synths; a renewed love

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
basssdude34
Gear: Bass; Rickenbacker 4003
Guitar; Hagstrom F200/Breedlove
Synths/Keyboard; Microkorg, Roland SH-201, Yamaha YPG-625
Band: The Blur of Serenity

synths; a renewed love

Post by basssdude34 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:22 am

So i finally got 2 synths ( a microkorg and an SH-201, a beginners rig no doubt :lol:, now maybe ill stop posting only in the buyers guide! ) and i gotta say now that im actually playing and discovering what synths can do ive fallen in love all over again......started on bass, ive since taken up guitar and vocals and to me synths are definatly the most interesting and maybe the most fun instrument ive ever experimented with.....now i just gotta start playin shows!

anyone else have one of these moments where u fall in love with an instrument all over again???

bakeded
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Re: synths; a renewed love

Post by bakeded » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:58 am

:-#
Last edited by bakeded on Tue May 12, 2009 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 am

basssdude34 wrote:anyone else have one of these moments where u fall in love with an instrument all over again???
yes, when I got the Yamaha S900 before Christmas, I fall in love in music, singing (lead and harmony) and the instant factor of both all over again. Also when I got the RS7000, it officially made me in love again with Yamaha :D
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Gear: TB-303, MC-505, MC-09, V-Synth GT, FR-777, FR-XS, MFB: Synth II, EMU Proteus 2500/CS, FS1R, Supernova II, Fusion 6HD, ER-1 MKII
Band: 23, A23P, Piss Ant

Post by 23 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:42 am

As stupid as this may sound, I've found to re-discover my tools now and again.
I'll go through phases where for whatever reason, I'm just not working with some aspect of one of my pieces much (in a sound design capacity), then for some reason something I'll have some idea that draws me back to said piece....and all the sudden either a flood of remembrance comes back in regard to what the thing is capable of or I end up discovering some aspect of it's capabilities I never noticed....I end up getting blown away by the piece all over again.

For whatever reason, this has occurred more times with me in regard to the EMU P2500\CS than any other synth I've ever worked with. That thing is nuts.
It's in a stage again where I haven't been touching it much....
but I suspect it'll continue to follow it's near 10 year tradition, I'll come across some kind of weirdo idea, and that modular nature and/or Z-Plane filters it has will reveal yet some other damn trick it has up it's sleeve that I'd never thought about.

basssdude34
Gear: Bass; Rickenbacker 4003
Guitar; Hagstrom F200/Breedlove
Synths/Keyboard; Microkorg, Roland SH-201, Yamaha YPG-625
Band: The Blur of Serenity

Post by basssdude34 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:09 am

yea i gotta say, not only is it a renewed love of synths but the flood gates to my creativity have been opened too.....and with what 23 said thats kinda the case with me but more with instruments....i switch from playing nothing but guitar to nothing but bass often, well of course now u have to add synthesizers to the mix :)