i made a cradle for my machinedrum

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
9mm

Post by 9mm » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:38 pm

hageir wrote:
9mm wrote:maybe it needs a color lcd display on a hinge... :roll:
ewwwww :puke:
those are so yamaha-workstation-restaurant-band-90's-piano-patch-disgusting! :D

like this:

I love the minimal, black on red/orangeish 8-bit screen with those crispy fonts..
I LOVE IT!

good job by the way!

haha. i was thinking more MPC style...as if there werent enough clones in that competition.
AX60|AX80|JD990|S612+MD280|SQ80|Micron|ER1mkII|RY30|TG33|VT1

Wanted: super bass station, drum station v2 or d-station, evolver

immigrantboy

Post by immigrantboy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 pm

I saw this on Matrix Synth and thought it was pretty cool! I've been thinking about making a cradle for my synths with a handle and strap pegs so I can use them as a keytar without damaging the case. Thanks for showing this, its quite inspiring.
Main Gear: Korg M500, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha PSS-480, sitar, cassette tapes
Toys: Casio PT-87, Casio SA-40 "Magical Dial", Casio Rapman, "The Crappy Keyboard"

Tardis

Post by Tardis » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:27 pm

Your Machinedrum cradle look great! Good job man! :)
It reminds me of the wood sides I made for my Mobius...
"When natural inclination develops into a passionate desire, one advances towards his goal in seven-league boots." ~Nikola Tesla~

immigrantboy

Post by immigrantboy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Oh yeah, I have one little tiny suggestion. You may want to consider putting furniture felts or rubber pads on the inside planes, so you don't scratch or ding up the front and sides of the drum machine.

Or at least be very gentle when putting it in (as if that needed to be said). Then again, I don't know how precious the chassis is, but its just a thought.
Main Gear: Korg M500, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha PSS-480, sitar, cassette tapes
Toys: Casio PT-87, Casio SA-40 "Magical Dial", Casio Rapman, "The Crappy Keyboard"

BlackGnosis
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: See signature image.
Band: Eridani V

Post by BlackGnosis » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:45 am

Damn purdy cradle!

start a business?
Ashe37 wrote:I find it funny that you're a guitar pedal snob and yet don't own a single analog synth.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt
Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom
NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080
MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex
Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:31 am

Tardis wrote:Your Machinedrum cradle look great! Good job man! :)
It reminds me of the wood sides I made for my Mobius...
cool, that should looks good next to each other.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Post by Syn303 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:17 am

derma_tek wrote:
derma_tek wrote:ok if anyone else wants one of these cradles for their monomachine mk1 or machinedrum mk1 it'll be $85 and i'll pay the shipping. PM me if interested.

$85 for four pieces of wood nailed together with a bit stain and some varnish. ok if you live in the usa but simply viable here in the uk.
| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:35 pm

Syn303 wrote:
derma_tek wrote:
derma_tek wrote:ok if anyone else wants one of these cradles for their monomachine mk1 or machinedrum mk1 it'll be $85 and i'll pay the shipping. PM me if interested.

$85 for four pieces of wood nailed together with a bit stain and some varnish. ok if you live in the usa but simply viable here in the uk.
Yeah, way to just dismiss his work as worth nothing.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

derma_tek
Band: Derma-Tek

Post by derma_tek » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:20 pm

Syn303 wrote:
derma_tek wrote:

i'm not forcing anyone to buy these, and that price is simply based on materials and my time, some people aren't as handy with tools as others, so you pay for convience.
i honestly had no intention of selling any, i just wanted to show people on here because i knew they'd appreciate it. it just so happens that i got a few requests to build them for other people so i decided to offer it to everyone, and for the people that are not interested, perhaps the pictures were enough to inspire them to build their own.

xibalba

Post by xibalba » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:53 pm

i think the man should charge what he wants after all it is his time and suppiles, its a beautiful thing you have built there.

and just take a cue from family guy if you dont like the price

"That machinedrum cradle may be worth 85 bucks to you, but to me its worthless!"

original quote Peter: Lois may be worth a million bucks to you, but to me she's worthless

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Post by Syn303 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:41 pm

derma_tek wrote:i'm not forcing anyone to buy these, and that price is simply based on materials and my time, some people aren't as handy with tools as others, so you pay for convience.
i honestly had no intention of selling any, i just wanted to show people on here because i knew they'd appreciate it. it just so happens that i got a few requests to build them for other people so i decided to offer it to everyone, and for the people that are not interested, perhaps the pictures were enough to inspire them to build their own.

Yeah fair statement and good luck on your venture.
| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |

UTEPguy

Post by UTEPguy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:53 pm

Syn303 wrote:
derma_tek wrote:

Aghh, why cant people just appreciate others work? I have made cradles and stands for my desktop synths as well as casings for them... can take quite a time.
Synth arsenal: Fusion 6HD, JX-8P + pg-800, XP-10, and MS-2000.

Analogicus

Post by Analogicus » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:56 pm

UTEPguy wrote:
Aghh, why cant people just appreciate others work? I have made cradles and stands for my desktop synths as well as casings for them... can take quite a time.
I'll jump in and appreciate others work… the cradle looks really nice, especially in the pic with the Machinedrum sitting in it. I've put together a few wood cases of my own and none look that nice.
Latest Addition: Harvestman Malgorithm

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01
& more!
Band: killedaway/allyourblood

Post by killedaway » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:31 am

i first read that you wanted 85 bucks and thought, "that's all?" i honestly expected you to say 100 dollars, at least. something like that would likely take me all day!

derma_tek
Band: Derma-Tek

Post by derma_tek » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:13 pm

killedaway wrote:i first read that you wanted 85 bucks and thought, "that's all?" i honestly expected you to say 100 dollars, at least. something like that would likely take me all day!
well i'm not trying to get rich, just trying to justify the time involved, plus everyone [for the most part :)] on here is very helpful and very cool, there's no reason to rip anyone off.

so once again, thanks guys for all the nice comments.