldn't have joined VSE. blabbing about stuff instead of playing it is a prerequisite for membership!
1.5.9.13
1.5.9.13

User avatar
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 3911
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:15 pm
Location: New York City

Post by JSRockit » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:18 pm

killedaway wrote:
JSRockit wrote:
killedaway wrote:what happened to the guy who said Sweetwater shipped his out?
I guess he is lucky enough to be using it instead of blabbing about it...
if that were true, he wouldn't have joined VSE. blabbing about stuff instead of playing it is a prerequisite for membership!
Alot of blab while on the clock though no?
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

User avatar
killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 1030
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:22 am
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood
Location: California, US

Post by killedaway » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:19 am

JSRockit wrote:
killedaway wrote:
JSRockit wrote: I guess he is lucky enough to be using it instead of blabbing about it...
if that were true, he wouldn't have joined VSE. blabbing about stuff instead of playing it is a prerequisite for membership!
Alot of blab while on the clock though no?
heck yeah. we "gots to get paid"! :wink:
Last edited by killedaway on Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
1.5.9.13
1.5.9.13

User avatar
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 4230
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:43 pm
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld
Location: Drammen, Norway

Post by Bitexion » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:19 am

It's impossible to keep a 20 pages thread on topic ALL the time..at least on this forum :) I mean, how many times do you need to say

"ZOMG I LOVE IT CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!!!!!11"?

Post Reply