Acidlab Bassline

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
xonox

Post by xonox » Tue May 20, 2008 5:49 pm

TrondC wrote:
xonox wrote:Other nice things to know about the bassline 1 :
You can manually turn on accenting by pressing the accent button while in play mode.

You can mess with the pattern length and timing switches in realtime for more fun. Pattern switching is instant, you can play part of one pattern and switch to another.

Midi sync is very stable here. It's one of the most reliable midi sync i've come across. Don't know how perfect timing is but the device never loses sync or complain. Even when my workstation sends messed up timing info, it does that when saving big samples...
those are some neat tricks for sure, by instant pattern switching, do you mean it switches as soon as the current pattern is finished it's last step?
or can I switch whenever I want, say on step 10 so there's a new pattern starting where step 11 should be? if so, that's pretty awesome!!
I predict this will be a veeeery long wait, as I won't afford it until mid July... I want my acid!! :)
Yes, pattern switching is instant. Next step should be on the new pattern. Pattern won't restart, so if you're at step 10 and switch to another pattern, the next pattern will start at its 11th step.

Sadly, the bassline 2 does not have as many switches to change timing of patterns in real time. It does have several new cool things. Accent out is great if you want to drive another synth. I guess you could even hook up another analogue synth that has just cv/gate but use the accent gate output so the 2nd synth would only play notes on accents.

Fun trick i can't try because bassline 1 has no accent out.

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Post by Syn303 » Tue May 20, 2008 8:57 pm

Concept_Control wrote:The bassline1 (small with simple sequencer) is not available anymore.
this is not the case, the bassline 1 is still available but only in blue, no silver ones left. costs 390 euro + 17 shipping = £324 GBP.
| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Wed May 21, 2008 12:46 pm

Syn303 wrote:
Concept_Control wrote:The bassline1 (small with simple sequencer) is not available anymore.
this is not the case, the bassline 1 is still available but only in blue, no silver ones left. costs 390 euro + 17 shipping = £324 GBP.
hmr, I wanted the blue one anyway ;) But if they are selling out, I won't make it as I can't afford it until mid July :( and if I have to go with the bassline 2, that's another 160 Euro meaning I then won't afford it until mid August :( damn it sucks to be a student at times.
maybe I could try selling some stuff...

time to e-mail klaus again..

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed May 21, 2008 12:50 pm

Students can get credit cards easily. :oops:
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Korg KP3 & Zero 4

Post by TrondC » Wed May 21, 2008 12:56 pm

JSRockit wrote:Students can get credit cards easily. :oops:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

not that easy in Norway... I'll do some quick gear selling and order one asap in case there are any bassline 1's left...
anyone want my Microkorg, Boss PS-2 and Boss SYB-3? ;)

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:39 pm

how would it rate against a fat freebass or a deep bass nine.....

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Syn303 » Wed May 21, 2008 5:46 pm

princefan3 wrote:how would it rate against a fat freebass or a deep bass nine.....
raid your piggy bank, buy one and find out for yourself

princefan3

Post by princefan3 » Wed May 21, 2008 6:49 pm

saw one going for £ 265 at sound generation..quickly snapped up by someone.....

would like another similar sounding unit to go with my 303, to add oddities to the rythm...

love the tracks by the way syn...

xonox

Post by xonox » Thu May 22, 2008 1:14 am

princefan3 wrote:how would it rate against a fat freebass or a deep bass nine.....
You might want to take a look at this website : http://www.acidvoice.com/

Check out the audio on the acidlab webpage. I doubt many people will have both the acidlab and the freebass or deep bass nine...

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Korg KP3 & Zero 4

Post by TrondC » Sun May 25, 2008 2:13 pm

so, today I got a response from Klaus at Acidlab, and he said he had very few bassline 1's left, and he was definately not producing new ones anymore. BUT, he said he could reserve the last blue bassline 1 for me, what a nice guy!! I'll dump my microkorg then, and go for it as soon as I can! :)

AcIID AciD ACiIID aacCIID AciD ACId AcID !!!!!!!!!!!

needless to say, this made me a very, very happy camper :)

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Syn303 » Sun May 25, 2008 2:26 pm

TrondC wrote:so, today I got a response from Klaus at Acidlab, and he said he had very few bassline 1's left, and he was definately not producing new ones anymore. BUT, he said he could reserve the last blue bassline 1 for me, what a nice guy!! I'll dump my microkorg then, and go for it as soon as I can! :)

Lucky you, i've just ordered an Acidlab Bassline 2 (silver) :D

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Korg KP3 & Zero 4

Post by TrondC » Sun May 25, 2008 2:42 pm

Syn303 wrote:
TrondC wrote:so, today I got a response from Klaus at Acidlab, and he said he had very few bassline 1's left, and he was definately not producing new ones anymore. BUT, he said he could reserve the last blue bassline 1 for me, what a nice guy!! I'll dump my microkorg then, and go for it as soon as I can! :)

Lucky you, i've just ordered an Acidlab Bassline 2 (silver) :D
yeah, I'd go for the bassline 2 if I could afford it, but I guess sound should be about the same anyway, and I can live with the time-consuming sequencer :)

can't wait to hear your bassline 2 in action btw :)

xonox

Post by xonox » Sun May 25, 2008 5:55 pm

Would you guys mind sending me a pm once you made tracks with them ? Can't wait to hear what you'll make.

Congrats on your new purchases!

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Korg KP3 & Zero 4

Post by TrondC » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:52 am

Syn303 wrote:
TrondC wrote:oh, and does anyone know a picture of the output side of the bassline? Never seen the rear end I think..
On the back it's >

MIDI-IN | SYNC-OUT | CV | GATE | OUTPUT | HEADPHONES | 14V AC
allright sorry for bumping this thread back alive once again, but I just need to know one more thing: SYNC-OUT means DIN sync, yes? if so, this means one could sync the bassline to, say this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Boss-DR-110-dr110-a ... dZViewItem

I'm only asking as the whole world of connecting gear outside MIDI confuses me a little ;) I've done some quiet thinking, and from how I know things, the fact that the Bassline had MIDI IN and SYNC OUT means I could actually have, say my ESX, the Bassline and the above DIN-modded DR-110 in perfect sync?

as for me buying the bassline, I get my money in 9 days, and ordering the bassline is first priority, paying rent for my flat comes second ;)

oh how time just does not move fast enough... :lol:

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:44 am

TrondC wrote:
allright sorry for bumping this thread back alive once again, but I just need to know one more thing: SYNC-OUT means DIN sync, yes? if so, this means one could sync the bassline to, say this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Boss-DR-110-dr110-a ... dZViewItem

I'm only asking as the whole world of connecting gear outside MIDI confuses me a little ;) I've done some quiet thinking, and from how I know things, the fact that the Bassline had MIDI IN and SYNC OUT means I could actually have, say my ESX, the Bassline and the above DIN-modded DR-110 in perfect sync?

as for me buying the bassline, I get my money in 9 days, and ordering the bassline is first priority, paying rent for my flat comes second ;)

oh how time just does not move fast enough... :lol:
I'm pretty sure the bassline allows Midi sync or DIN sync, not both at the same time. I'm not positive though. E-mail them. The DIN sync DR-110 should work fine with the bassline.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad