The Blofeld Site Is Up

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
T7
No Longer Registered

Post by T7 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:25 am

Hugo76 wrote:
T7 wrote:Wow :lol:

A MIDI out is not something one should have to pay a premium for. The Moog LP has most of the options you mentioned in regards to the Mini. The Blofeld is a 21st century digital synth. No MIDI DIN out? Don't be such a Fanboy. :wink:
I don't see this as a big problem. Rather, when you think about it, the Blofeld *is* a selfcontained unit. Just look at other companies; every single one of them would require a connection to a computer in order to do serious editing. For instance the mc808 - much more expensive, and very difficult to use unless you hook it up to a computer.
This goes for virtually everything that's out there. A synth offering this kind of standalone operation - and at this price - is truly mindblowing IMHO.
I use this in conjunction with my hardware synths for complex editing without my computer: http://www.waveidea.com/en/products/bit ... /index.php

carbon111
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:25 am

Not a fanboy, just sick of all the bitching :D

The MMM thread, the Prophet'08 thread, the Little Phatty thread...wall-to-wall whining, bitching, pissing and moaning. Lots of others too...

Sometimes these forums sound like they're filled with a bunch of overspoiled, selfish teenagers. Image

I come here to share knowledge and be with friends but sometimes the signal-to-noise ratio is awful. Why should I bother coming here if people are going to fill every thread with s**t? We can't just have a decent conversation it seems without it becoming a nitpicking gripe fest :(
Last edited by carbon111 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards, James
--
My New album "Persephone":

Carbon111 Website: http://www.carbon111.com

Carbon111 Blog: http://carbon111.blogspot.com

actuel

Post by actuel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:29 am

T7 wrote: Don't be such a Fanboy.
heheh. yeah, well i thought this as well...the flag is waiving! :lol:

i have the upmost respect for Carbon, but saying you'd like a midi out doesn't make you a hater and i don't think it's bitching either.

the blofeld is a killer machine for this price range, h**l even for another $500.00 it's still a deal, i don't think one desiring a midi-out calls for the 'rant' bantor.

oh those lusties

carbon111
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by carbon111 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:33 am

...you haven't heard the same bitching over and over.

I feel like the guy in the back seat:

...or this kitty:

Last edited by carbon111 on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards, James
--

actuel

Post by actuel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:37 am

HAHAHA...trust me, while i'm a mere lurker here, i've been moderating and admin'ing over at elektron-users for a couple of years now. i'm familiar with the signal-to-noise ratio!

cheers buddy! also, when are you going to locate me a XTk? :)

carbon111
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by carbon111 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:47 am

actuel wrote:...also, when are you going to locate me a XTk? :)
I'll put my crack team of Waldorf Fanbois right on it, sir! :D

Cheers indeed :D

I've had wine mulling all afternoon and its just about ready. I think I'll go pour a steaming mug, get the fireplace roaring and watch a Mario Bava flick...the snow is really coming down right now. ^_^
Best Regards, James
--

synapsecollapse
Gear: MS20 Mini, Eurorack stuffs, Elektron Machinedrum, Venom, iPad mini, DX7

Post by synapsecollapse » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:08 am

CTB wrote:
synapsecollapse wrote:im hoping a blofield rack is to eventually become reality, for less thaN 3500.
I assume you meant Stromberg and not Blofeld.
yes, that was the wine talking. thanks for the correction.

sequence

Post by sequence » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:46 pm

$699 is higher than I expected for BloFeld, esp. when the Micro-Q Pheenix has dropped to that price level? I wonder if after the initial I-have-a-boner-and-need-it-now pre-order rush for the first units has passed, if DORF will drop Blofeld down accordingly?

and I agree with James about all the immaturity forums generally harbor. It's everywhere, not just here. Lighten up. people, so f**k what if B doesnt have Midi out? Dont have a cow, man. :lol:
twentyfirst century fizMO man

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:06 pm

sequence wrote:$699 is higher than I expected for BloFeld, esp. when the Micro-Q Pheenix has dropped to that price level?
Desktops are sexier than racks though... but I think you may be right. I'm going to take the hit and pay the $600 or so street I have to in order to be an early adopter. I can see it listing for $599 in the future though (which would mean even lower street prices).
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

CTB

Post by CTB » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:06 pm

sequence wrote:I wonder if after the initial I-have-a-boner-and-need-it-now pre-order rush for the first units has passed, if DORF will drop Blofeld down accordingly?
I think that unless sales of the Blofeld completely tank, this is too much to expect for a company trying to regain solvency. I'm sure Blofeld revenue will be funneled directly into Stromberg development, so they'll need to make solid profits in order to continue.
CTB

sequence

Post by sequence » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:09 pm

From what Ive seen w/Blofeld, I dont think it will tank. I just think once the initial :shock: WOW I GOTTA HAVE IT :shock: rush is over, it could drop to the (street) level near to what Rockit paid for his.

I mean, wasnt the Micro-Q Phoenix higher than $699 when it first arrived? :?:

(helloooo moderator, maybe it's time to merge the two Blofeld threads?)
twentyfirst century fizMO man

seamonkey

Post by seamonkey » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:46 pm

I for once am excited over the re-emergence of Waldorf and it's release of new products. For many dark months it looked like the only way one would ever be able to get the Waldorf sound would be through the purchase of second hand gear.
The idea of having Wave and XT wavetables at one's disposal in a small module has me salivating. I also love the graphic editing which is available in the menu window.
The design team at Waldorf should be applauded for their approach of maintaining the legendary Waldorf sound with a fresh design and new features.

I have seen $699USD as the price listed on most retailer sites. Some are packaging the Waldorf Edition with the Blofeld. I don't need the Edition since I already have the PPG VsT so hopefully this price can be negoiated.

At any rate I think it's a fair price for a unit that will provide Waldorf synthesis.
I see this as being a huge success for the new Waldorf company and a beginning of even better things.

James you cracked me up with your bunny pic, except that's a pink car and I think they're all chick bunnies.
Settle back with that wine and fireplace, think I'll do the same except for beer and Pink Floyd instead.:)

JackAstro

Post by JackAstro » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:22 pm

carbon111 wrote:The MMM thread, the Prophet'08 thread, the Little Phatty thread...wall-to-wall whining, bitching, pissing and moaning. Lots of others too...
So many cool synths. So much hating.

OTOH, maybe one of the haters will start his own synth company. It wouldn't be the first time. :wink:

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:08 pm

$699 may be a product of the weak American dollar...if they do drop it to $600 though, I suspect they will have a true winner. You could get a Blofeld, a desktop Evolver, and a midi keyboard and call it a day for ~$1200.
virb.com/ookpikk

CTB

Post by CTB » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Like any of us are capable of "calling it a day."
:lol:
CTB