New Moog Lead Synth!?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
dinotread

Post by dinotread » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Amos just made this an epic thread. :p

On a side note, I bought a Little Phatty last night. I love it!

r33k

Post by r33k » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:31 pm

JSRockit wrote:
Amos wrote:
I thought there might have been a leak or something...
So, that means there is something to leak then...
You didn't think the LP was the last product Moog was ever going to release, did you??? :wink:

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:39 am

I just saw on a Spanish website a rumour that they actually were doing something like this. I wonder if it's true or if they've just seen this thread and extrapolated. Would be quite a coincidence if this somehow was right...

hyphen nation
Gear: boxes that make noises

Post by hyphen nation » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:42 am

I am pasting this in directly from the Moog Music Forum

It claims to be a translation of said spanish website:

I make no claims of authenticity, and willtotally pull it down if it proves to be false...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:38 pm Post subject: Phony spoilers?
I found that Spanish site previously mentioned and did a free online translation, it's kind of funny:

Moog Music has prepared two sorpresitas for the fair NAMM that is on the verge of being celebrated; the first one is the new Multi-Pedal MP-201. It is based on the EP-2; will function with CV and MIDI (standard and USB). It can control to four Moogerfoogers at the same time. Has four LFOs independent and sincronizables and four exits of control. The second surprise can like the fanatics of them you feel: the new version "Old School" of the Minimoog Voyager. It is a matter of a Voyager trimmed, in reality: they have left the analog system, eliminating all the digital controls (pure "old school"). Characteristics of Multi-Pedal MP-201

It works with control of voltage (CV), MIDI (standard and USB) and can control to four Moogerfoogers simultaneously Four LFOs independent, sincronizables and generated internally, that can leave like CV and/or MIDI (4 forms of wave more S% H and noise) fast Configuration of analog team utilizing the function preset to store levels CV (this opens many possibilities with you feel as the Voyager, Little Phatty, feel
modulares and other feel analog) Four Of simultaneous control: each one can transmit CV and MIDI MIDI Clock Sync and Tap Tempo Conversion MIDI-to-CV of four channels Without mechanical parts: the pedal is united optically to the electronics With this pedal, you would have an optic controller with presets for CV, MIDI and USB. You would be able to connect all your analog team, your team MIDI and your computer
through a central controller. There is 100 presets available, that can be utilized through the LCD of the frontal board.

Their price will move around the 400$ and will be ready in the spring of 2008

A new one Voyager

The Minimoog Voyager YOU (Old School) will have the motor of analog sound of the Voyager original, but without digital controls. It is directed to a segment of musicians of certain age that simply they want something to replace to their Model D, and for young musicians that quieran an approach minimalist to their musical creativity. The classical design and the capacities CV expanded also do it interesting pair users of you feel modulares.

The price will patrol the 2400$, in some intermediate point among the price of a Little Phatty and a Voyager complete, and will be available in March of 2008.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:55 am

hyphen nation wrote: The Minimoog Voyager YOU (Old School) will have the motor of analog sound of the Voyager original, but without digital controls.
this sounds very interesting, can't wait to hear the sound of the model D replacement with all the Voyager features.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:19 pm

The "old school" Moog sounds awesome.