The Blofeld Site Is Up

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
gd

Post by gd » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:57 pm

I could easily see this sitting on the rack shelf of my Radias or making my own attachment to secure it to the Radias's kybd cntrl and use a short midi cable as I think they actually will complment each other fery well.
Prophet 08, Mini D, Radias, 2 x JD-990, Juno-60, 2 x JP-8080, Fantom X6, Speakeasy Stereo Rackmount Vintage Tube Preamp ...

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:11 pm

GeneralBigbag wrote:$699 may be a product of the weak American dollar...if they do drop it to $600 though, I suspect they will have a true winner. You could get a Blofeld, a desktop Evolver, and a midi keyboard and call it a day for ~$1200.
and a drum machine...like the MFB-503
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

sensorium

Post by sensorium » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:27 pm

JSRockit wrote:
GeneralBigbag wrote:$699 may be a product of the weak American dollar...if they do drop it to $600 though, I suspect they will have a true winner. You could get a Blofeld, a desktop Evolver, and a midi keyboard and call it a day for ~$1200.

Then while you're at it, you might as well get a vintage Prophet 5 poly and an oscAR for your vintage mono needs. Add a few effects processors, a nice computer, some monitors, several $K of software and call it a day.......until next month when you hear the samples of the Jupiter 8 on bluesynth.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:36 pm

sensorium wrote:
JSRockit wrote:

Then while you're at it, you might as well get a vintage Prophet 5 poly and an oscAR for your vintage mono needs. Add a few effects processors, a nice computer, some monitors, several $K of software and call it a day.......until next month when you hear the samples of the Jupiter 8 on bluesynth.
Well, if you don't play in a band...you probably want something to handle your drums... the blofeld and evolver won't cut it.

T7
No Longer Registered

Post by T7 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:40 pm

JackAstro wrote:
carbon111 wrote:The MMM thread, the Prophet'08 thread, the Little Phatty thread...wall-to-wall whining, bitching, pissing and moaning. Lots of others too...
So many cool synths. So much hating.
...And so much a*s kissing :wink:

...Read before you react, peeps. I have been singing the Blofelds praises for some time. Just read my posts in this thread and the "What happened to Blofeld?" thread. I've already pre-ordered mine. The only hating I see here is from anti free speech fools such as carbon and yourself. I speak critically of this trend toward USB MIDI, something I would think a bunch of hardware gear heads can relate to, and I'm a hater? I suggest you start bitching too, or we'll all end up with a bunch of c**p that doesn't work together. :)
Last edited by T7 on Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.

sensorium

Post by sensorium » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:58 pm

JSRockit wrote:
sensorium wrote:
JSRockit wrote: and a drum machine...like the MFB-503

Well, if you don't play in a band...you probably want something to handle your drums... the blofeld and evolver won't cut it.

Yea I know. I wasn't mocking you. Just a joke as I'm sure many of us feel that way. ie. always ALMOST done with our studios :wink:

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:08 am

sensorium wrote: Yea I know. I wasn't mocking you. Just a joke as I'm sure many of us feel that way. ie. always ALMOST done with our studios :wink:
I got ya... yeah, I'm in that boat... even when I'm content...I'm thinking of what else I could buy.

JackAstro

Post by JackAstro » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:22 am

JSRockit wrote:Well, if you don't play in a band...you probably want something to handle your drums... the blofeld and evolver won't cut it.
I like using the Evolver as a drum machine! Though, it would probably get old after 2 or 3 songs. :cry:

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:42 am

JackAstro wrote:
JSRockit wrote:Well, if you don't play in a band...you probably want something to handle your drums... the blofeld and evolver won't cut it.
I like using the Evolver as a drum machine! Though, it would probably get old after 2 or 3 songs. :cry:
Yeah, I hear ya...but no matter how you swing it...the blofeld and evolver will require one more piece to make whole songs.

carbon111
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Band: Carbon111

Post by carbon111 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:04 am

T7 wrote: ...Read before you react, peeps. I have been singing the Blofelds praises for some time. Just read my posts in this thread and the "What happened to Blofeld?" thread. I've already pre-ordered mine. The only hating I see here is from anti free speech fools such as carbon and yourself.
What the f**k are you talking about? Do I know you?

I respected you completely up until this post. I wasn't charaterizing you as a "hater", I was just sick of the griping. If you think I'm against free speech then you either haven't been around here very long or haven't paid attention to what I've been saying on this forum for the last few years.

Thanks for not giving me the same benefit of the doubt I gave you.

Do you have any idea how much s**t I've had to deal with in terms of the Blofeld (and half a dozen other synths) or even how many times I've had the MIDI jack conversation you would know why I found it a bit old.

Maybe starting another thread about the trend of some new gear not having proper MIDI connections might be in order or is it just easier to do it in this thread and paint me with a broad brush at the same time.

Thanks.

No point in wasting my presence here anymore as its obvious everybody already knows everything. It was a nice two and a half years. Best Regards, All.
Best Regards, James
--
My New album "Persephone":

Carbon111 Website: http://www.carbon111.com

Carbon111 Blog: http://carbon111.blogspot.com

T7
No Longer Registered

Post by T7 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:34 am

:lol:

I'm the guy who was "pissing and moaning". Maybe this rings a bell?: "If you don't f**k like it, vote with your dollars and get something else."

JackAstro

Post by JackAstro » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:59 am

T7 wrote:I'm the guy who was "pissing and moaning".
Yeah, you are. You can call me a fool if you want; I don't care. But don't diss James, he is probably the most respected guy on these forums. Nobody here will take you seriously if you do.

insky

Post by insky » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:15 am

T7 wrote::lol:

I'm the guy who was "pissing and moaning"?

T7 wrote:A MIDI out is not something one should have to pay a premium for.
T7 wrote:What were Waldorf thinking? They make a monster synth in a tiny package, with practically no knobs, then make it necessary to connect the thing to a computer in order to control it properly.
T7 wrote:Anyone who defends this trend toward USB MIDI only, is a fool.
T7 wrote:Yes I'm griping, but this trend of manufacturers omitting MIDI ports from gear these days, is starting to piss me off. It's a lame trend at best.
T7 wrote:What I really don't like is this: my MIDI controller will not see any parameter changes made from the Blofelds knobs. Even my $100. FilterFactory can do this.
Stuff I own:
X Station
ESQ-1
JX-8P
Poly 800
MaxiKorg 800DV
Elka Rhapsody 610

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:17 am

cant wait til one of these fascist mods bans your a*s...
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:21 am

People, people... let's not get all carried away here ;)
Let's instead focus are attention and continue our awe of the Blofeld.
From what I understand, each of the 16 parts can have their own insert effects, and all share one single global effect (which can be any one of the inserts + 3 more), that means a total of 17 effects.
Also, every part can have its own programmable arpeggiator, as far as I understand. Isn't all this quite shocking at this price?

I am totally amazed. Any comments on the capabilities of the synth engine? How is it compared to other VAs? (I can ofcourse read basic specs, but I haven't got that much experience in VA).