The Elektron Machinedrum Thread

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
nu-tellar

Re: The Elektron Machinedrum Thread

Post by nu-tellar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:46 pm

can some one help me?
Last edited by nu-tellar on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nu-tellar

Post by nu-tellar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:47 pm

:? what`s up? guys i am having a little bit of trouble setting the up to sequence external gear. and i don`t know if i am doing something wrong but, this is getting on my head know. i am doing everything i am suppose to do i believe to set a track to sequence a external synth.

can you guys help me figure this out. so, i go to global and, set a midi machine to a channel and, do set the synth to receive in that same channel for example channel 1.
now, if i play the key it sent the midi note on message but if i try to trigger the key with the sequencer it does not respond. neither to the control knobs.
if i set the base channel to 1 through 4 it will sent the note on but the other 12 channel won`t. and if i have another instrument assign said to channel one through four it will same it the midi note trigger to all.

a might suppose to do it in another way other than assigning a midi machine to a synth and sequence? cause i don`t get this, i have search but, i don`t see nothing that can help me. :oops:

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

hfinn
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://soundcloud.com/heath-finnie

Post by hfinn » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how to send a good trigger out to clock an analog sequencer.

nu-tellar

Post by nu-tellar » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:23 pm

hey, jsrockit thanks for the link but, it`t hasn`t been of not help. i been setting up everything right. the machinedrum send note trigger but, it only do it in channel 1. and it same note trigger to in all track even if, i have different midi machine assign to it with different channel. maybe the problem is with the way i have my midi set up. but, i don`t have problem with the xbase 999, is been very easy to sequence other gear.

i am still trying to figure this out, i still got like a month to return it. if i am don`t work this out soon i just going to sent it back.

JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by JSRockit » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:57 am

Go to elektron-users.com and ask...
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:08 am

hfinn wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how to send a good trigger out to clock an analog sequencer.
GND-Impulse? Or so I heard since I don't have an analog sequencer to try it on.
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

RobotHeroes
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: a toothed wheel that engages another toothed mechanism in order to change the speed or direction of transmitted motion

Post by RobotHeroes » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:25 am

nu-tellar wrote:a might suppose to do it in another way other than assigning a midi machine to a synth and sequence? cause i don`t get this, i have search but, i don`t see nothing that can help me. :oops:
Wut? When I used the MD to sequence MidiNES, or whatever, it works like a charm. MidiNES listens to 1-5 to I just stuck in MID machines that correspond to channels 1-5. Throw in some steps and thats it. My base channel is 1-4 and I have sync ctrl out on.

I just looked at the how to from elektron that JS linked to and that is it there is nothing fancy about using an MD or MnM to sequence another piece of gear. Maybe the synth you are sending to isn't listening and you need to enable something?
"*Automatic Gainsay, you ignorant slut." - Primal Drive

"thanks guys. RobotHeroes, your avatar is the single most important thing on this website. ever. it reminds me that the world actually can be a good place." - rjd2

:happy3:

astraeus000

Post by astraeus000 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:52 pm

has anyone used the Machinedrum with an external sequencer like an MMT-8 ? I use primary the MMT-8 to sequence all my synths on (with a PC361 as master controller), and I've been thinking about finally purchasing a Machinedrum UW now that Sweetwater is finally carrying them with the 2 year warranty...... I am wondering what the best position in the Midi chain would be for the MD.......I would hate to put it on the a*s end of everything Midi-wise as it seems I'd be very much underusing it....... it seems that the MD might be a nice companion for the MMT-8 .....not quite sure how to accomplish an adequete Midi arrangement though......

GeneralBigbag

Post by GeneralBigbag » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:08 pm

The MD sequences just fine, it's a great drum module, but really it is best when used with the internal sequencer, due to all of the p-locks etc.
virb.com/ookpikk

hageir
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: http://www.geirhelgi.com/
https://soundcloud.com/geir-helgi
Band: Geir Helgi

Post by hageir » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:40 am

RobotHeroes wrote:
hfinn wrote:I'm still trying to figure out how to send a good trigger out to clock an analog sequencer.
GND-Impulse? Or so I heard since I don't have an analog sequencer to try it on.
I've clocked my friends' SH-101 internal Sequencer via the CLK port with my MD.
Use the GND-Impulse, fill the steps for it and route the output to a seperate output into the Clock input of your analog sequencer.

You might need to fiddle around with the IMP machine to make the sequencer "recognize" it..
Elektron MnM & MD UW, DSI MEK & Prophet REV2 16 Voices baby!, Ensoniq VFX & ESQ-1, SE-1X, Korg MS-20mini, Polysix, SH-101 (red), 707, CR-8000, KPR-77, PO-12, Yamaha C1 Music Computer, Synare PS-1, FX, mixers, some more stuff..

nu-tellar

Post by nu-tellar » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:24 pm

thanks guys for all your help, i already got it done. the machinedrum is pretty easy to sequence i already got it down.

tyrannosaurus mark

Post by tyrannosaurus mark » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:33 pm

I MADE THIS THREAD
Moog LP + Casio SK1 and MT-75 + tube amp = good tone.

cartesia
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Octatrack
Bass Station 2
Band: TBA

Post by cartesia » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:53 am

tyrannosaurus mark wrote:I MADE THIS THREAD
I MADE YOU

with some help from your mum.

Syn303
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: Quite a bit...
Band: Syn303

Post by Syn303 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:21 pm

tyrannosaurus mark wrote:I MADE THIS THREAD
Wrong! they made this thread from their wool...

| syn303.bandcamp.com | soundcloud.com/syn303 |