Justice's live rig?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
dthestampede

Justice's live rig?

Post by dthestampede » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:07 am

know i'm pretty sure anybody looking at this probably read about justice's studio set-up. which according to them is quite minimal. not quite sure i believe its as minimal as they claim. now if you youtube their live footage they perform form behind a behemoth mess of electronics c**p, most of which is on the ground and not usable in any performance sense. i callin B.S. and its all a stage prop to fool newbies and novices. can anyone identify that mess?

p.s. a second reason i believe it to be a prop. they perform in front of stacks of marshall cabs, also i believe unused as that would degrade the audio quality. bass cabs maybe, guitar cabs.. i doubt it
I am infected with noises in my brain, the sound of pain and it is constant. Soon I will release music so horrible that hopefully you too will be infected. Slayer, wolf eyes, johnny cash, justin timberlake f**king rock!

minime123
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by minime123 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:13 am

i think its already been mentioned elsewhere that the synthesizers.com system in front is just for show.
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER
- We Buy Sell Trade Repair Vintage Synths
- We Buy Broken Gear & Parts Too...
- Huge Selection, Dependable Service
- https://tonetweakers.com

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:01 am

dthestampede wrote:p.s. a second reason i believe it to be a prop. they perform in front of stacks of marshall cabs, also i believe unused as that would degrade the audio quality. bass cabs maybe, guitar cabs.. i doubt it
:lol: Have you listened to the album? The audio quality is pretty freakin degraded. :lol:

Anyway, they're all props and the music comes off a laptop. I don't think they're trying to fool people, they're just trying to make their show look interesting. I've also heard that Daft Punk's music would sound the same if they weren't inside a pyramid.

taylor

Post by taylor » Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:50 am

justice live is basically just gaspard and xavier with ableton, triggering loops and what not, the whole setup isnt made too fool anyone, its just part of their mystique, ya know? and the sound isnt coming out of the amps, if you want ill ask, i know someone who could tell me

and ive seen daft punk live, theres a live aspect to it for sure, not to mention theyve got 4 voyagers with them i the pyramid and they do use the voyagers mostly for signal processing and filters, regardless, still the craziest live show ive ever seen

premieklovn
Gear: T.O.N.T.O
Band: Monomen

Post by premieklovn » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:41 am

When I saw them live they were using CDs...

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:01 am

yeah I saw them at Øya festival this summer, and all they did was smoking cigarettes and turning a knob or two once in a while. rest of the time they were just groovin' to the music, so I doubt you could call it "live" as i think it was all playback run through a mixer/multi-effects-box or whatever.
Also, I remember being much more impressed with Premieklovn's band (Monomen), who had a bunch of analogs (uhm, a Juno, MS10/20, prodigy, 707 and a JX?), and even those strictly 80's drum pads to be played standing :) Great show, a lot more interesting than justice in my opinion :)

hmr, a little off subject here, but I was just so little impressed with justice. Playback is NOT cool live!! atleast I think they should have something to play live over the playback, cause looking at two stoned guys turning the same two knobs for an hour is just.. boring...

SWAN

Post by SWAN » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:33 pm

taylor wrote:if you want ill ask, i know someone who could tell me
ok-ask please

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:43 pm

It'll make good grocery store music in 20 years. can't complain.

taylor

Post by taylor » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:35 pm

premieklovn wrote:When I saw them live they were using CDs...
it was a DJ set then, just like cassius, who play live and DJ

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:18 pm

JUGEL wrote:It'll make good grocery store music in 20 years. can't complain.
ha! now that's a funny mental image.

JUGEL
No Longer Registered

Post by JUGEL » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:53 pm

that's my way of saying ... not bad music ... but just too commerical for me to really connect with.

space6oy
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Post by space6oy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:55 pm

reminds me of that grocery scene in the movie "go." except that was reggae, wasn't it?

anyway, i do like justice, though i skip the tracks with vocals and i'm not a fan of people who use nothing but a laptop live.

hey_timj

Post by hey_timj » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:58 pm

TrondC wrote:
hmr, a little off subject here, but I was just so little impressed with justice. Playback is NOT cool live!! atleast I think they should have something to play live over the playback, cause looking at two stoned guys turning the same two knobs for an hour is just.. boring...

s**t man. i was at øya too, but not on justice's day. i'm sorry i missed that.

but if you are bored with justice, i think you are approaching it wrong. if i saw them live i would spend my time dancing rather than watching them.

pudd86

Post by pudd86 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:20 am

i still don't understand why justice are so popular, there songs are rubbish and there live show is even worse

stikygum

Post by stikygum » Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:30 am

Stab Frenzy wrote:
dthestampede wrote:I've also heard that Daft Punk's music would sound the same if they weren't inside a pyramid.
For some reason, that is making me laugh hard :lol: :lol: :lol: That's really funny.

But Justice basically have their laptops and mixer going through a focusrite preamp. I went to go to the stage when I saw them and noticed they couldn't be using all that and then saw a small 8 rack setup of outboard gear on the side of that hugh mess.