If you... the hardest thread ever

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Jexus

If you... the hardest thread ever

Post by Jexus » Thu May 15, 2008 10:58 pm

I got a couple of questions for ya guys.

1.If you were to die in a couple of minutes, and you could tell all the people one truth about synthesizers and synthesis, something that could change the synth world for better, what would that be ? :shock:

2.If you were able to manufacture your synth in shape of an animal, which animal would your synth have the shape of? :shock:

3.If your synths could have children, which two synths would you crossbreed to bear you a new synth-species? :shock:

4.Do you think that in future synths will be so advanced and patterned after humans that they will have intestine inside instead of boards ? If not, what will they have ? :shock:

Jack Spider
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Gear: -
Bit One
Boss DR-220
Boss DR-660
DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard
Korg LP-10
Roland XP-50
Yamaha QX21

Post by Jack Spider » Thu May 15, 2008 11:25 pm

I can also hear the sound of the bottom of barrels being scraped around the world, Jexus.
I didn't get where I am today by posting on internet forums.
http://www.myspace.com/thegreenalsatian
http://www.soundclick.com/greenalsatian

Sir Ruff
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Two persimmon modulators and a frequency adjudicator.
Band: Ruff in the jungle

Post by Sir Ruff » Thu May 15, 2008 11:42 pm

I thought my "only one monosynth" thread (before it was deleted) was pretty sarcastic, but this takes the cake! :lol:
Do you even post on vse bro?

Yoozer
Expert Member
Expert Member

Re: If you... the hardest thread ever

Post by Yoozer » Thu May 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Jexus wrote: 1.If you were to die in a couple of minutes, and you could tell all the people one truth about synthesizers and synthesis, something that could change the synth world for better, what would that be ? :shock:
I'd tell them that they'd have to force Roland, Korg and Yamaha at gunpoint to build new analog synthesizers, and a mass riot to ban all workstations.
"Part of an instrument is what it can do, and part of it is what you do to it" - Suzanne Ciani, 197x.

Hugo76
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by Hugo76 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:47 pm

Jexus wrote:3.If your synths could have children, which two synths would you crossbreed to bear you a new synth-species? :shock:
Korg Oasys with Roland V-Synth GT.

Alex E
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus C, Super Bass Station, M1r, TX81z, S760, Nord Rack 2, Nord Lead 3, JP-8000, JV-2080, SY99, Trinity Plus, EMX1, TB-03. Live 9, iMac MC309XX/A

Post by Alex E » Thu May 15, 2008 11:56 pm

1: Don't get into the Jupiter 8 hype.

2: A Jellyfish. It would be like.. an underwater theremin or something.

3: Don't own either (yet!), but I'd love to see a JD-800/SY77 hybrid.

4: Well, they would have human like brains, complete with consciousness. They could even add their own ideas to your music if you were to let them.
soundcloud.com/vectron

clusterchord
Band: Nimbus Dei

Post by clusterchord » Thu May 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Jexus wrote:1.If you were to die in a couple of minutes, and you could tell all the people one truth about synthesizers and synthesis, something that could change the synth world for better, what would that be ? :shock:
nothing. id just put on a Force Majeure from TD and .. enjoy to the last moment.

Jexus wrote:2.If you were able to manufacture your synth in shape of an animal, which animal would your synth have the shape of? :shock:
moog modular. :D
Jexus wrote:3.If your synths could have children, which two synths would you crossbreed to bear you a new synth-species? :shock:
Jupiter 8 and Andromeda. or CS-80 and Andromeda. Charlize Theron and me. :lol:
Jexus wrote:4.Do you think that in future synths will be so advanced and patterned after humans that they will have intestine inside instead of boards ? If not, what will they have ? :shock:
its all gonna be blown off by nukes.

jupiter · oberheim · prophet · sh · moog · andromeda · ppg wave · vs · waldorf · yamaha · eii · casio
rhodes · solina · acetone · eurorack · system100 · förster · lexicon · eventide · space echo · svc350 etc

JackAstro

Post by JackAstro » Fri May 16, 2008 12:19 am

1. You can't buy talent.
2. Intelligent Crystals from Venus
3. Synthi AKS and DSS-1
4. They will have mouths. And they will laugh at me.

AstroDan

Post by AstroDan » Fri May 16, 2008 2:20 am

I need to know the following:

1) Am I about to die by knife? If so, is it the model knife from 'Rambo III' or just a regular knife?

2) Since I can read animal's thoughts and am positive they can read mine, I consider them people, or at the least "good buddies", and will need the criteria for this expounded upon. (I will also need recommendations on what kind of modulation routing possibilities would fit on a possum.)

3) Since my synths of choice are a fruitless spinster and the other has no balls, I will have to decline input.

4) This I need nothing further to go on; of course future synths will have intestines. Large and small.
Too futurist to live.

Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Post by Johnny Lenin » Fri May 16, 2008 2:33 am

1. Rosebud.

2. Paramecium.

3. Moog modular and Alesis Micron. I want a REALLY BIG VA.

4. Chopped liver.

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri May 16, 2008 2:48 am

1. Girls in white boots like the swooshing sounds.

2. Stegosaurus. The back plates will act like drum trigger pads and the spikes will be D-Beam controlled. Also there will be laser beams that shoot out of the eys.

3. VL Tone and K5000. It'll be a scientific calculator.

4. No, they'll have Internet forums. That way your SH-201 will be able to tell you how c**p it is directly, and cut out the middle man. It'll also lead to a great deal more playing of synths as all Microkorgs and Microns will be directly connected to the internet with live updates of how many people are playing each at any one time. That way the Microkorg vs. Micron arguments can be solved in real time with numbers.

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Fri May 16, 2008 2:51 am

1. Remember that sometimes simplicity is king. And having all the features that you don't need doesn't help - George Martin sure didn't have a 128 band EQ with adjustable resonance and I think he did a good enough job. :thumbup:

2. An Octave CAT that looked like...well...a cat. The sure would be purrfect! ;)

3. microKORG and Micron. Should be interesting - it'd probably be hated by everybody though. :lol:

4. Steak sandwiches for when we get hungry. No, seriously.

Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by Solderman » Fri May 16, 2008 3:48 am

1. The tremor of electrons at the heart of the oscillator ~ever infinite~ is harmonious with the wavelength of your soul.
2. The Nymph of Dionysus
3. Mayhap yon modular maketh thy query the pillager of time most precious
4. The synths will be us. Long live the new flesh.
I am no longer in pursuit of vintage synths. The generally absurd inflation from demand versus practical use and maintenance costs is no longer viable. The internet has suffocated and vanquished yet another wonderful hobby. Too bad.
--Solderman no more.

MrFrodo

Post by MrFrodo » Fri May 16, 2008 4:38 am

1. I'd tell the whole rock music community on the whole that it wouldn't kill them to re-incorporate a few synths (of any sort) into their music.
2. Don't ask me why, but I'm thinking a Rhino.
3. Maybe, the Andromeda and the Prophet VS. [Anyone ever considered a vector joystick on an analog monster?]
4. If artaficial intelligence becomes a reality, there could be any number of bioelectronic creations (if that's a word); synths would only scrape the surface.
The greatest thing we ever have is the will to survive.

Rest in peace, Dr. Robert Moog.

http://www.ericbenjamingordon.com
http://cdbaby.com/cd/ebgordon
http://www.myspace.com/ericbenjamingordon

killedaway
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Electribes x 6
Revolution
Monomachine MKII
microKORG
CS01