DSI MoPho

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
fierywater
Gear: Software you probably don't care much about :)

Re: DSI MoPho

Post by fierywater » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:19 am

jayman wrote:
Gamma Goblin wrote:jayman, why is there a p***s on the bottom left side of your Youtube video? I tried to watch your video but I just didn't feel right with that thing on the screen. : )
a what?where? :shock: there was only one p***s in that room .. and it was in my shorts..
I circled the offending object. :?

jayman
Gear: juno106, juno60, tr 707, sh-1000, volca bass/beats microkorg, arp odyssey (mk 1), drumtraks, mopho, microbrute, zoom tr3b, cz 3000, kurzwiel k2600,
Band: PHAEDRIDER
Location: casa de freakin oro california, jewel of the east county

Post by jayman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:33 am

i finaly figured it out after about an hour, just before you posted.. .. i edited my last post.. and here ya go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i totally dig how our ears can hear all this s**t and and we don't even do like half of it with normal instruments, and then all we gotta do is hook a speaker up to some circuits and move those circuits around and we can push our hearing to it's limits

jayman
Gear: juno106, juno60, tr 707, sh-1000, volca bass/beats microkorg, arp odyssey (mk 1), drumtraks, mopho, microbrute, zoom tr3b, cz 3000, kurzwiel k2600,

Post by jayman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:35 am

i'm still staring at that picture wondering how in the h**l could someone think that looks like a p***s..
i totally dig how our ears can hear all this s**t and and we don't even do like half of it with normal instruments, and then all we gotta do is hook a speaker up to some circuits and move those circuits around and we can push our hearing to it's limits

fierywater
Gear: Software you probably don't care much about :)

Post by fierywater » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:00 am

jayman wrote:i'm still staring at that picture wondering how in the h**l could someone think that looks like a p***s..
Look at the label without looking at the bottle, if you can. If it's any consolation, it took me a few minutes to see the bottle when you said what it was. :lol:

Johnny Lenin
Expert Member
Expert Member
Gear: JX8P | AX60 | Little Phatty Stage II | DW8000 | Vox Jag | Fantom X6 | Juno-G | P-Bass | AS-120 | Double Jet

Post by Johnny Lenin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:21 am

jayman wrote:i'm still staring at that picture wondering how in the h**l could someone think that looks like a p***s..
No one Jewish, at any rate...

jayman

Post by jayman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:46 am

yeah.. i can see it if it's pointed out but it took me a long time.. i actually thought the link had been jacked or something..

jayman

Post by jayman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:49 am

fierywater wrote:
Look at the label without looking at the bottle, if you can. If it's any consolation, it took me a few minutes to see the bottle when you said what it was. :lol:
nope.. it isnt any consolation at all! :lol: :lol: :lol: everyone thinks i have a little p***s in that video.. (drum and eyes roll) ps video is edited

toad

Post by toad » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:41 pm

reminds me of that "what's on a man's mind" freud poster :lol:

Vxster

Post by Vxster » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:48 pm

Back on topic, gents.

Gamma Goblin

Post by Gamma Goblin » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:53 pm

Ok, who's had a chance to grab the new Pro-editor for the Mopho? I did and it has really opened up the creativity with this synth. The random, mutate and morph patch generators are absolutely a blast to use and sometimes you get an awesome sounding patch that you would never come up with on your own. The arpeggiator chords, templates and random functions are very cool as well. This thing is a monster! : )
http://www.soundtower.com/mopho/

griffin avid
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by griffin avid » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:35 pm

I agree. Did yours come with a PDF Manual. It says it would be in the installed directory, but it's not.
I'm trying to figure out how to make a Blank/Empty Soundbank and fill it over time with single patches....
It should be a librarian function, but I can't get it to work or fully tap into the functionality of the Phantom banks.

I apparently can't just wing it since it never saves or it saves but can't open anything I put in the Phantom Banks.
Sent an email to Soundtower a week ago...I'll send another today.
Music Product: Better Sounds for Beats http://www.StudioAVX.com
Music Production: Resources and Research http://www.ProducersEdgeMagazine.com
Music Produced: Abstract Hip Hop Sci-Fi: http://www.TheDynamicUniverse.com

jayman

Post by jayman » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:01 am

i'm trying to wrap my head around the editor, the regular one, and i cant seem to manipulate parameters in real time.. am i missing something?

JackAstro

Post by JackAstro » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:07 pm

I have given the MoPho a few months. I still don't like it.

There isn't anything wrong with it, but it never "fits in" or "feels just right". It sounds fine-- real analogue power and all that, but I don't particularly care to play it for long.

Anyone else have this problem? Did it go away?

Maybe I don't like the MoPho cause I love my Evolver too much. Like Scotch and Bourbon, you can enjoy both but you can only love one. *shrug*

modular
Gear: A bunch of stuff...

Post by modular » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:16 pm

I think the #1 problem of the MoPho - and only problem regarding the price range - if the fact that it is so freakin' ugly.

I mean, that yellow and keys/knobs disposition are horrible. DSI should really hire a communication designer for this kind of stuff...

otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Post by otto » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:51 pm

JackAstro wrote:I have given the MoPho a few months. I still don't like it.

There isn't anything wrong with it, but it never "fits in" or "feels just right". It sounds fine-- real analogue power and all that, but I don't particularly care to play it for long.

Anyone else have this problem? Did it go away?

Maybe I don't like the MoPho cause I love my Evolver too much. Like Scotch and Bourbon, you can enjoy both but you can only love one. *shrug*
Just personal taste I guess. The mopho is great if you just want a decent sounding analog mono. If you already have one it might be redundant. I think it's analog tone sounds better than the evolver. I also think as far as small desktop units go, it trumps the desktop evolver. On the other hand the MEK is very cool and has a much more usable interface. If you want an Evolver because you want to create interesting analog/digital sounds it's great. If you want it for more traditional analog mono sounds, I think their are better choices and the MoPho is one of them...
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again