Request to the CS-80 owners here..

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Request to the CS-80 owners here..

Post by Bitexion » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:40 pm

I was wondering if someone that actually owns this beast could make a single sample from the middle of the keyboard of every preset (the 11 buttons).

I sat down with Arturia CS80v yesterday and the real CS-80 manual and tried to recreate the presets. Thing is, I couldn't make it sound ANYTHING like strings 1 or strings 2 etc. The settings in the real manual are obviously off for the softsynth, the envelopes and resonance seem way off, I could only manage some odd "weeeoooww" sound instead of Strings 1 if I copied all the settings. So I need something to compare against.

I want the real CS-80 presets in the V, on the 12 preset buttons on the V, they've just put some ordinary patches, and the two rows don't match eachother either.

I'm sure everyone else would like to hear them also. What's underneath those lighted buttons :)

THM
Gear: ARP 2600
Elka Synthex
EML Polybox
EMS SynthiAKS
mTron
MOOG Mini- & Memorymoog
Oberheim SEM
Roland Jupiter-8/...
Yamaha CS80
DotCom
>see MySpace
Band: THM

Re: Request to the CS-80 owners here..

Post by THM » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:32 am

Hi Bitexion, sorry but mine has not been arrived yet (probably first week of October); maybe Heath can help you out if this is very urgent.
DotCom Modular * ARP 2600 * Elka Synthex * EML PolyBox * EMS Synthi AKS * MOOG Minimoog Model D, Memorymoog * Kurzweil PC88 * Oberheim SEM * Roland Jupiter-8, JP-8080, Juno-60, TR808, TB303, MKS50, RE301, SDE330, SRV330 * Yamaha CS0 * see THM on MySpace

aXL
Gear: Moog LP Stage II, Ensoniq ESQ-1, Nord Electro 3, Roland JP-8080, Akai SynthStation 49, numerous softies...
Band: Nemesis Kane

Post by aXL » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:27 am

If I get the V at one point sooner or later, there is one more guy who'd very much appreciate the original patch settings.

But first, impOSCar and Battery 3. We'll see when the time comes.
Sir Nose wrote:It's like sex with or without a condom. You know which choice is gonna feel better, but it's not always a wise choice.
Disciples of the new wave, portaits in the sand...

RedElectricMoon

Post by RedElectricMoon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:18 pm

Hi, I've got two web sites in my bookmarks that may help you.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~avanheck/ - click on the front panel and presets

http://personal.inet.fi/private/matador ... mples.html - more stactic recordings of the presets

So long, before the mods discover I've been here ;-)

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:38 pm

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you :)

I don't think we've ever had that here. Such power in those presets. Wasn't expecting them to sound THIS good.

Check out the performance section too, there's loads of videos of him demonstrating the ringmodulator, aftertouch and all sorts of things.
Hm, turns out my attempt at Strings 1 wasn't so far off afterall. Just slightly wrong filter envelope.

On the second site, you really see that the presets are super boring, it's all the performance features that make them sound like in the first site. LFO, aftertouch, envelopes. And some reverb it seems too.

RedElectricMoon

Post by RedElectricMoon » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:38 pm

You're welcome :-) I think, all synthesizers are boring until you give them some life with your imagination. Even the mighty CS80.

Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Roland D-50
Creamware Minimax
Yamaha DX7s
Analogue Systems modular
Ensoniq SQ-80
Waldorf Blofeld

Post by Bitexion » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:48 pm

Haha yeah, I'm listening to the simple samples of the pure presets in the second link, I'd probably think it was a real s**t synth if I didn't know its legacy. "That doesn't sound like strings!! Or El. Piano! Or organ! dump it!"