The synth fairy brought me a Roland MKS-80

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
cram1960

Post by cram1960 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:53 pm

I'm curious...why not "sacrifice" the Microkorg?

Wife -driven appeasements should be no larger than absolutely necessary. Microkorgs are a dime a dozen on ebay, and will be available new or used for a long time (easily replaceable, thus far less pain to temporarily release!)
Craig
Powerman has spoken!
Amituofo! Image

Synthaholic
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Motif XS6, TX802, D-550, A6

Post by Synthaholic » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:57 am

Well, I don't know what I'll sacrifice yet, if anything. I'm going to try and keep things as they are for a little while and then if I do perform a "sacrifice" it will be the synth that gets least used. At the moment that's been the D-550, only because I don't have a programmer for it, but I hope to start using Midi Quest to program it, so maybe it'll be saved.

The Microkorg would make sense especially now that I have a real analog to take its place, but then I'd be down to one keyboard. Another possibility down the road might be to get rid of the D-550 and the MK and then get a D-50.
Two VCO: thanks to the push rods, one can choose several forms of waves at the same time!
(from a Babelfish translation of a Jupiter-6 site)

Yamaha: Motif XS6, TX802 Roland: D-550 Alesis: A6 Andromeda

Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:11 am

You already have a very good master controller in the Motif XS if you ditch the D550, in favor of a D50 down the road you will wind up spending more money than if you just hold onto the 550, plus you won't have to worry about possible sticky or non working key problems,although i'm sure you could fix it.Let the Microkorg go unless you really love it's sounds,do you accually like those tiny little specs they call keys?

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:25 am

nice demo there. to keep the family together, may be something like the PC-1600x would be a nice and cheap programmer to program the D and MKS, even the tx and other synth as well.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums