Novation K Station and KS4/5 user thoughts.

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
t.o.t.s.

Post by t.o.t.s. » Wed May 21, 2008 3:56 pm

I'm looking on their site but dont see the D-5 you're mentioning... has it been rebranded or replaced with a newer version?
totsland.net / chvad.com / 8bitaudio.net / darksonus.com / invisiblerecords.com
Moog LP, SCI Six-Trak, Roland RS09, Crumar Performer, PAIA Fatman, Korg EX-8000, Waldorf µwaveXTK, Novation K-Station, XioSynth, KS4, Alesis Ion, Korg ER-1, Etherwave, MidiNES

clubbedtodeath
No Longer Registered

Post by clubbedtodeath » Wed May 21, 2008 6:32 pm

How did you find taking the KS apart? Pretty straightforward?

t.o.t.s.

Post by t.o.t.s. » Wed May 21, 2008 7:57 pm

REALLY easy. You've got a set of screws around the parameter (2 on the sides, 5 in the back lip and one in the center of the chasis). The top literally lifts off at that point only connected by a ribbon cable. A PCB, a separate power supply and the keybed are attached to the chasis while the knobs and wheels assembly are attached to the upper part of the synth. It's laid out very clean and easy to get around. i was worried at first opening it but honestly, it is seriously tidy in the interior.
totsland.net / chvad.com / 8bitaudio.net / darksonus.com / invisiblerecords.com
Moog LP, SCI Six-Trak, Roland RS09, Crumar Performer, PAIA Fatman, Korg EX-8000, Waldorf µwaveXTK, Novation K-Station, XioSynth, KS4, Alesis Ion, Korg ER-1, Etherwave, MidiNES

Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Blue Monster 65 » Thu May 22, 2008 4:40 am

Here: http://store.caig.com/s.nl;jsessionid=0 ... tegory=188

No longer called D5 - sorry!

I've still got cans of it from ... well ... I've still got a couple of cans left! :lol: Yes, I used to buy it in bulk ... sigh ...

PM if you need to, OK TOTS?

Woof! - Scott
Muhahahahahahahahaha!

brian.only
Gear: Mono/Poly, Polysix, Crumar Performer, Juno106, Ion, CS01, K Station, DX27,77' Rhodes 88 mk1

Post by brian.only » Wed May 28, 2008 4:22 am

The new stuff Deoxit is selling for pots is called Fader Lube now, its kinda hard to find in any volume greater than tiny as its always sold out (even online) most places...
I think it used to be called MCL so it might be different than the D5 mentioned before.
sell me your KS5!

johnmajor

Post by johnmajor » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:10 pm

im noob about synths and got the KS4 2 weeks ago. Jst recently started mucking about with the vocoder. I tried tweaking the vocoder level to make a clearer sound ie clearer pronunciations of the words, but the words usually come out inaudible with the melody or the words (monotonous) comes out above the melody. I dont understand the sylable setting on the menu as well.

is there some other things u guys can recommend to improve the vocoder sound, like what program/voice number to use? a sawtooth lead worked best so far but no too well. :(

shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Whips chains waxes oils dildos DMT TNT the LHC, and a black rubber duckie
Band: moneymoneymoney

Post by shaft9000 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:24 am

johnmajor wrote:
is there some other things u guys can recommend to improve the vocoder sound, like what program/voice number to use? a sawtooth lead worked best so far but no too well. :(
with vocoders in general, the mic and input preamp make a huge difference. So before the synth comes into play it needs a good hot signal to work with.
using compression and eq on the voice can help, but the mic+preamp is the crucial thing imo.
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies