The Casio VZ-10m. Are you man enough?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
AstroDan

Post by AstroDan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:16 am

minime123 wrote:theres no data entry fader
The biggest mistake for all these Casio. These are such incredible sounding synths and can do so much, but that holding down the button business for every parameter is tedi-f**k-ous. It's like setting an alarm clock.
Too futurist to live.

minime123
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by minime123 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:25 pm

nice alarm clock analogy. why do they do that w alarm clocks anyway? do they assume that people usually get up the same time every day? i wonder how much of my life will be spent setting my freaking alarm clock. but a scarier thought is how much of my life will i have waited on line at the post office? eh, lets not think about that. youd think casio would have let you press both buttons at once for faster scrolling, but no. so this is 1 reason i like the vz better than the cz. since my oberheim xpander programming clip on youtube got such a great response, i was thinking about putting up a casio cz programming video as well, just to show that you can do it fast if youre really familiar with the instrument. maybe soon.... if and when time allows!
mini
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER
- We Buy Sell Trade Repair Vintage Synths
- We Buy Broken Gear & Parts Too...
- Huge Selection, Dependable Service
- https://tonetweakers.com

rockmanrock

Post by rockmanrock » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:00 pm

The CZ101 is pretty speedy to program I think, a slider would make things easier but you soon get used to holding those buttons down and dabbing them. There are plenty of buttons and not too many menus, loads better than my TX81Z. The VZ-8M I had was rather vile to program so that went back on Ebay pretty sharpish. The CZ sound has more character to it I think, especially with the rezzy waveforms.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:57 am

Mini, just remember to include those patch notes.