Electribes discontinued?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
stephen
Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Electribes discontinued?

Post by stephen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:45 pm

I read on the Korg Forums that electribes have been discontinued... anyone heard anything else?

I wonder if there's a new tribe waiting in the wings.... with built-in kaoss pad perhaps, and an SD card slot!
Stephen(2)

voltageHead

Post by voltageHead » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:01 pm

I new electribe from korg would be sweet.I would like a bumped up version of the ER1.With more outputs maybe like 8 and be more like the roland tr and jomox stuff with better compression and wicked live features.

stephen
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Post by stephen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:21 pm

new electribe from korg would be sweet.I would like a bumped up version of the ER1.With more outputs maybe like 8 and be more like the roland tr and jomox stuff with better compression and wicked live features.
ER-909 then :)

I wouldn't be surprised if any new electribe would be both sampler and synth based... And a polyphonic sequencer at last?? I still think they'd incorporate a kaoss pad type f/x interface too.

Perhaps another option would be just to re-house the radias into a sequencer box, but wouldn't that be pretty close to the EMX anyway?
Stephen(2)

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:22 pm

I'm thinking they will introduce a more fleshed out version of the Kaossilator...multiple tracks, some sort of synthesis (as opposed to roms), kaoss pad, etc. That would be a great idea and I think, would do well.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

JackAstro

Post by JackAstro » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:00 pm

stephen wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if any new electribe would be both sampler and synth based... And a polyphonic sequencer at last?? I still think they'd incorporate a kaoss pad type f/x interface too.

Perhaps another option would be just to re-house the radias into a sequencer box, but wouldn't that be pretty close to the EMX anyway?
Yeah, an EMX with Radius sounds!! I so want one of those. And let me use filters on the drums. And replace the arpeggiator with a kaossilator. There, that is what I want Korg to make. And so do a million other Korg fans.

I love my EMX. It is a well used piece of gear. I am not looking to replace it, but I would like something to compliment it.

9mm

Post by 9mm » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:33 pm

hoping for an ESX with better storage medium, usb to load samples from a computer and a real lcd screen...
AX60|AX80|JD990|S612+MD280|SQ80|Micron|ER1mkII|RY30|TG33|VT1

Wanted: super bass station, drum station v2 or d-station, evolver

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:37 pm

stephen wrote:
new electribe from korg would be sweet.I would like a bumped up version of the ER1.With more outputs maybe like 8 and be more like the roland tr and jomox stuff with better compression and wicked live features.
I wouldn't be surprised if any new electribe would be both sampler and synth based... And a polyphonic sequencer at last?? I still think they'd incorporate a kaoss pad type f/x interface too.
This is exactly what I'm hoping for :)

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:38 pm

9mm wrote:hoping for an ESX with better storage medium, usb to load samples from a computer and a real lcd screen...
I hope they don't have a "real" lcd screen actually. That would translate to too much menu diving, page scrolling, and other non inspiring things that are best left to a laptop.

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:48 pm

either way, they should release something that mixes the electribes and the kaoss-interfaces. if they make a kaossilator with midi, storage, better pattern editing etc, I'm all over it. If they make a new electribe-based thing, like a ESX and EMX in one box with better sequencing resolution and CF slots, along with a built in kaossilator-interface that can control the synth, I'm ready to sell my kidney and then some :)

9mm

Post by 9mm » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:36 am

supermel74 wrote:
9mm wrote:hoping for an ESX with better storage medium, usb to load samples from a computer and a real lcd screen...
I hope they don't have a "real" lcd screen actually. That would translate to too much menu diving, page scrolling, and other non inspiring things that are best left to a laptop.

not for parameters, still hope they keep that on the front panel. mainly just for patch and sample names. much easier to scroll through than 2 digit led. and would be nice for showing envelope shapes, etc
AX60|AX80|JD990|S612+MD280|SQ80|Micron|ER1mkII|RY30|TG33|VT1

Wanted: super bass station, drum station v2 or d-station, evolver

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:42 am

9mm wrote:
supermel74 wrote:

not for parameters, still hope they keep that on the front panel. mainly just for patch and sample names. much easier to scroll through than 2 digit led. and would be nice for showing envelope shapes, etc
I hear you. I just don't want an MC-909 style screen. I had one, and it did everything I wanted, but it just never felt right. I always felt like I was using a multitrack recorder more than an instrument. I know it's all in my head, but I just like the immediacy of the tribes.

polardark

Post by polardark » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:48 am

I very much like my ER1 because it's a real phase modulation drum synthesizer. Sometimes Korg releases these cool oddball things but i don't think they'll do it over and over again. The ER1 phase modulation drum synthesizers are clearly a part of history already but one should think that the groovebox market isn't quite dead yet.

Maybe they'll release something simpler and low end instead like a kaossilator level groovebox.

stephen
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Post by stephen » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:48 am

polardark wrote: The ER1 phase modulation drum synthesizers are clearly a part of history already but one should think that the groovebox market isn't quite dead yet.
I'm wondering if Korg might think the traditional groovebox format needs shaking up? I can't see them *not* bringing out a replacement product for the emx/esx.
Stephen(2)

Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE

Post by Joey » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:06 pm

I'd like to see them bring out an EMX/ER combination without the synth parts of the EMX, just something with drum synthesis and PCM drums.

Then i'd buy another electribe.
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:29 pm

polardark wrote:
Maybe they'll release something simpler and low end instead like a kaossilator level groovebox.
Wasn't that the Kaossilator? To me, the success of that device (to be determined) will dictate what they do in the future.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad