Weapon Superiority

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
mome rath
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by mome rath » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:55 am

evolver :: 909 :: fender strat/tonelab

cops came to my door to be greeted by me in my underpants, carrying my chaton

"noise?"
:x
god elton can't you suck

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:52 am

I once saw a video with a buchla run trough that quad sherman filter and then into another device that I have no idea what was, but the sound, I never thought anything that cost 10000+ could even remotely sound so bad. the guys were covering their ears while the engineer turning some knobs, and there was a sweet (or should I say, bitter?) spot where he hit the sharpest, most ear-pierceing noise i've ever heard, and I don't think he was expecting this as he jumped over to the mixer and turned off the sound, then fell to the floor in the fetal position, covering his ears, screaming his lungs out :)

me? I've never had the pleasure of doing anything like that, but the combination of hard compression + decimator + high resonance on the ESX effect-section can get so nasty I can't bear working for more than 10 seconds at a time :p

if my goal was to f**k up spound to the brink of ears popping, I'd get an evolver+sherman+birman/alienator/antenna, as they give quite the sound for way less than buchla money

portland
Gear: Elektron Machinedrum UW+, GEM S2, Roland S-760, Korg SDD-3300, Kawai Q-80, Yamaha TG-77, Yamaha 01x, Adam A7s, Logic Studio, Reaktor 5
Band: Romeo Alfa

Post by portland » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:07 am

1) Mac OS X GM soundset
These sounds are SO REALISTIC that people will fear your black magic. It transcends sampling, it's voodoo sound. The vibrato especially, it perfectly emulates REAL INSTRUMENTS.

2) Emu Proteus/1
It has the THWACK! snare. THWACK!. THWACK!.

3) My orchestra hit samples
ORCH HITS HIT YOU HARD!!!

4)Touching a patch cable to your naked skin.

wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: .com, mpc, and a studio full of behringer clones.

Post by wiss » Sun Mar 30, 2008 5:11 am

my theremin thru a fender bassman amp
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."

aeon

Post by aeon » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:02 am

• Eventide H8000FW
  • Foxrox ZIM
  • Clavia Nord Modular

cheers,
Ian

drummy
Gear: Univox K-2 Mini-Korg 2
Location: Northfield, Illinois or Milwaukee, Wisconsin (I go back and forth a lot)

Post by drummy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:49 am

TrondC wrote:I once saw a video with a buchla run trough that quad sherman filter and then into another device that I have no idea what was, but the sound, I never thought anything that cost 10000+ could even remotely sound so bad. the guys were covering their ears while the engineer turning some knobs, and there was a sweet (or should I say, bitter?) spot where he hit the sharpest, most ear-pierceing noise i've ever heard, and I don't think he was expecting this as he jumped over to the mixer and turned off the sound, then fell to the floor in the fetal position, covering his ears, screaming his lungs out :)
I would like to see this video.

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:46 am

drummy wrote:
TrondC wrote:I once saw a video with a buchla run trough that quad sherman filter and then into another device that I have no idea what was, but the sound, I never thought anything that cost 10000+ could even remotely sound so bad. the guys were covering their ears while the engineer turning some knobs, and there was a sweet (or should I say, bitter?) spot where he hit the sharpest, most ear-pierceing noise i've ever heard, and I don't think he was expecting this as he jumped over to the mixer and turned off the sound, then fell to the floor in the fetal position, covering his ears, screaming his lungs out :)
I would like to see this video.
yeah I searched high and low, but I have no idea where I found it, but I remember I was searching for sherman filterbank videos, so that may be a good place to start looking :) I think the latter part of the video was meant to be a joke tho, considering he turned the sound off first :) I want a quad sherman filterbank ;)