Electribes

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Yes or No?

Yes
78%
No
22%

Total votes: 130

electronique

Post by electronique » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:13 pm

I had one of the first ones.. EA-1, i think it was.. I thought it was tops.. Especially for the price. I would love to pick up one from the frst or second series... :)

I wish I had have kept it.. Just like I wish I had have kept my Jomox X-Base 09, Emu Pro-Cusion, EMU Proteus etc etc.. :oops:
Sonar 7 | M-Audio Delta1010 | Tascam US2400 | DSI PolyEvolver Rack | Akai S612 | Roland V-Synth XT | Roland D110 | Akai MPC1000 (soon!!)

Mpresev

Post by Mpresev » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:22 am

I'm picking up an ER1 .. This bloke is selling it for 75.00. The thing is I won't be able to pick it up till this Sat. I'm very very very excited.. It's a true drum machine.

Shanesaw
Gear: Ultranova, Minibrute, Microbrute, Spark, microKORG, microX,

Post by Shanesaw » Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:55 am

Well my Er1MkII has been collecting dust for awhile now but its back in the game again. Xbase>ER1>LP=the fun.

route_electrique
Gear: Clavia Nordlead 2 | Clavia Nord Modular G1 | Waldorf Microwave XT (30 Voice) |
Band: waveformbakery

Post by route_electrique » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:21 am

These ones go to category 'toys for teens' :twisted: :lol:.
| Fact is, your are going to get bent over by a Record Company..... its just how far, how long and if you let them decide to use vaseline or not." -Unknown |
_
http://www.waveformbakery.com [coming in Q3!]

diezdiazgiant
Gear: a computer and some odd bits of junk and microphones
Band: jizzflap f**k

Post by diezdiazgiant » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:19 am

route_electrique wrote:These ones go to category 'toys for teens' :twisted: :lol:.

thats what i think of most people with guitars and then i realize that there are still a decent amoutn of people who manage to do something interesting.

statements like that just make one sound like more of a bland retarded sod then assholes who think that the only interesting music can come "classics" worth more then my apartment...

ha give most people "high end" equipment and they would probably make boring music anyways. bloody insufferable jackasses...
blunted daydreaming

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:42 pm

diezdiazgiant wrote: then assholes who think that the only interesting music can come "classics" worth more then my apartment...

ha give most people "high end" equipment and they would probably make boring music anyways. bloody insufferable jackasses...
I agree with this... I've seen plenty of people make great music with low-end gear...
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

thestreets
Gear: Maschine Mikro, Electribe ESX, KP3, Korg R3, Microkorg.

Post by thestreets » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:34 pm

It's so true. In fact, you're a far more talented musician if you can make a shitty piece of gear sound good, than make a high end piece of gear sound decent. That means that the musianship is all in your playing skills and not what you play it on.

Mpresev

Post by Mpresev » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:46 pm

I have played with an ER1 at the store multiple times long time ago and I think it sounds great..

the thing is the word Groovebox is not really taken seriously ..

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:50 pm

thestreets wrote:It's so true. In fact, you're a far more talented musician if you can make a shitty piece of gear sound good, than make a high end piece of gear sound decent. That means that the musianship is all in your playing skills and not what you play it on.
That said, when recording...it is not easy to make high end gear sound great as well... nothing is easy in music, unless you can magically make great songs. Then those songs can be recorded on a boombox and still shine.

thestreets
Gear: Maschine Mikro, Electribe ESX, KP3, Korg R3, Microkorg.

Post by thestreets » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:19 pm

That is true.

But let me give an example.
I think it's f**k awesome whenever I'm walking through Boston and I see dudes playing drums on buckets. It always sounds so tight and just plain old sick. I've been thinking about asking if i could record them because I'd actually like to put it in a track of mine.

To me, I think the fact that a dude can get pots and pans to sound good as drums, is far better than any drum solo on a 9-piece DW kit.

esqoner

Post by esqoner » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:30 pm

i thought the er-1 was fun, but it didn't have the sound i wanted at the time. i went to price them on ebay (about 15 minutes ago) and ended up buying an ea-1

haha. i'll use it more than the er-1 anyway. good price too.

Mpresev

Post by Mpresev » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:07 pm

bigod i bought my ER1 on Sat for 75.00. This bloke was selling it because his fiance is asking him to get rid of it.. l.o.l.. PRobably the best 75 dollars i spent on a gear.

this thing smokes..

ronP
Gear: BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO MT-70; KORG EA-1 mkII, MicroKorg, microSTATION, MicroX, Mini-KP, Monotron; ROLAND Micro Cube; ZOOM FS01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B
Band: Keyfish

Post by ronP » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi. I had a blast last night with my KORG EA-1 mkII, filtering beats from my ZOOM MRT-3B through the "Audio In" and also synched up to same and my KORG microKorg whilst playing organ comp on my CASIO MT-70.

With the new Kaossilator and Blofield and microVirus, so forth, it seems that dedicated tabletop synth sequencers have gone the way of network television.

Do you all think the Electribe, MicroComposer, GrooveBox machines were part of a "music technology window" that, like analog synths, will surely come back and make those of us who hold on to these boxes VERY HAPPY they did so?

:)

BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO Casiotone MT-70; KORG Electribe EA-1mkII, microKORG, mini-KP; QUIKLOK T20 T-REX Series X;
ROLAND Micro-CUBE; YAMAHA PSS130, PSS140; ZOOM FS-01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B

Wanted: BOSS DR-110; CASIO CZ-101; YAMAHA CS-01, DX-100

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 pm

ronP wrote:.

Do you all think the Electribe, MicroComposer, GrooveBox machines were part of a "music technology window" that, like analog synths, will surely come back and make those of us who hold on to these boxes VERY HAPPY they did so?

Not sure if they will be looked upon with nastalgia or not... I mean, if someone does something with them that can only be done with those types of machines maybe. I love the idea of the elctribes...but ultimately, the sound isn't my thing. I'm hoping korg isn't done with that series though.

Spike Vincent
Location: People's Republic of The Forest of Dean,and why isn't there a Welsh flag option?Eh?

Post by Spike Vincent » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:33 am

I've had more fun with an EA1 than I've had with instruments costing 10 times as much.
Currently plugged in to the mixer :
Korg EA1,Korg MS10 and some shortwave radios.