Debating whether or not to sell my trusty old Juno6

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by pricklyrobot » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:09 pm

tallowwaters wrote:sell it and take up a new hobby where strangers dont have to validate your thoughts.
Like falconry?

What do you guys think, should I sell my Golden Eagle to get a Harris Hawk or save up and have both? The Harris is pretty sweet and would definitely fill a gap in my avian arsenal, but I think I'd miss the brute fox-slaying power of the the Eagle.

What to do?
Arturia MiniBrute -- bits o' Euro -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop

nathanscribe
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Post by nathanscribe » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:40 pm

pricklyrobot wrote:Like falconry?

What to do?
Up to you really: owl's well that ends well.

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:41 pm

Automatic Gainsay wrote:The ONLY thing the Juno 6 has over the JX-3P is a vastly superior interface, and that is completely without question.

But as they sound extremely similar (except where the JX has greater functionality), it pretty much comes down to whether you want a great interface or superior functionality.
Aside from a few very minor differences that I've already mentioned in a previous post, I'd be inclined to agree. And since the OP has specified that he already owns a PG-200 you could say it's a bit of a no-brainer really. The JX-3P with a PG-200 is just as easy to use and quick to program as a Juno IMO.

Still if you do decide to keep it there's nothing wrong with that either. I let mine go for a measly £140 which really is very little for a Juno these days, so sometimes it's not worth selling something you like just because you can. :?

pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by pricklyrobot » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:48 am

nathanscribe wrote:
pricklyrobot wrote:Like falconry?

What to do?
Up to you really: owl's well that ends well.
Can someone recommend an analog drum machine that does a really awesome rim-shot? :wink:

But seriously folks, try the veal and don't forget to tip your waitress. I'll be here all week.
Arturia MiniBrute -- bits o' Euro -- Sammich SID -- E-mu MP-7 -- Korg ER-1 -- Thingamagoop

tallowwaters
Gear: LC-MS/MS

Post by tallowwaters » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:32 am

One of my most valuable posessions is a Desert Eagle.

I hear Angus owns a dessert eagle...
Brains can be used like a "stress ball," but only once.

tallowwaters

Post by tallowwaters » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:36 am

Automatic Gainsay wrote:I'll be frank
Oh shut the f**k up, Frank. :wink:

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:04 am

tallowwaters wrote:sell it and take up a new hobby where strangers dont have to validate your thoughts.
Second.

pricklyrobot
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by pricklyrobot » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:27 am

"Scruffy admires decisiveness."

RichShan
Gear: Yamaha SY85, Roland JX3p, Novation Supernova II keys, Roland MKS70, Roland JV1080, Emu ESi-32, G5 & logic

Post by RichShan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:55 am

Ah, thanks for the intelligent input. Thought I might get better from a moderator... :)

All I was after really was whether anyone, like the original jambo, might have had both and missed one if selling the other...

Thanks for everyone's input. I've learned a lot about my synths from the posts on here.

It is a difficult one. I've had the Juno for years and years and support the emotional attachment angle that someone else posted on here. It's been a great mainstay of my music. But if the thing is propped up against a wall it might as well be "out there" for someone else to use and learn about synths. It's not really about the cash- it's not like I have a moog modular to off-load- more about a "letting go"...

Any therapists available? :lol:

tallowwaters

Post by tallowwaters » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:20 pm

I expect lots of things from people I assume are adults. I usually just get disappointment.

RichShan
Gear: Yamaha SY85, Roland JX3p, Novation Supernova II keys, Roland MKS70, Roland JV1080, Emu ESi-32, G5 & logic

Post by RichShan » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:25 pm

tallowwaters wrote:I expect lots of things from people I assume are adults. I usually just get disappointment.
Oh. do you need a hug :P

OriginalJambo
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Check my sig

Post by OriginalJambo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:05 pm

RichShan wrote:Oh. do you need a hug :P
:lol:

At least the title of the thread is clear and to the point. There's nothing forcing anyone to read this topic after checking out the title, and since the mods haven't locked it yet you can only assume that they don't deem it redundant.

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:01 pm

tallowwaters wrote:
Automatic Gainsay wrote:I'll be frank
Oh shut the f**k up, Frank. :wink:
I could have just as easily been Carl.
Maybe I should have been Carl.
Carl never inspires such animosity.
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay