Just bought an alesis micron!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Synthax
Band: Juju beans & Potato wedges

Just bought an alesis micron!

Post by Synthax » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:02 am

Just arrived in the mail today....Now this is one SERIOUS synth!!! I didn't even realize the synth engine on this thing was so deep. Why do people say it's so hard to program??? I don't think it's that way at alI . I just made some crazy fm evolving pad with one of the envelopes looping. I make experimental music, and this synth fits in perfectly. Thank you Alesis!

deathbycubicle
Gear: machinedrum uw mk ii
nord lead 3

Re: Just bought an alesis micron!

Post by deathbycubicle » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:44 am

Congrats!

New synth days are the best!

stephen
Gear: Laptop
House Brick
Renoise
Loomer Aspect
FM8

Post by stephen » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 am

I was wondering about what synths would work together in a compact setup (37 keys or fewer), and I'd completely forgotten about the micron! There's some nice youtube demos posted recently, and it sounds great.

I was going to buy a micron a couple of years back, but I was put off by tales of it's limited interface and wobbly knob (ooh missus!)
Synthax wrote:Just arrived in the mail today....Now this is one SERIOUS synth!!! I didn't even realize the synth engine on this thing was so deep. Why do people say it's so hard to program??? I don't think it's that way at alI . I just made some crazy fm evolving pad with one of the envelopes looping. I make experimental music, and this synth fits in perfectly. Thank you Alesis!
So I guess you're enjoying the micron? :D
Stephen(2)

nuketifromorbit
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by nuketifromorbit » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:03 pm

Synthax wrote:Just arrived in the mail today....Now this is one SERIOUS synth!!! I didn't even realize the synth engine on this thing was so deep. Why do people say it's so hard to program??? I don't think it's that way at alI . I just made some crazy fm evolving pad with one of the envelopes looping. I make experimental music, and this synth fits in perfectly. Thank you Alesis!
Its only hard to program if its first ever experience with subtractive synthesis :oops: .
We'll always be remembered, we'll always be dismembered.