the EVOLVER

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

the EVOLVER

Post by Untouchable_888 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:26 pm

i really want one. the more i see it, the more i want it. boohoo..... it sounds so nice...........frick..... :pissed off:
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

User avatar
Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 pm
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by Joey » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:36 pm

luckily for you they are cheap, you can get an evolver desktop for 549 USD

they sound quite nice.
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

deathbycubicle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:59 pm
Gear: machinedrum uw mk ii
nord lead 3
Location: philadelphia
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by deathbycubicle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:07 pm

The polyevolver is my favorite synth of all time. I've been writing music with it for about 2 years, and I still have this nagging feeling like I'm only scratching the surface of what it can do. It's constantly challenging me to push further with my programming.

It's also pretty rad to email support, and get a direct reply from Dave.

User avatar
ronP
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 7:20 pm
Gear: BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO MT-70; KORG EA-1 mkII, MicroKorg, microSTATION, MicroX, Mini-KP, Monotron; ROLAND Micro Cube; ZOOM FS01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B
Band: Keyfish
Location: New York, NY, USA
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by ronP » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:11 pm

Untouchable_888 wrote:i really want one. the more i see it, the more i want it. boohoo..... it sounds so nice...........frick..... :pissed off:
oo


I know that jonesin' feeling! I'm saving up for the full MEK; a gorgeous keyboard, built like a tank, with retro wood side panels and contemporary stereo synth sonics on steroids.

:shock:


oo
BEHRINGER Xenyx 802; CASIO Casiotone MT-70; KORG Electribe EA-1mkII, microKORG, mini-KP; QUIKLOK T20 T-REX Series X;
ROLAND Micro-CUBE; YAMAHA PSS130, PSS140; ZOOM FS-01, MRS-4B, MRT-3B

Wanted: BOSS DR-110; CASIO CZ-101; YAMAHA CS-01, DX-100

User avatar
aredj
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 497
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:34 am
Gear: A little bit of E-muAccessJomoxKorg -
Spectralis2!
Location: Toronto ON

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by aredj » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:39 pm

deathbycubicle wrote:It's also pretty rad to email support, and get a direct reply from Dave.
Phone, and he may answer too..! My buddy got him once...

deathbycubicle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:59 pm
Gear: machinedrum uw mk ii
nord lead 3
Location: philadelphia
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by deathbycubicle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:28 pm

aredj wrote:
deathbycubicle wrote:It's also pretty rad to email support, and get a direct reply from Dave.
Phone, and he may answer too..! My buddy got him once...
I heard that! The only problem is, I have no reason to call...the synth has performed flawlessly.

Knock on wood :D

User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by Untouchable_888 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:33 pm

i already have my dream synth: my juno-106. the "next" thing on my list is a Cheetah MS-6. Then an sh-2 or sh-09. And following that, a jupiter 8. That thing shimmers so nicely.... ^_^
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

deathbycubicle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:59 pm
Gear: machinedrum uw mk ii
nord lead 3
Location: philadelphia
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by deathbycubicle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:35 pm

Untouchable_888 wrote:i already have my dream synth: my juno-106. the "next" thing on my list is a Cheetah MS-6. Then an sh-2 or sh-09. And following that, a jupiter 8. That thing shimmers so nicely.... ^_^
So it's not even on your short list of purchases? Why the thread then?

User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by Untouchable_888 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:40 pm

I like it alot. And it is so very affordable. I would not hesitate to get one... Just like TVC15 is one of my favourite songs, just not on my top 5 list. That doesnt mean i dont wish i could write a song like that..
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

User avatar
mome rath
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: DC

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by mome rath » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Synthesizers!!!!

:la:
god elton can't you suck

deathbycubicle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:59 pm
Gear: machinedrum uw mk ii
nord lead 3
Location: philadelphia
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by deathbycubicle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Untouchable_888 wrote:I like it alot. And it is so very affordable. I would not hesitate to get one... Just like TVC15 is one of my favourite songs, just not on my top 5 list. That doesnt mean i dont wish i could write a song like that..
Gotcha. Well, definitely keep it in mind.

I've been loving my PEK to death.

User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by Untouchable_888 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:52 pm

deathbycubicle wrote:
Untouchable_888 wrote:I like it alot. And it is so very affordable. I would not hesitate to get one... Just like TVC15 is one of my favourite songs, just not on my top 5 list. That doesnt mean i dont wish i could write a song like that..
Gotcha. Well, definitely keep it in mind.

I've been loving my PEK to death.
That is what seems so intriguing about it: I NEVER HEAR ANYTHING BAD. With my other favourites, i can always find someone who hates it. I cannot find a reason not to like the Evolver.
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

deathbycubicle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:59 pm
Gear: machinedrum uw mk ii
nord lead 3
Location: philadelphia
Contact:

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by deathbycubicle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:57 pm

Untouchable_888 wrote:
deathbycubicle wrote:
Untouchable_888 wrote:I like it alot. And it is so very affordable. I would not hesitate to get one... Just like TVC15 is one of my favourite songs, just not on my top 5 list. That doesnt mean i dont wish i could write a song like that..
Gotcha. Well, definitely keep it in mind.

I've been loving my PEK to death.
That is what seems so intriguing about it: I NEVER HEAR ANYTHING BAD. With my other favourites, i can always find someone who hates it. I cannot find a reason not to like the Evolver.
:D Well I'm sure somebody will chime in with some nitpicks...but it won't be me.

User avatar
Suburban Bather
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 535
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:58 pm
Gear: Wretch Machine, Oberkorn3, Monotribe, TR-626, FX
Location: Waldorf, MD

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by Suburban Bather » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:48 pm

Its extremely affordable not only because its less than a grand, but also because you can get it from Musiciansfriend or ZZounds. No interest payments really help. I'm tempted to get one myself, but I'm content with what I have now.

drxcm
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:56 am

Re: the EVOLVER

Post by drxcm » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:12 pm

Evolvers are great, PEK's are even better.

There is something magical about the sound of the PEK, more than the sum of its parts if you know what I mean. I love mine, it will never be sold. For some reason I'm not a fan of the Prophet 08 though.

By the way DSI support is AWESOME. My PEK recently had some faulty encoders, I emailed them, and they sent some replacements free of charge - now its like new again! Also when I originally rang to place my order for it, Dave Smith answered the phone, and took all my details down.

Post Reply