Don't know - thinking of selling my vintage gear

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Mon May 26, 2008 10:41 am

yeah I was going to say,

this seems like classic softening up before committing fraud.

Phollop Willing PA
Gear: Korg, Moog, Roland, Alesis, ARP, Yamaha, Future Retro

Post by Phollop Willing PA » Mon May 26, 2008 12:00 pm

....well that was interesting. :-#
MOOGSig: Voyager/Theremin, ROLAND: JP8000/MC505/MC50/SH1000/Octapad1/RE 20, CASIO VLtone, KORG: Prophecy/MS2000R/Kaos Pad2/D3200/D888/SDD4000/M3, BOSS SP202/DR110, YAMAHA:CS40M/QX7/WX7/QY10/Reface DX, ARP Exp, MACBETH M5, FR ORB, SONNET, ALESIS SR18

Sexor
Gear: Prophet6, Jupiter-7, MS25, Juno-50, TR-303, Rhodes 63

Post by Sexor » Mon May 26, 2008 5:01 pm

Wow such an obvious scam..... kick this guy off and put him on the bad traders list!

"where can I sell it?" come on! if he got this stuff 5 years ago he bloody well knows.
Monkey business since 2007!

Suburban Bather
Gear: Wretch Machine, Oberkorn3, Monotribe, TR-626, FX

Post by Suburban Bather » Mon May 26, 2008 10:49 pm

Sexor wrote:Wow such an obvious scam..... kick this guy off and put him on the bad traders list!

"where can I sell it?" come on! if he got this stuff 5 years ago he bloody well knows.
He wants you to feel his pain :twisted:

MrFrodo

Post by MrFrodo » Tue May 27, 2008 1:06 am

How often do people pop up wanting to sell all three at once? I'm glad whoever pursued these items caught this person in the act.
The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive.

Rest in peace, Dr. Robert Moog.

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon

clusterchord
Band: Nimbus Dei

Post by clusterchord » Tue May 27, 2008 1:42 am

im suprised mods didnt caught up on this soon as the bozo posted the thread.. it looks so obvious from the get go.. the whole sharade of "should i sell or not" with only a few posts bfr that.

i hope the he gets prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

jupiter · oberheim · prophet · sh · moog · andromeda · ppg wave · vs · waldorf · yamaha · eii · casio
rhodes · solina · acetone · eurorack · system100 · förster · lexicon · eventide · space echo · svc350 etc

JayEm
Gear: KorgPoly800 Monotron MonotronDuo MonotronDelay Monotribe VolcaBass MS20Mini MS2000 MFB522 Arturia Minibrute Yamaha CS-15D Tama TechstarTS305
Band: datapark / KNUCKLEFACE / JayEm

Post by JayEm » Tue May 27, 2008 2:02 am

I clicked on this thread thinking it was new, started read, and by the time he got to his "decision" I pretty much had him pegged as a scammer. And of course we end up with some poor kid who fell for it.

I was skittish enough to purchase from a MOD, there is no way under any circumstances I would ever part with serious cash to a person who's just stumbled on this board, with poor english, and has conveniently forgotten what eBay is.

My sympathies to MicroFi.
w00t

MicroFi

Post by MicroFi » Wed May 28, 2008 6:08 am

He had a pretty good story ready, his prices were reasonable (not outrageously low) and we both speak Dutch. That might've been the reason why I actually fell for his scam. I normally see through these kind of scams, so I feel stupid I fell for this one. It all seems so obvious now ...

On the other hand: I've already filed a complaint with my local police station and I'm in contact with his bank. I hope things get resolved quickly.

@JayEm:
Thanks for the sympathies!

hyphen nation
Gear: boxes that make noises

Post by hyphen nation » Wed May 28, 2008 8:24 am

is this the same skinny piece of drug addicted c**p that scammed some one else on here...the whole posting threats of violence a few months back?

MicroFi

Post by MicroFi » Wed May 28, 2008 9:03 am

hyphen nation wrote:is this the same skinny piece of drug addicted c**p that scammed some one else on here...the whole posting threats of violence a few months back?
I've been googling him and yes, I've found out he has posted on some drugforums and he seems to do harddrugs. I've already found somebody else who also got scammed by him, but I'm not sure he's been scammed on vintagesynth.com. It was an MC-909 he got scammed for. Around the same price range at that time.

If you know more about this person, I'd love to hear about it. The more people I can find that already have been scammed by this person, the more likely the police is going to take this case serious. I've already contacted the police, but they haven't done anything yet. And his bank tells me they can only take action when the police can confirm that person really scammed me.

Suburban Bather
Gear: Wretch Machine, Oberkorn3, Monotribe, TR-626, FX

Post by Suburban Bather » Fri May 30, 2008 2:13 am

Notice how he/she/he-she/she-he has not replied with a rebuttal statement?

hyphen nation
Gear: boxes that make noises

Post by hyphen nation » Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 am

I was trying to find that old "I got scammed" thread from a few months back, but no luck...I thought someone got screwed from this same guy over a Monomachine...

mute

Post by mute » Fri May 30, 2008 1:45 pm

gee... where'd he go? :lol: :roll: :? :x :evil:

sorry to hear you got ripped off man :(

Slickie

Post by Slickie » Sat May 31, 2008 12:24 am

Proffesor Xavier wrote:Well i just disided.
Im going to sell the stuff.
Because i can use the money and its better if they are put to use.

Where can i sell them?
Is there an place here on the forum ?

Cheers
great I am interested in all three. Just send them to me and I will forward the money through a bank transfer in South Africa.

Villi
Gear: Yamaha RS7000 & DX200, Quasimidi Sirius, Casio CZ5000

Post by Villi » Sat May 31, 2008 1:20 am

hyphen nation wrote:I was trying to find that old "I got scammed" thread from a few months back, but no luck...I thought someone got screwed from this same guy over a Monomachine...
That scammer was a guy in sweden though, wasn't he? I think the thread was removed because it got out of hand.