Little Phatty Stage II

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
rivas3
Band: Bad Employees

Little Phatty Stage II

Post by rivas3 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:48 am

http://www.moogmusic.com/detail.php?mai ... t_id=21113

being a little phatty owner already i am more interested in these options being available in the next OS update, which seems in the works and with this being released i am hoping that it will be soon. seems that lfo sync and arpeggiator will be doable through the update. i got to say that its nice to have a representative, amos, from a company actually interacting with the users, and listening to them!

sentientprogram
Gear: Pro 2, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, Prophet 12, El Capistan, blueSky, Deco, Abelton Live, DX7, RX15, TR-8, Metasonix F-1, MF Drive.

Re: Little Phatty Stage II

Post by sentientprogram » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:17 am

rivas3 wrote:http://www.moogmusic.com/detail.php?mai ... t_id=21113

being a little phatty owner already i am more interested in these options being available in the next OS update, which seems in the works and with this being released i am hoping that it will be soon. seems that lfo sync and arpeggiator will be doable through the update. i got to say that its nice to have a representative, amos, from a company actually interacting with the users, and listening to them!
Damn it, you just gave me GAS. :shock:

polardark

Post by polardark » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:41 am

Very nice. Still no pleasing way to fit it in a modular rig though. I'm crossing my fingers for a Moog Voyager OS Rack :/

sheepmusic

Post by sheepmusic » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:57 am

this can't be happening..... i just got over LP GAS (pun intended) and they go and release a cooler one.... i'm feeling the GAS pain all over again.... :x
Roland FP-5 - Korg Poly-800 (reverse keys) - Korg Mono/Poly, M-Audio Ozone
Zoom RFX-1000

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:05 am

sheepmusic wrote:this can't be happening..... i just got over LP GAS...
You sir, deserve a medal for that one! :lol:

soundxplorer

Post by soundxplorer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:51 pm

I hope more manufacturers start using USB ports. How about a sampler like the ESX Electribe that you can just plug your USB keychain drive into.

rivas3

Post by rivas3 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:15 pm

yeah, usb connectivity to todays synths seems like a no brainer. best of both worlds i think. analog sound, digital control. you mention the esx sampler, i was just thinking today about the akai line, the newer mpcs, i assume you can drop samples into them. dont forget about the s5000/6000 had usb back in the day, i use an s5000 still. also the elektron md-uw, not exactly usb but they have a seperate device, turbo midi, or just an m-audio uno works great also. and if you use midi in your studio that cable is a must, comes in handy all the time.

derma_tek
Band: Derma-Tek

Post by derma_tek » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:21 pm

damnit i just want an os update with these features. I don't care about the usb, but the arp and lfo sync i've been wanting since i first got my LP, hopefully we get that soon...

TJR

Post by TJR » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:42 pm

derma_tek wrote:damnit i just want an os update with these features. I don't care about the usb, but the arp and lfo sync i've been wanting since i first got my LP, hopefully we get that soon...
ya, im dieing for that new OS too, hope it's soon, like by the end of April at the latest!
SE-1x, Little Phatty, Virus TI, Jupiter 6 (Europa Mod), DM-Pro, Machinedrum UW, Frostwave Fat Controller, Filterbank 2, Yamaha O1V

smallsynth
Gear: jp03, dx21, bass station, k-station, gnat, buzz, cs01-mkii, eml-101, eh-401
Band: resterisk

Post by smallsynth » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:13 pm

i like (want) all five new features!

- MIDI over USB
- MIDI Clock Sync
- Arpeggiator
- Tap Tempo
- New Black Finish

Neonlights84
Gear: Moog Minimoog Model D
Behringer DeepMind12
Novation UltraNova
Korg MS20 mini
Korg EMX-1
Band: Winter's Glow

Post by Neonlights84 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:10 pm

smallsynth wrote:i like (want) all five new features!

- MIDI over USB
- MIDI Clock Sync
- Arpeggiator
- Tap Tempo
- New Black Finish
The only ones that interest me are the arpeggiator and tap tempo...oh well.
Gear: Novation Ultranova, Korg Monotribe, Korg Electribe EMX-1, Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy, Lexicon MX200.

smallsynth
Gear: jp03, dx21, bass station, k-station, gnat, buzz, cs01-mkii, eml-101, eh-401
Band: resterisk

Post by smallsynth » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:00 pm

well, those are my favs as well. but i wouldn't turn the others away. were it but those two, i'd want it just the same. maybe imperceptibly less.

-geoffrey smallsynth

Neonlights84
Gear: Moog Minimoog Model D
Behringer DeepMind12
Novation UltraNova
Korg MS20 mini
Korg EMX-1
Band: Winter's Glow

Post by Neonlights84 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:03 pm

smallsynth wrote:well, those are my favs as well. but i wouldn't turn the others away. were it but those two, i'd want it just the same. maybe imperceptibly less.

-geoffrey smallsynth
So of course i buy mine and not but 3 weeks later theres a new, shinier LP stage with an arpeggiator and an obsidian finish... :(
Gear: Novation Ultranova, Korg Monotribe, Korg Electribe EMX-1, Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy, Lexicon MX200.

Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Post by Johnny Lenin » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:58 am

I've been looking at the LP for a year now. Every time I pass a msic store, I go in to see if there's one I can play with. But it's an expensive beast, so I found ways to justify not going into debt over one. "It sounds great," I said, "But I'd really want something with an arpeggiator." I'd thunk about it some more and then I'd tell myself "I could make some really cool sounds on that, but if I can't sync the LFO to midi... naw... I'll take a pass... after all, unless I could tap-set the tempo, playing live with a non-Midi band would be a bit of a pain..." And then I told myself that that dull greige and silver finish just didn't work for me.

I was satisfied that I had some very good reasons to not spend $1250 that I don't have, despite the fact that I really like the LP sound and interface.

And now what?

DAMN YOU MOOG MUSIC! DO YOU WANT MY MONEY THAT BADLY?

rivas3

Post by rivas3 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:14 pm

here is a question that has been on my mind... since they charge for their editor librarian, will the OS update be a free update, or will it come at a price? will we need the editor librarian in order to update? it should be free!!! but will it?