If you... the hardest thread ever

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
biko

Re: If you... the hardest thread ever

Post by biko » Fri May 16, 2008 8:21 am

Jexus wrote:1.If you were to die in a couple of minutes, and you could tell all the people one truth about synthesizers and synthesis, something that could change the synth world for better, what would that be ? :shock:
The truth about synthesis is not about synthesizers.

Umbe78
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: NE3 73, MD & MM SFX6, MEK, JP4 & JX3P, Yamaha FGX, Gibson SG, Live 8.2 Suite, Komplete 7, Launchpad, Touchable
Band: The Punker

Post by Umbe78 » Fri May 16, 2008 8:51 am

Stop this stupid nerd hobby/work
red fish .... a Clavia Nord Fish (salmon would me more indicated...I have to speak with my engineers)
Casio VL tone and DSI evolver (for a new mini generation)
they sure have a heart
just one of us

JJQ

Post by JJQ » Fri May 16, 2008 9:33 am

1. Jupiter-8 is underrated

2. A giant rabbit minimoog, perhaps pink.

3. I think the JP-8 and CS-50....oups erection at work. :oops:

4. I think Ill have Moog VCOs insted of intestines.
Gear: Minimoog, Mother-32, Roland MC-202, TB-303, (Boss) DR-110, TR-505, TR-808, Alpha Juno 2, Jupiter-8, Oberheim SEM, .com/oakley/moon/mos-lab/STG/Sputnik/MegaOhm-modular & Microbrute

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Fri May 16, 2008 1:13 pm

This is indeed teh hardest thread.

- CM

Jexus

Post by Jexus » Fri May 16, 2008 3:02 pm

Carey M wrote:This is indeed teh hardest thread.

- CM
Come on. I know you can come up with something innovative & creative.
So far it's been very nice. I enjoy the idea of a rhino-shaped synth, with the horn used like pitch bender stick, I gather.

shaft9000
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Whips chains waxes oils dildos DMT TNT the LHC, and a black rubber duckie
Band: moneymoneymoney

Post by shaft9000 » Fri May 16, 2008 3:56 pm

1. digital (dsp chips, logic gates) is just a special form of analog electronics. The whole language of 'digital' is a only an abstract construct used to achieve a purpose; it still depends on analog circuits and voltage to make it a "1" or a "0".
That's still wouldn't stop f-tards from saying "digital sux, analog is phattt"

2. Caterpillar

3. Hartmann Neuron and a Korg PS-3100

4. Intestines?
People aren't satisfied enough that a synth (er, WorkStation/Groovebox/PC) can 'make' all their music for them, so I guess we need it to eat and poop for us, too??? :shock:
2600.solus.modcan a.eurorack.cs60.JP8.Juno6.A6.sunsyn.volcakeys.jd990.tb303.x0xb0x.revolution.
999.m1am1.RY30.svc350.memotron

shaft9000.muffwiggler.com <- singles & mixtape
shaft9000.bandcamp.com <- spacemusic album
youtube.com/shaft9000 <- various synth demos and studies

stillearning

Post by stillearning » Fri May 16, 2008 4:55 pm

1. If I were to die in a couple minutes, I would be frantically apologizing to God for lots of stuff, not thinking about synths.

2. In the shape of that Neil Young trap door spider thingie. A lead synth with only one note, which would play repeatedly.

3. My keyboards want to adopt, since there are so many abused synths in the hands of unfit owners. I think they've been in touch with Angelina Jolie's piano.

4. They will have DNA based circuitry, and the whole 'digital vs analog' debate will be replaced by whether they sound 'evolutionary or intelligently designed'.
As always, kindly allow for the possibility I have no idea what I'm talking about.

mis psiquicios y yo

Post by mis psiquicios y yo » Fri May 16, 2008 6:42 pm

Jexus wrote:I got a couple of questions for ya guys.

1.If you were to die in a couple of minutes, and you could tell all the people one truth about synthesizers and synthesis, something that could change the synth world for better, what would that be ? :shock:

SYNTHESIZERS ARE THE KEY FOR FREEDOM

2.If you were able to manufacture your synth in shape of an animal, which animal would your synth have the shape of? :shock:

A HUMAN, IN THE BODY OF A WOMAN (humans: woman and man are animals, just that i don't want to play on a male synth)

3.If your synths could have children, which two synths would you crossbreed to bear you a new synth-species? :shock:

The human-woman-synth above, and me (I'm a synthesizer).

4.Do you think that in future synths will be so advanced and patterned after humans that they will have intestine inside instead of boards ? If not, what will they have ? :shock:
No, no intestine, just flesh and plasma
mis psiquicos y yo
In electronic music, sequencers are as important as synths, they all modify your composition and playing

immigrantboy

Post by immigrantboy » Fri May 16, 2008 7:39 pm

1: "Only internet nerds understand you!"

2: A great white shark built to scale

3: Korg Micro Preset and a Casio CZ-101? It would be like a strap on synth with fake wood, stuck in unison mode, with an analog subtrative engine modulating sine waves, with eight friggin' envelopes! And it would take the knobs from the father I'd hope. I'd name the Korgio CZ-Micro.

4: I think in the future, synthesizers will have evaporated into gaseous form and will disperse all across the universe, inflicting all with a miasma of music.
Main Gear: Korg M500, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha PSS-480, sitar, cassette tapes
Toys: Casio PT-87, Casio SA-40 "Magical Dial", Casio Rapman, "The Crappy Keyboard"

energetik

Post by energetik » Sat May 17, 2008 4:18 am

1st RULE: You do not talk about SYNTH CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about SYNTH CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone pushes "stop" or goes silent, taps out the sequence is over.

4th RULE: Only two synths to a song.
Modulate er... MODERATE THIS!

TrondC
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Machinedrum UW & Monomachine Mk2's
Korg KP3 & Zero 4
Band: Siesta Submarina

Post by TrondC » Sat May 17, 2008 8:39 am

energetik wrote:1st RULE: You do not talk about SYNTH CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about SYNTH CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone pushes "stop" or goes silent, taps out the sequence is over.

4th RULE: Only two synths to a song.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

1: don't just pick any waveform, choice of waveforms matter and should be considered for the sound you want to make.
2: I'd take a semi-modular, all-patchable turtle. it will only accept boss Slow Gear pedals for processing
3: Kaossilator and Andromeda
4: in the future, synths will not tolerate the awful programming done by most people who never cared to learn synthesis properly (myself included) , evolve legs, and rise to kill us al with the sonic mayhem creatd by their new breed, the Dave Smith & Wesson REvolver
...And they will have tubes for lungs and the ability to do MIDI-dumps from their arses

boy this thread is weird

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by monolith » Sat May 17, 2008 8:55 am

TrondC wrote:the Dave Smith & Wesson REvolver
You're a genius.
:twisted:

monolith
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by monolith » Sat May 17, 2008 9:11 am

Unique thread! quite a challenge...

1. 303's contain dangerously high levels of lead.

2. My synth would be shaped like a peacock.....so it would end up looking like a pipe organ, i guess.

3. Moog modular & tenori-on

4. No intestines, just big, horrible egos.

Andy_X69
Gear: Alesis A6 Andromeda, Access Virus TI, Arturia Minibrute, DSI Mono Evolver Keyboard, Waldorf Micro-Q, Waldorf Pulse 2

Post by Andy_X69 » Sun May 18, 2008 6:28 am

Jexus wrote: 1.If you were to die in a couple of minutes, and you could tell all the people one truth about synthesizers and synthesis, something that could change the synth world for better, what would that be ? :shock:
"Synthesizers are indeed 'real' musical instruments and synthesists should not be treated as talentless hacks"
2.If you were able to manufacture your synth in shape of an animal, which animal would your synth have the shape of? :shock:
Anything Taxiderm-ed.
3.If your synths could have children, which two synths would you crossbreed to bear you a new synth-species? :shock:
Andromeda with Virus TI. Hopefully that would mean a Virus with some analog filters (alongside its digital ones).
4.Do you think that in future synths will be so advanced and patterned after humans that they will have intestine inside instead of boards ? If not, what will they have ? :shock:
No, I dont think synths will ever be biological/grown in a tank. Analog is organic enough for me. Geez, your intestinal synths idea sounds like something out of Cronenberg. I think that the idea of optional analog filter modules will get more popular.
http://www.myspace.com/studiodekadent, Cubase 4/TC Powercore X8/MOTU PCIe424 with 24io/MOTU MIDI Express 128

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Mon May 19, 2008 11:14 am

[quote="Jexus"]1. Music and synth not always related with computer
2. A dragon
3. RS7000 and QY70. Lead to a RS8000 in the the QY70 size or smaller, which looks like a new species of synth child.
4. No matter, as long as they sounds better.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums