Waldorf MicroQ Rack Synth - good for glitch drums?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
the other guy

Waldorf MicroQ Rack Synth - good for glitch drums?

Post by the other guy » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:40 pm

I've been using a Yamaha TX802 FM Tone Generator pretty much as a glitch drumkit module. Which is working out great except I have to edit everything via software.

I'm looking for something with some hands on knobish action and I'm wondering whether the Waldorf MicroQ Rack Synth would be good to use for glitchy drum sounds?

Any thoughts?

Amos

Post by Amos » Thu May 01, 2008 2:51 pm

yes it's awesome for glitch, you can use these crazy mathematical operators as modulation sources and get hellacious glitch from the microQ rack.

Unfortunately it only has like 4 knobs and must be edited from a matrix-stayle arrangement if you want to use the panel to program it... so you're still better off using an editor. There are some good free editors for it though. I think the q makes some really great punchy drums, especially if you get in there and program its powerful synth engine yourself.
"The tb-303 sounds like poo and I think I could sell it for way more if I need some gas money, but no other poo sounds as pooey as it, plus it has a sequencer..." - Zamise