Doepfer modules, system planning help

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
supercluster

Doepfer modules, system planning help

Post by supercluster » Sat May 17, 2008 8:41 pm

So i'm planning on putting a portable doepfer system together using the briefcase setup: http://www.analoguehaven.com/doepfer/a100bs2p/ . That case, except i plan on picking modules individually and not going with the basic setup. I've tried to look over the doepfer modules pretty thoroughly.

The goal is basically have a system for sound processing, but also something that has a clock div and clock sequencer for simple sequences a midi interface, probably two VCO's, and envelopes. Its sort of a lot to fit into that case, but I think if i pick the right modules it will work for me.

I wanted you guys who have your own modular eurorack setups to through out some modules you think are essential for these goals - sound processing and sound synthesis. The modules don't have to be doepfer. Just eurorack. Also keep in mind i dont have a ton of space, so no huge modules or anything. What filters are unique/ the best (very subjective I know). That wasp filter seems like it might be nice.

Anywho, I just need some help deciding on what to go with and any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Doepfer A-100, MPC1000, Alesis Ion
Roland Re-20, Moog MF-105, Moog MF-102, boss me50-b

For sale: Yamaha RS7000, Korg Kontrol49

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Sat May 17, 2008 9:35 pm

In addition to the help here, I recommend checking out Muffwiggler's forum:
www.muffwiggler.com/forum
Very helpful, very friendly. Though a huge inducement to spend a lot of money.
virb.com/ookpikk