I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Untouchable_888 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:49 am

I like a lot. (btw i hope i did not post this already..)

yeah, it is kinda digital, but it sounds so great. So i just have to work on how to mix it properly. lol..
the pads are real lush, and the bass can get real deep. Not as wide as analogue, but still amazingly cool........

Just goes to show that i am not an analogue snob.. But seriously, I REALLY love this synth.. Anyone else have affection for it?
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

User avatar
Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 pm
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Joey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:13 am

Untouchable_888 wrote:I like a lot. (btw i hope i did not post this already..)

yeah, it is kinda digital, but it sounds so great. So i just have to work on how to mix it properly. lol..
the pads are real lush, and the bass can get real deep. Not as wide as analogue, but still amazingly cool........

Just goes to show that i am not an analogue snob.. But seriously, I REALLY love this synth.. Anyone else have affection for it?
its not kinda digital, its totally digital

i'm kind of amazed you got one, but its not a bad choice by any means
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Untouchable_888 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:08 am

well i really dig it. why are you surprised?
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

User avatar
rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:00 pm
Real name: bill
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo
Location: kentucky hills

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by rhino » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:30 am

i sold my Quadrasynth, but still have the +version, TWO QS-8's and a QSR rack. they are great boards...get a editor to save a lot of work. i dig being to split the keyboard 3, 5, or more ways. the QS series is my choice for pit duty in theater work. stack two, plug in a set of bass pedals and your ready for broadway!!


bill
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Untouchable_888 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:45 am

uhh.. i just use the synth. straight out from the left channel into the mixer... I am pretty simple and minimalistic when it comes to music..
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9723
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:41 pm
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX
Location: monster island*
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:50 am

Untouchable_888 wrote:Not as wide as analogue, but still amazingly cool........
Untouchable_888 wrote:uhh.. i just use the synth. straight out from the left channel into the mixer...
Ummm, ever thought that if you want wide it could be worth running in stereo? Or are you talking about some other use of the word wide that I'm not familiar with? :?

User avatar
Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 pm
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Joey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 am

i'm amazed because you spent your first few months on the forum talking about how analog is the greatest thing ever and nothing compares, even trying to argue iwth me about it

so good on you for finally caving and not being a prick :)
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

User avatar
crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 2862
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:15 am
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline
Location: Synth Garden
Contact:

Post by crystalmsc » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:56 am

congrats for the new board. I own the S4+ and like it for the rich fx. with user samples, it's kind of pretending than I own some of the Q2 legacy with a very nice sample player :wink: also like some of the newagish layered pads, ep's (better than the acclaimed 8 megs piano card, which also has nice ep's sounds in it) and the flute sample. Audio quality is also very good for it's day and tracking generator coupled with the quadra knobs are also nice. the drum mode also have a nice editing, pity that it didn't have a resonance filter, otherwise it's going to be a much greater synth.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Untouchable_888 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:05 pm

Joey wrote:i'm amazed because you spent your first few months on the forum talking about how analog is the greatest thing ever and nothing compares, even trying to argue iwth me about it

so good on you for finally caving and not being a prick :)
lol..
this was offered to me for a phenomenal price and i could not resist. that being said i guess i was pwned by myslef as in the fact that digital can sound almost (lol) as integrated as analogue. But in all seriousness. I genuinely like this synth, and it is NOTHING to scoff at. I am honestly glad i got it...
Stab Frenzy wrote:Ummm, ever thought that if you want wide it could be worth running in stereo? Or are you talking about some other use of the word wide that I'm not familiar with?
I just meant that analogue seems to be wider than digital - esp where bass is concerned. But this QS really amazed me. Not that I am an xpert, but still it is probably the best digital synth i have ever heard. not that i have heard them all, but... And in all honesty, i like this better than a Virus. And from what i see, those are highly regarded digis...
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

User avatar
mome rath
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:02 pm
Location: DC

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by mome rath » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:34 pm

Untouchable_888 wrote:i guess i was pwned by myslef as in the fact that digital can sound almost (lol) as integrated as analogue. But in all seriousness. I genuinely like this synth, and it is NOTHING to scoff at. I am honestly glad i got it...
integrated!
Untouchable_888 wrote:I just meant that analogue seems to be wider than digital - esp where bass is concerned. But this QS really amazed me. Not that I am an xpert, but still it is probably the best digital synth i have ever heard. not that i have heard them all, but... And in all honesty, i like this better than a Virus. And from what i see, those are highly regarded digis...
so... what you're saying is that you have no idea what you're talking about
god elton can't you suck

User avatar
Stab Frenzy
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9723
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:41 pm
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX
Location: monster island*
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Stab Frenzy » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:07 pm

mome rath wrote:
Untouchable_888 wrote:I just meant that analogue seems to be wider than digital - esp where bass is concerned. But this QS really amazed me. Not that I am an xpert, but still it is probably the best digital synth i have ever heard. not that i have heard them all, but... And in all honesty, i like this better than a Virus. And from what i see, those are highly regarded digis...
so... what you're saying is that you have no idea what you're talking about
Image

User avatar
Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 pm
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Joey » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:23 pm

Untouchable_888 wrote:
Joey wrote:i'm amazed because you spent your first few months on the forum talking about how analog is the greatest thing ever and nothing compares, even trying to argue iwth me about it

so good on you for finally caving and not being a prick :)
lol..
this was offered to me for a phenomenal price and i could not resist. that being said i guess i was pwned by myslef as in the fact that digital can sound almost (lol) as integrated as analogue. But in all seriousness. I genuinely like this synth, and it is NOTHING to scoff at. I am honestly glad i got it...
Stab Frenzy wrote:Ummm, ever thought that if you want wide it could be worth running in stereo? Or are you talking about some other use of the word wide that I'm not familiar with?
I just meant that analogue seems to be wider than digital - esp where bass is concerned. But this QS really amazed me. Not that I am an xpert, but still it is probably the best digital synth i have ever heard. not that i have heard them all, but... And in all honesty, i like this better than a Virus. And from what i see, those are highly regarded digis...

you cannot compare the quadrasynth and the virus... thats like comparing an apple and a ferrari

lol.
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Untouchable_888 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:19 pm

Well, i know what you all are saying. but.. megh. i like some things. i dislike others. they may seem too different to compare, but i dont care. the way i look at things, others may not see it that way. i may be scoffed at for this, but i have no problem comparing a Virus to a QS. I can see where you guys are coming from, i really can, and kind of xpected it. That being said, I am at fault for opening the door.

if it is this (virus' being highly regarded) that is bothering you all, then i may be dumb, but that is what i have heard and observed from other forums..

have a nice day to all!
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

User avatar
Joey
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Posts: 1885
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:13 pm
Gear: 18u Eurorack, Octatrack, Pro2
Band: BLUSH_RESPONSE
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Joey » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:25 am

Untouchable_888 wrote:Well, i know what you all are saying. but.. megh. i like some things. i dislike others. they may seem too different to compare, but i dont care. the way i look at things, others may not see it that way. i may be scoffed at for this, but i have no problem comparing a Virus to a QS. I can see where you guys are coming from, i really can, and kind of xpected it. That being said, I am at fault for opening the door.

if it is this (virus' being highly regarded) that is bothering you all, then i may be dumb, but that is what i have heard and observed from other forums..

have a nice day to all!
i meant to say as they are completely differnet animals
No one cares, no one sympathizes,
so you just stay home and play synthesizers.

http://wearereplicants.com

User avatar
Untouchable_888
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:55 am
Real name: Nightshade
Gear: Cheetah ms6
Moog Mother-32
Roland JP-08
Novation Circuit
Korg Volca Sample
bass guitar
Band: Heart of Thorns
Location: Rutland, VT
Contact:

Re: I got an ALESIS QuadraSynth Plus. :]

Post by Untouchable_888 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:37 am

perhaps i need to change my digital synthesizer paradigm...
A.D.I.D.A.S.
[All Day I Dream About Synths]

~NOVATION IMPULSE 49 -> Cheetah ms6, Roland JP-08, Arturia Minibrute, Kong Volca Keys, bass guitar, <-/-> M-Audio MIDIman 2x4 -> Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 etc.

Post Reply