clavia nord electro Vs. e-mu vintage keys pro

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
scimmiamk

clavia nord electro Vs. e-mu vintage keys pro

Post by scimmiamk » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi there,
I'm considering the opportunity of selling my beloved clavia nord electro 2 in order to save some money for december when it will hopefully be distributed the Linndrum II that I'm lusting for.
The fact is that I really depend a lot on the organ and electric piano sounds from the clavia, I've never played the e-mu vintage pro and I was wondering if any of you may know if it's in the same league with the nord electro.
Thanks in advance

King Julien

Post by King Julien » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:22 pm

not even close

scimmiamk

Post by scimmiamk » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:27 pm

thanks

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:39 pm

even not in the same league in many areas, but if can be found for cheap it would make a nice budget module for the task.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

ReaPeR
Gear: Fusion 6HD
Waldorf Q Rack
DSI Evolver Desktop
Roland VK-8m

and other various FX/softhings

Post by ReaPeR » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:15 pm

if you really like it, don't sell or you will regret it!

sequence

Post by sequence » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:49 pm

crystalmsc wrote:even not in the same league in many areas, but if can be found for cheap it would make a nice budget module for the task.
+1 on that, esp if one already has a Proteus 2000 compatible unit and has space for the VK ROM. Dont be too tough on it, for it does organs and others like the Mellotron quite nicely.
twentyfirst century fizMO man

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:31 pm

The Roland "60's and 70's" JV expansion board also had some good sample-based EP's and Organs.

I'm wondering now what IS in the same league for overdriven B3's, and Rhodes or Wurly EP's, when it comes to comparison with the Nord Electro. I know the Kurzweil line doesn't quite stack up. VSTi-wise, there's B4 and maybe EVP88 or mda ePiano. I guess if you're going the VSTi route, is it better to use samples or algorithmic?
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

spookyman
Gear: cheezy machines and some cheap analog stuff

Post by spookyman » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:21 am

The new Kurzweil PC3 will certainly be a very serious board. Fullfilled with vintage pianos, organs, synths, etc...

I never tryed it (it was only shown at the winter NAMM) but i hope to try it in Frankfurt in march ;-)
It is much easier to be a good equipment purchaser than to be a great musician.

elsongs

Post by elsongs » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:39 am

Solderman wrote:The Roland "60's and 70's" JV expansion board also had some good sample-based EP's and Organs.
I had that board for my Roland JV module. It had nice Rhodes sounds, albeit unfortunately the best ones had a low, noisy output. It was a nice card, save for the velocity-sensitivity in the Hammond Organ patches (WTF Roland?)

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:13 am

I had a Vintage Pro. I also have owned a couple of Wurlies and a Mk I Suitcase. IMO the Vintage Pro Rhodes sounds are c**p and the Wurlie is just ok. I much prefer Yamaha Motif or Nord Electro for those sounds.

- CM