Akai AX80

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:21 pm

Just wanted to chime in that Jexus' AX80 and MaxiKorg videos have got me gassing for those in particular. I only wish it was smaller because I'm running out of studio room. The taxi chase scene cracks me up.

If the AX80 had the chorus in the Kawai SX-240 and a programmer like the 80's Rolands, it definately would be a force to be reckoned with.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

metrosonus

Post by metrosonus » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:36 pm

im not trolling, but i seriously want to know why people buy something then ask "whats it good for" or "what do you think"

shouldnt you ask that first ?

Tyler2000
Gear: HS-60, MG-1, CS-5, ESQ-1, CZ-101, DR-110, MR-10, MDP-40, EA-1, ER-1, ES-1, Trixer, SDS-9, Califorian 365, toys, guitars, ukes, etc.

Post by Tyler2000 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:25 am

bluedad wrote:
I just got one fully fuctioning locally for $250. Just wanted to brag....

hmm Huntsville, you didn't happen to get it from a listing on craigs list located in Dora?
I was disappointed to see it too late.
Yup, that's the one. I'm acutally in tuscaloosa these days, so it was less of a trip. How do you like synthing in AL? I bet you don't have any synth friends either.... )=

It was pretty funny. I called the guy about it and he kept calling it a digital piano! It had all the original patches on it still.
so what do I put down here now?

sergiommms

Re:

Post by sergiommms » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:24 am

JUGEL wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:50 pm
Does anyone know how to go about replacing the knob and the screens. 2 of my screens are all fudged up and just show FULL bars.
That is the problem that user rhino antecipates here: viewtopic.php?t=72786

Question is... how to solve it? (which ones are the actual defective components and where/in which board are they located?)

Thanks in advance for any answers or pointers