New Owner of an Moog LP Stage II edition

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Architecture
Gear: TR909, TR808 Dot Com, Moog LP. x0xb0x, Andromeda A6, AX60, SQ80, EPS, DSI PEK Pot Edition, ASR10, Juno 60.
Band: Architecture!

New Owner of an Moog LP Stage II edition

Post by Architecture » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:20 am

During my misadventure in Denver today, I made my way to Guitar Center in Westminster, to originally pick up a Turntable and some DAT tape. So I look around the keyboard department, and here I see a Moog LP, and so I decided to demo the bad boy, and man, I fell in love with it in 2 minutes. Im in love with its aggressive sound and fast LFO, not to mention Filter Overdrive!

Picked it up on a discount day as well, for 1124 USD, which seems to be a good deal for a New one. Such a fat sound! It sounds completely different from my other Chip based Analog Synths, and its also alot less noisey at the outputs. Moog is amazing, Id love to have a voyager one day, one day.

ficusrock
Gear: Access Virus TI, NI Maschine

Re: New Owner of an Moog LP Stage II edition

Post by ficusrock » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:53 am

Grats mate! I'm thinking about going to Guitar Center tomorrow to spend a few hours on the LP, but... mustt....resissttttt...neeeeeeeeedd...... now!

I'll probably end up buying it if I go, so I need to stay far away from that place.

...anyone have an LP for sale?

Architecture
Gear: TR909, TR808 Dot Com, Moog LP. x0xb0x, Andromeda A6, AX60, SQ80, EPS, DSI PEK Pot Edition, ASR10, Juno 60.
Band: Architecture!

Post by Architecture » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:25 am

Call me crazy, but I think I saw Bryan Erickson of Velvet Acid Christ WORKING at Guitar Center! He's from Westminster, and I was at the Westminster location, and this mopey tall guy who looked EXACTLY like him was asking me if I needed any help with in the keyboard dept, and I said I was fine. It struck me later that it might have been him.

Mr Knesh
Gear: DP/4+ because in order to dive in deep, you have to DP.

Post by Mr Knesh » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:36 am

Bryan Erikson is notorious for being a guitar center shopper, but I dont know if he works there.
In his last podcast he made it sound as if he was working for another music-producer friend of
his, and I didnt get the impression that it was a sales job.

Synthprophet

Post by Synthprophet » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:31 pm

That's a nice price. In Denmark where I live, it costs the double from new, but it has never been a secret that synths are a lot cheaper in the US, or just in any other countries. Even a secondhand Moog LP at that price would be a bargain.
Congrats with your new purchase.
Clavia: /Nord Lead 2x/
Roland: /AX-Synth/D-50/SH-201/
Korg: /EMX-1/Microkorg/Monotron/MS-20 Mini

Carey M
Gear: Akai Miniak, Fender Chroma Polaris, Moog Sub Phatty, Roland SH-101, Roland Jupiter-4, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Komplete 8, Reaper, iPad, beer
Band: Nightsatan

Post by Carey M » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:59 pm

Synthprophet wrote:In Denmark where I live, it costs the double from new
Not if you order your Phatty from Digital Village. Thomann.de and Musicstore.de are cheap as well.

- CM