Replacing my JX-10

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Hossinfeffa
Gear: Roland D-50, MT-32, Korg DSS-1, DDD-1, MS-20, Yamaha FB-01, PSS-560, Akai AX-80, MfB 522, Arturia MiniBrute

Post by Hossinfeffa » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:18 am

Mr. Black wrote:That's beyond Lowball $50!!!!! this is when Ebay becomes your friend,my advice to anyone reluctant,or concerned with packing, and shipping synth's even larger one's (like the JX10) just get your hands dirty and do it properly,I have been able to find or create boxs to fit the item at will,bubble wrap,stuff as much peanuts,newspaper possible inside, tape it up inside and out, if something did happen you know you did your best to prevent any damage.I bought a D70 dirt cheap off ebay 8 years ago,listed in excellent condition,firgured why not he was'nt a noob seller either,well when it arrived it wasn't even packed he must have just tossed it in a box and taped it closed, the right side by the pitch bend had a dent, and it made a low humming noise,but ya it did look in new condition,when i contacted him and told him what i thought of his packing job he got very offended and told me that's how he ships everything he sell's and that i should have insured it,I was shocked that he felt this was exceptable.
When I got my D-50 it was packaged up by Staples really nicely. And I'm talking about the business Staples, not staples from a stapler. I didn't know Staples had a packaging service but it seems really good. Don't know if it's pricey or not though.
Well fffff.

Italo_DX

Post by Italo_DX » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:49 am

My ESQ-1 was utterly destroyed during shipping - I never got to play it. I got my money back but the whole process was a hassle. :-(
Yamaha SY77
Casio CZ-3000
Casio SA-5
BOSS DR-220E
Previously owned: Yamaha DX21, Roland JX-3P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Roland D-50

Hossinfeffa
Gear: Roland D-50, MT-32, Korg DSS-1, DDD-1, MS-20, Yamaha FB-01, PSS-560, Akai AX-80, MfB 522, Arturia MiniBrute

Post by Hossinfeffa » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:25 am

Italo_DX wrote:My ESQ-1 was utterly destroyed during shipping - I never got to play it. I got my money back but the whole process was a hassle. :-(
That must kill. You wait eagerly to finally get to play it and then you open the box up to a busted synth.
Well fffff.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:59 pm

ApolloBoy wrote:I fixed it in less than 2 hours and spent nothing to fix it. Shows him. :lol:
great to hear that it finally works out. sometime a simple fix is what's all about..it just not as bad as it seems :wink:
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

ApolloBoy
Gear: Korg ARP Odyssey
Korg Minilogue
Korg Monotron
Korg Volca Beats
Roland Jupiter-4
Roland JX-10
Squier P-Bass
Yamaha CS01
Yamaha CS-10

Post by ApolloBoy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:37 am

crystalmsc wrote:
ApolloBoy wrote:I fixed it in less than 2 hours and spent nothing to fix it. Shows him. :lol:
great to hear that it finally works out. sometime a simple fix is what's all about..it just not as bad as it seems :wink:
Heh, I remember his first email to me; he said that it had "lots of problems" after I told him about the two issues and the missing screws (which have always been missing, even when I bought it). Now who knows this JX-10 better, me (who has owned it for almost 4 years) or him? LOL.
Had: DX7, AX-60, SR-16, Yamaha TQ5, 01/WFD, Juno-106, MG-1, JX-03
Want: OB-6, Prophet 6, Jupiter-6