*NEW* Access Virus Ti Snow

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:08 am

Killedaway: no, there are loads of avatars to choose from in the profile section. They just picked two that came from the same original picture.

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:30 am

Bitexion wrote:Killedaway: no, there are loads of avatars to choose from in the profile section. They just picked two that came from the same original picture.
sorry, i was trying to make a joke, seeing as their avatars looked so similar.

Andy_X69
Gear: Alesis A6 Andromeda, Access Virus TI, Arturia Minibrute, DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard, Waldorf Micro-Q, Waldorf Pulse 2

Post by Andy_X69 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:47 am

Bitexion wrote: And we look at those prices and go "awwww I wish I lived in the US where everything is so much cheaper". Disregarding the fact that we'd earn less money and hardly be able to afford those items there either.
In the US you would actually have more purchasing power from the money you earn. The reason is because even though you may earn less money in total (i.e. after exchange rates), the general price level of things is lower in the US. Plus, there are less taxes, less importing regulations, etc.
http://www.myspace.com/studiodekadent, Cubase 4/TC Powercore X8/MOTU PCIe424 with 24io/MOTU MIDI Express 128

mao
Gear: Andromeda - Voyager RME - VSynth XT - MonoEvolverKeyboard - NordRack2X - EX-8000 - Waldorf Microwave - Machinedrum - Monomachine

Post by mao » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 am

Is there any way to avoid sentences like:

"of course, you would have to unlodge your head from your sphincter to figure that out. "

"Again though, to understand that, you need to take your head out of your a*s."

These claims seems coming from "who really knows how the things goes" ... hmmm... please... fly down...

peace

Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE

Post by Joey » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:50 am

So since a few people have asked, I've decided to make a virus TI synth demo.

Its just me fooling around with a few favorite patches of mine, all patches that I have made.

Maybe this will give you an idea of why I love this synth so much.

They make use of every oscillator type available, wavetables, grain tables, formants, hypersaw, etc.

The moog filter emulation is also displayed as well, though I don't recall doing a sweep with a patch that uses it...

No external processing on any of this, everything you hear is generated from the virus TI.

Its a bit long, clocking in at 10 minutes, but if you want to get an idea for what this synth can do I definitely recommend checking it out!

Everything is played live, so sorry in advance for the sloppy playing.

enjoy!

http://download.yousendit.com/B581ACBF26C13DE6
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

ronP
Gear: BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO MT-70; KORG EA-1 mkII, MicroKorg, microSTATION, MicroX, Mini-KP, Monotron; ROLAND Micro Cube; ZOOM FS01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B
Band: Keyfish

Post by ronP » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Joey wrote:So since a few people have asked, I've decided to make a virus TI synth demo.
Its just me fooling around with a few favorite patches of mine, all patches that I have made.
Maybe this will give you an idea of why I love this synth so much.
They make use of every oscillator type available, wavetables, grain tables, formants, hypersaw, etc.
The moog filter emulation is also displayed as well, though I don't recall doing a sweep with a patch that uses it...
No external processing on any of this, everything you hear is generated from the virus TI.
Its a bit long, clocking in at 10 minutes, but if you want to get an idea for what this synth can do I definitely recommend checking it out!

Everything is played live, so sorry in advance for the sloppy playing.

enjoy!

http://download.yousendit.com/B581ACBF26C13DE6

That's an awesome joint, dude! . . . Love the pad progression that follows the Depeche Mode-New Order bass meddly!

:)

BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO Casiotone MT-70; KORG Electribe EA-1mkII, microKORG, mini-KP; QUIKLOK T20 T-REX Series X;
ROLAND Micro-CUBE; YAMAHA PSS130, PSS140; ZOOM FS-01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B

Wanted: BOSS DR-110; CASIO CZ-101; YAMAHA CS-01, DX-100

i_watch_stars

Post by i_watch_stars » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:54 am

killedaway wrote:
Bitexion wrote:Killedaway: no, there are loads of avatars to choose from in the profile section. They just picked two that came from the same original picture.
sorry, i was trying to make a joke, seeing as their avatars looked so similar.
Hehe yeah. Mine is from a different picture though. It is taken from a plane going through a near-total solar eclipse antumbra...perhaps one of the most beautiful pics ever...
JP-8080, Virus B, TG-77, JD-990, D-550, XV-5080, CS1x, Matrix 1000, SE-1, SuperNova II Pro Rack, MKS-50, EMX-1, TX-802, Nord Rack 2X, Korg RADIAS

westforwishing9

ok

Post by westforwishing9 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:28 am

Ok, so im to lazy to read the last 9 pages but I just came back from namm and I played it and asked questions. First off the person told me it would retail for 1300 or so. It is really small (i have pics but i cant find the cable for my camera. I'll look tomorrow). It sounds good. Kind of a weird interface, Also for the price I mean I would just get a rack. The interface was annoying and it cuts on polyphony and s**t. So really save ur money and get the rack.

But I do love the atomizer that virus is coming out with. A guy demoed it for me. Its pretty sweet.

crufty

Post by crufty » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:06 am

The TI is an amazing piece of kit.

Folks frequently overlook the fact that the ti can acts as a nice 192khz audio interface, with pretty good ad/da conversion (to my untrained ears, anyway). Does the snow do that as well? An onboard audio interface is not something to be overlooked...

westforwishing9

Post by westforwishing9 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:06 am

crufty wrote:The TI is an amazing piece of kit.

Folks frequently overlook the fact that the ti can acts as a nice 192khz audio interface, with pretty good ad/da conversion (to my untrained ears, anyway). Does the snow do that as well? An onboard audio interface is not something to be overlooked...
yeah if thats what the other TI's can do the snow can too.

Andy_X69
Gear: Alesis A6 Andromeda, Access Virus TI, Arturia Minibrute, DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard, Waldorf Micro-Q, Waldorf Pulse 2

Post by Andy_X69 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:16 am

crufty wrote:The TI is an amazing piece of kit.

Even though the D/A converters are 192khz, the TI is not a 192khz interface. It only runs at 44.1 or 48, since USB bandwidth is not sufficient to carry 192khz audio. IF it were USB2 however, it could carry 192khz.
http://www.myspace.com/studiodekadent, Cubase 4/TC Powercore X8/MOTU PCIe424 with 24io/MOTU MIDI Express 128

crufty

Post by crufty » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:13 pm

doh! I stand corrected, thanks for that! I had somewhat naively assumed thats what it could do, but reading through the menus, yup. :oops: