Little Phatty Stage II

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
derma_tek
Band: Derma-Tek

Post by derma_tek » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:34 pm

rivas3 wrote:here is a question that has been on my mind... since they charge for their editor librarian, will the OS update be a free update, or will it come at a price? will we need the editor librarian in order to update? it should be free!!! but will it?
-the os update will be free.
-you don't need the librarian to load the os, any sysex program will do http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
-also just fyi there has been talk of a hardware upgrade path on the moog forum, which would add the usb port.

miket156

Post by miket156 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:34 pm

Quote by Johnny Lenin:

"I've been looking at the LP for a year now. Every time I pass a msic store, I go in to see if there's one I can play with. But it's an expensive beast, so I found ways to justify not going into debt over one."

The above statement demonstrates just how spoiled today's synth players really are. My first synth was a Mini Moog back in the early seventies, it cost me something like 1650.00. Keep in mind what the wages were back in those days. What was minimum wage back then $1.35 an hour? I don't remember anymore. I had to borrow money, and do a LOT of things (work) to get that synth. Folks today have it made when you compare the synths of the old days relative cost to whats out there now.

I paid over 4 grand for a Oberheim OBX in the late seventes. Do the math, and you'll find that in today's $$$ it was almost as expensive as a Korg Oasys. We get a lot of bang for the buck these days for a lot less $$$.

Mike T.

Villi
Gear: Yamaha RS7000 & DX200, Quasimidi Sirius, Casio CZ5000

Post by Villi » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:18 pm

Wasn't it just about as "high-end" as the Oasys is today back then too?

esqoner

Post by esqoner » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:30 pm

yes. we live in an very "entitled" country.

f**k this synth dude, it can't even make me toast

nadafarms
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by nadafarms » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:43 pm

how the ef will you do tap tempo? is there going to be a new button on the mkII for tapping the tempo? will you need to plug in a midi pedal or something?

thanks
for sale/trade: EML-101