Just bought an Alesis Andromeda

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
jim777
Gear: COWBELL!
(Motif6, ION. V-Synth, Fusion 8HD)

Post by jim777 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:06 pm

soundxplorer wrote:
felis wrote:If that's so, I wonder if Alesis would be able to make an analog synth similar in price, size and features to the Micron? Even if it was a mono, it'd be cool.
Coming soon, to a dream near you.

If it was more like the OMNI than the Micron, I'd DEFINITELY take one :D

Nice work, that mock-up looks great man!
even Siberia goes through the motions....

stillearning

Post by stillearning » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:00 am

tallowwaters wrote:
JUGEL wrote:
Architecture wrote:I can't imagine why would people just spend thousands of dollars on synths, and not make any music with them. Thats such a waste.
Just because you don't hit record doesn't mean that you aren't making music.. It's a spiritual thing. Everything doesn't have to be a "product".

I am more bothered by people that get their feet wet too soon and play too many shows of the some contrived idea. Back in my punkrock days .. I called them "Peavey Bands". Punchie, exciting sounding .. but wears off like chewing gum after 4 songs..

I think more people should hide in their rooms to be honest.. I mean that more in a figurative way..

um .. go Andromeda!! yip yip. ugly thing..
and despite what an opinionated a*s you can be, this is why i like you.
+1
As always, kindly allow for the possibility I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Entropy Farmer

Post by Entropy Farmer » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:36 am

Carey M wrote:BUT... If the Andro had a more "vintage" look, I can imagine being more interested in it initially, before I've even had the chance to try it out. For example, if the Andy looked like a Jupiter 8 (one of the greatest synth designs IMO), maybe I'd already had one, and not just think about getting one... I can see myself being subliminally affected by synthesizers looks...
Bleh. I love the way the A6 looks. JP-8 does nothing for me - it's like the one synth I have negative GAS for. You know what else I don't like? Wood end caps.

SWAN

Post by SWAN » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:53 am

Entropy Farmer wrote:You know what else I don't like? Wood end caps.
"gasp"....! ;)

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:01 pm

soundxplorer wrote:Image
cool worx :lol: something like that with a VST editor with an access to the multimode stereo analog filter would be nice :wink:
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Pighood

Post by Pighood » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:35 am

Reminds me of the Novation F-Station. :shock:
Triton Pro * V-Synth * Q * Andromeda * Fizmo * MEK * Virus TI * A-100 * X-Station